Kylie Gordon Talk. Real talk

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He is not NFL ready like they said he was. But that doesn't make him a bust.

Remember Kyle Fuller? Same sort of thing we saw his rookie season - reacting too late, not turning his ****ing head around when the ball's in the air. He's out there on an island a lot and coaches are letting him get picked on all game.

I think he's going to be fine. Bears had NO pass rush and he's a rookie who needs that. The whole secondary seemed out of sync most of the game and they didn't even get that bootleg contain even when Giants had their RB playing QB.

It was a bad defensive effort all around so of course the rookie getting picked on, ran at, etc all game was going to look the worst of the bunch.

Thank you.

On the flip side, should have gotten a badass WR instead of Gordon if we wanted to see Fields have any sort of chance this year, but Gordon is who they got, and with no pass rush, the Gordon we are seeing is hopefully not the player we're going to see when the Bears upgrade that DL in 2023.

Get a beast at 3tech and watch this D flourish IMO.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Pretty disappointed as well. Between Brisker and Gordon I wanted one good player and one solid to average player. I think that is pretty fair for 2nd rounders. Still plenty of time but Gordon has no instinct. Getting Jaylon back should change the dynamic as well.

Vildor looks alot better this year and he was absolutely hated last season, so we will see.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Gordon definitely looks like a liability. It is exacerbated by the fact Jaylon Johnson has been out the last two weeks and I think that has resulted in having both Gordon and Vildor staying on respective sides more. I hope Gordon can figure it out and correct the mistakes but the biggest issue this past weekend was his inability to quickly read plays and losing outside contain. I'm not ready to say he's a bust, but the trend lines through 4 games have not been improving so that is concerning. Hopefully he makes up for it with a big jump at some point, but in the mean time, choosing Gordon over an offensive weapon does not appear to be one of Poles' better moves.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am starting to notice that Gordon is taking a lot of snaps at nickleback and is struggling there, but almost all rookies do. It's much easier on the outside as you can use the sideline as an extra defender.

The team should probably keep him off nickle duties, but when the choice is Vildor...may as well let the rookie take his lumps.

Bear Nation was just spoiled by the DB GAWD KING in Jaylon Johnson.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am starting to notice that Gordon is taking a lot of snaps at nickleback and is struggling there, but almost all rookies do. It's much easier on the outside as you can use the sideline as an extra defender.

The team should probably keep him off nickle duties, but when the choice is Vildor...may as well let the rookie take his lumps.

Bear Nation was just spoiled by the DB GAWD KING in Jaylon Johnson.
Honestly vildor looked okay, which gives me a lot of hope for Gordon

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Vildor looks alot better this year and he was absolutely hated last season, so we will see.
He's bad. How many years of this do you have left in you?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Young players playing like young players. When you have a roster full of them, you just have to deal with it and hope that the coaching staff is making them better.

We should have drafted a WR.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think he can play slot, he should be on outside, like in college. To much to cover in slot...sad they won't put him outside

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To much to cover in slot...sad they won't put him outside

They do put him outside too. He had pretty solid sideline coverage on the Eddie Jackson pick. Even if Eddie never comes over, that's not a completed pass IMO.

Outside of Eddie Jackson, it's a crazy young secondary...someone is going to have to learn to play nickle.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I dont think he can play slot, he should be on outside, like in college. To much to cover in slot...sad they won't put him outside
Wasn't he outside this week? I thought the PI wouldn't have been called if he'd turned his head around

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They do put him outside too. He had pretty solid sideline coverage on the Eddie Jackson pick. Even if Eddie never comes over, that's not a completed pass IMO.

Outside of Eddie Jackson, it's a crazy young secondary...someone is going to have to learn to play nickle.
Was he outside on that, or did slot run that route. I am not talking shit...I just can't remember seeing him lineup on outside, where Vildor was all day.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't he outside this week? I thought the PI wouldn't have been called if he'd turned his head around
No, I think he had been in slot and those are just routes he is covering from slot...Ill have to check, but I don't remember him opposite of JJ...think it's Vildor on other side

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I think he had been in slot and those are just routes he is covering from slot...Ill have to check, but I don't remember him opposite of JJ...think it's Vildor on other side

But JJ was out against the Giants, so I think Gordon got more work outside this week, where the first few weeks he was inside far more often.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean I have no idea if he will be good or not at this point but this is definitely the season so take your lumps and make rookie mistakes.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears are now 12-1 when EJax gets a pick.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's a pretty good season for Gordon to take his lumps I guess. As painful as it is to watch, the more he plays the better.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no particular concerns with him, he's a rookie and needs to develop.

Next year it looks like the Bears will want:
Edge
3-Tech
WRx2
Tx2

So pretty much all the premium positions. It should be an interesting offseason and that's assuming they don't get to a point where they have a high pick and decide to officially move on from Fields. I'm less confident of that by the week.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no particular concerns with him, he's a rookie and needs to develop.

Next year it looks like the Bears will want:
Edge
3-Tech
WRx2
Tx2

So pretty much all the premium positions. It should be an interesting offseason and that's assuming they don't get to a point where they have a high pick and decide to officially move on from Fields. I'm less confident of that by the week.
I don't think RT is a big need. Borom, Jenkins (I would prefer they develop Jenkins) would be fine there. They could even move Jones over and let him bake a little while, he wasn't ready this year.

3T/WR I would be OK with either.

One thing will be sure though, as long as George is in charge, they will find a way to fuck it up.