Anyone ever deliver parcels for a living?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Not baggies of drugs.

Anyone every deliver packages via UPS, FEDex etc?

If so, pros/cons?

Im thinking about quitting my job and applying for a delivery role for some subcontracted mob. Money will be a lot less, but my Schedule will be set with early start and finish times, 8 hours that are always day shift. No more 8s that becomes, 12 hour bs. No more we want you part time, oh nevermind guy, lets work you full time plus OT....

Cons of quitting my job. losing decent money at a semi cushy job, task wise.. its the other BS though..
Pros of quitting my job.. mostly everything.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Not baggies of drugs.

Anyone every deliver packages via UPS, FEDex etc?

If so, pros/cons?

Im thinking about quitting my job and applying for a delivery role for some subcontracted mob. Money will be a lot less, but my Schedule will be set with early start and finish times, 8 hours that are always day shift. No more 8s that becomes, 12 hour bs. No more we want you part time, oh nevermind guy, lets work you full time plus OT....

Cons of quitting my job. losing decent money at a semi cushy job, task wise.. its the other BS though..
Pros of quitting my job.. mostly everything.

I have not done it before but I know delivery drivers have been in the news recently. The vans they drive do not have air conditioning so depending on your location, that could be a minor problem or a huge one. They've had several people die of heat stroke because of no air conditioning in the trucks.

The other con would be you'd be doing a lot of repetitive lifting. I unloaded mattresses for 2.5 years and now I've had "golfer elbow" in both of my elbows for the last 8 years. It's caused by repetitive motion and lifting of heavy objects. Workers comp will cover any injuries initially but once I left the company (due to my elbows/forearms hurting any time I lifted anything remotely heavy), they stopped covering it so I'm shit out of luck.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I work for Fedex if you're new you're doing the grunt work and you're not leaving till all the work is done. This isn't the industry to be in if you don't plan on working at least ten hours a day. They call it postal for a reason.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I work for Fedex if you're new you're doing the grunt work and you're not leaving till all the work is done. This isn't the industry to be in if you don't plan on working at least ten hours a day. They call it postal for a reason.

It's not called Postal though? It's literally called FedEx where you work.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I have not done it before but I know delivery drivers have been in the news recently. The vans they drive do not have air conditioning so depending on your location, that could be a minor problem or a huge one. They've had several people die of heat stroke because of no air conditioning in the trucks.

The other con would be you'd be doing a lot of repetitive lifting. I unloaded mattresses for 2.5 years and now I've had "golfer elbow" in both of my elbows for the last 8 years. It's caused by repetitive motion and lifting of heavy objects. Workers comp will cover any injuries initially but once I left the company (due to my elbows/forearms hurting any time I lifted anything remotely heavy), they stopped covering it so I'm shit out of luck.

golfers/tennis elbow, ivee heard of that. 8 years.. christ.. is there no cure? surgery? OT?

No, this is a straight 8. 6am-2pm. If there is some OT.. okay.. but mindless days of chucking packages out the side of my truck while doing 45 in a 20 sounds very Lester Burnham from American Beauty

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I've heard UPS has great benefits and also pays great although no first hand experience.

Pay seems like it'll be enough but its roughly half of what I make now, so idk. Its not all about the money though

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
golfers/tennis elbow, ivee heard of that. 8 years.. christ.. is there no cure? surgery? OT?

No, this is a straight 8. 6am-2pm. If there is some OT.. okay.. but mindless days of chucking packages out the side of my truck while doing 45 in a 20 sounds very Lester Burnham from American Beauty
Surgery is a possibility but I'd have to A) have the money to get it done, B) have someone to help me post surgeries and C) basically be in arm cast for a year on both arms. It isn't always effective either. Stupid nerve gets caught in the elbow bone and that's what causes it. The repetitive motion is what caused the nerve to move over time supposedly.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Surgery is a possibility but I'd have to A) have the money to get it done, B) have someone to help me post surgeries and C) basically be in arm cast for a year on both arms. It isn't always effective either. Stupid nerve gets caught in the elbow bone and that's what causes it. The repetitive motion is what caused the nerve to move over time supposedly.

arms in a cast for a year.. so no rubbing one out.. def understand the struggles then. may the god bless

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Work hard and go for the money. Allows you to retire early and do whatever you want. It's nice.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
just my 2 cents, but this sounds like a bad life choice

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Work to live, don't live to work. Do whatever makes you happiest.

how does one want to live though........................

Work hard and go for the money. Allows you to retire early and do whatever you want. It's nice.

Id need trillions to do whatever i wanted to.

just my 2 cents, but this sounds like a bad life choice

My life is full of bad choices, that seemed to work out for the best for some odd reason.