**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
I'm sure they're really concerned by some bullshit metric
They should be. It's a fumble drill and I think everyone bar Whitehair or Musty didn't give two fucks about the fumble. It's basic shit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm sure they're really concerned by some bullshit metric

No but they may be concerned if they lose their jobs because of some bullshit metric.

Not like we talking a lot of established players great players guaranteed to be picked up by someone else.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
No but they may be concerned if they lose their jobs because of some bullshit metric.

Not like we talking a lot of established players great players guaranteed to be picked up by someone else.
And be replaced by who? Even shittier versions of the shitty starters we already have? Lol

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Nothing really. It's evident that while Fields' play is a problem, so are plenty of other areas. There's lots of other plays where the protection is there and a couple receivers are open and Fields just throws too late or misses them altogether. Lots of blame to go around right now.

The best we can hope for at any point this season is league-average type of offensive play, and they're a long ways from that right now, not unexpectedly.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Nothing really. It's evident that while Fields' play is a problem, so are plenty of other areas. There's lots of other plays where the protection is there and a couple receivers are open and Fields just throws too late or misses them altogether. Lots of blame to go around right now.

The best we can hope for at any point this season is league-average type of offensive play, and they're a long ways from that right now, not unexpectedly.
I think if Fields is missing reads into the second half of the year, my concern will grow two-fold. He has 5 more games to build around to showcase that he is the guy in the second half.

If you let him sling it and I see most of the misses are due to the lack of talent around him, then I’m ready to invest like a beast in him next season and run it back. If you see he is shell shocked in Oct/Nov and continually missing reads, then we need to have a serious conversation.

For the record, most QBs will miss reads, it happens. I am talking about the hesitation missed reads and repeated errors, etc. I still believe in the kid. He had some solid play last week, with some misses, but his team let him down also.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nothing more he can do on the first play. On the second, if he leads Pettis that is a TD as Pettis has a step and there is no S help deep so no need to back shoulder that. He also throws the back shoulder to the DB side too much. Needs to throw that to the actual back shoulder.

Regardless Pettis has to make that catch.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And be replaced by who? Even shittier versions of the shitty starters we already have? Lol
It probably requires just a couple of guys being cut and new guys brought in to deliver a message. Somehow I don't think a head coach who advertises an accountability system will be afraid to demonstrate the use of it. We will see I guess.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
As bad as Fields and the offense was how is no one talking about the D?? The rushing D and the fact they couldn't stop Daniel Fucking Jones from running. Equally if not more concerning to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.