Poles 1/4 of the season grades

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
GM - Ryan Poles (D-) - I did not hate this hire and have not given up on him, these grades are 4 games in to a long process of evaluating what was drafted and roster he has put together thus far. Major down grade for not getting any talent for Fields. You are either football stupid or blind or both if you do not see this. You cannot develop a quarterback this way, it doesn't matter if it is Fields or the next one who gets mercy killed by a Chicago Bears draft.

Draft
* Gordon - F
* Brisker - B-
* VJJ - F
* B Jones - D+

Free Agency
* L Patrick - C-
* Pringle - F
* Equifax - C+

Matt Eberflus (B-) - I like the way the team is more physical. Head scratching moments in the game for sure time management wise, expected as a first time hc and the whole guard rotation has worked great...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
GM - Ryan Poles (D-) - I did not hate this hire and have not given up on him, these grades are 4 games in to a long process of evaluating what was drafted and roster he has put together thus far. Major down grade for not getting any talent for Fields. You are either football stupid or blind or both if you do not see this. You cannot develop a quarterback this way, it doesn't matter if it is Fields or the next one who gets mercy killed by a Chicago Bears draft.

Draft
* Gordon - F
* Brisker - B-
* VJJ - F
* B Jones - D+

Free Agency
* L Patrick - C-
* Pringle - F
* Equifax - C+

Matt Eberflus (B-) - I like the way the team is more physical. Head scratching moments in the game for sure time management wise, expected as a first time hc and the whole guard rotation has worked great...
The important thing is, you gave a 3rd round pick all of one game to determine he’s an F.

And Gordon, while clearly not looking good, has played 4 games. Two without the #1 CB and one against the best QB in the league.

Perhaps a little patience is in order.

I have no praise for their free agent signings but I also realize the Bears literally had no fucking money and no potential this year so anyone thinking they were gonna get great free agents doesn’t know how this works.

KPBears

Liked Posts:

Draft
* Gordon - F
* Brisker - B-
* VJJ - F
* B Jones - D+

Free Agency
* L Patrick - C-
* Pringle - F
* Equifax - C+

Gordon - D
Brisker - A-
VJJ - D
Jones - B
Patrick - D
Pringle - D
Equinemous - C

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Draft
* Gordon - F
* Brisker - B-
* VJJ - F
* B Jones - D+

Free Agency
* L Patrick - C-
* Pringle - F
* Equifax - C+

Patrick a c-?
don’t forget reiff

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Patrick completely sucks. I gotta give Gordon more time. Remember Kyle Fuller sucked at first too.

Teven Jenkins continues to impress. (Not Poles' guy, I know.)

Poles has got to get Fields a reciever. I don't care if it's Odell Beckham at this point. lol.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The important thing is, you gave a 3rd round pick all of one game to determine he’s an F.

And Gordon, while clearly not looking good, has played 4 games. Two without the #1 CB and one against the best QB in the league.

I have no praise for their free agent signings but I also realize the Bears literally had no fucking money and no potential this year so anyone thinking they were gonna get great free agents doesn’t know how this works.
Learn to read.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They haven’t played a fourth of the season yet. Talk about premature! Sheesh….

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Patrick completely sucks. I gotta give Gordon more time. Remember Kyle Fuller sucked at first too.

Teven Jenkins continues to impress. (Not Poles' guy, I know.)

Poles has got to get Fields a reciever. I don't care if it's Odell Beckham at this point. lol.
Yeah we don’t know as a Center. He was ok at RG.

mecha

Liked Posts:

this x1000

if they had a history for winning consistently they wouldn't have first timer coaches and they be a draw for free agents. maybe if the continuity stopped at 2018, but not the team where it is today. if they demonstrate that they're scrappy and mean with the talent deficiency, then it'll help. team's been operating on crippled drafts and poor FA moves for a long time. you're witnessing the byproduct of it.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
So hard to evaluate fields. It’sa perfect storm of protection, lack of talent around him and him holding on to the ball too long. Then there’s Getsy., who seems to not want to get him going,

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

When you draft a 25 year old receiver in the 3rd round, they have to be impact players because you can't bank on upside potential. Generally around that age, you are what you are. I didn't like the pick to begin with but I'll give him more than 1 game before determining he's an F.

That said, the fact he couldn't even get on the field during the last play of the game (when it's a street ball play), is very discouraging from a WR perspective. This was supposedly the guy that would help make the offense go and he was invisible except for muffing a punt. I honestly didn't notice him on the field except for kick and punt return duties. I know he's been hurt but this was supposedly one of the big offseason moves to help the QB's development and yeah, nothing.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
When you draft a 25 year old receiver in the 3rd round, they have to be impact players because you can't bank on upside potential. Generally around that age, you are what you are. I didn't like the pick to begin with but I'll give him more than 1 game before determining he's an F.

That said, the fact he couldn't even get on the field during the last play of the game (when it's a street ball play), is very discouraging from a WR perspective. This was supposedly the guy that would help make the offense go and he was invisible except for muffing a punt. I honestly didn't notice him on the field except for kick and punt return duties. I know he's been hurt but this was supposedly one of the big offseason moves to help the QB's development and yeah, nothing.
I don't expect much out of him...but can he get more than 1 or 2 games before we crucify him?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

we gotta get Jack Sanborn in game :) (y)

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I don't expect much out of him...but can he get more than 1 or 2 games before we crucify him?
Absolutely. I said in my post that I was going to give him more than 1 game before determining he's an F.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like I said, thus far. He could have a great rest of the season. All he has contributed so far is watching touchbacks, fumbling and making great use of Ryan Paces interior decorating skills. I guess I could have went with incomplete , i hated the pick though

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I expected this team to be awful.

I expected Poles to add some young talent though.

It’s only 4 games but Velus and Gordon are worrying me a bit.

Really is too soon to make any judgments though. CB is hard. And Velus may just be a brane fart.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Lucas Patrick is the worst signing so far because he has been the worst lineman and he is a vet.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't help but to think that WR/OL + Brisker would still have been the play in the draft. Hoping Gordon is just inexperienced and needs reps.

Velus Jones finally plays and he does that. Ugh. Shoot me.