Allen Robinson troll thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I remember a slow post-ACL Allen Robinson who was often timid when a catch was contested, and didn't wow me with his hands, speed, acceleration, ability to separate, nor any other meaningful metric.

I was astounded when Robinson talked about wanting WR1 money, because he didn't play like one, and had clearly lost a step.

Smart to let him walk.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Admittingly, I didn't watch the game against the 49ers. The stats aren't great, sure. But have to think Arob is losing interest playing with Stafford. Game one he completley ignores him most the game despite being open plenty.

Allen Robinson had great seasons here. 1,100 yard performances in a 16 game span. Bears fans are petty for relishing in his downfall. We could surely use him now. A reliable, possession receiver who can do work in the middle of the field is exactly the type of outlet Justin needs. I think its apparent now that Justin simply doesn't like to, needs coaching, and better playcalls in order to utulize the part of the field ARob excels in.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You don't mail in a season and not have that shit attitude stick with you.

Robinson mailed it in.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Admittingly, I didn't watch the game against the 49ers. The stats aren't great, sure. But have to think Arob is losing interest playing with Stafford. Game one he completley ignores him most the game despite being open plenty.

Allen Robinson had great seasons here. 1,100 yard performances in a 16 game span. Bears fans are petty for relishing in his downfall. We could surely use him now. A reliable, possession receiver who can do work in the middle of the field is exactly the type of outlet Justin needs. I think its apparent now that Justin simply doesn't like to, needs coaching, and better playcalls in order to utulize the part of the field ARob excels in.

while he did choose to throw to cupp and others in the first game, robinson had two targets caught one and other was the endzone throw where robinson gave a half assed effort. maybe arob has mailed it in and just wanted his 30 mill gtd money...
the bottom line is robinson is not getting open and it is what it is...what is needed is proper pass protection and WR's that can beat man coverage something robinson is not doing very well...6 targets netting 2 catches for 6 yards...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You want to sign a guy to multiyear FA deal you have to be sure that player wants to risk his health and body even after he's been paid. Lots of guys don't and it's tough to blame them. But easy to blame the GM.

One big reason why FA is so risky.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Allen robinson completely quit, glad they didn’t re sign him. That being said this bum team actually misses him, even if just as a decoy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You want to sign a guy to multiyear FA deal you have to be sure that player wants to risk his health and body even after he's been paid. Lots of guys don't and it's tough to blame them. But easy to blame the GM.

One big reason why FA is so risky.

Good thing we don’t have to rely on it next year right?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
while he did choose to throw to cupp and others in the first game, robinson had two targets caught one and other was the endzone throw where robinson gave a half assed effort. maybe arob has mailed it in and just wanted his 30 mill gtd money...
the bottom line is robinson is not getting open and it is what it is...what is needed is proper pass protection and WR's that can beat man coverage something robinson is not doing very well...6 targets netting 2 catches for 6 yards...
Like I said, I can't really speak for the 49ers game, but if you watch the video I linked against the Bills, ARob was plenty open. He just isn't the first read. And unfortunately for him Matt Stafford isn't playing well this year and is glued to Kupp and then sometimes his TE. I think he feels like he is being wasted. Kind of like last year here.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

The Bears were blasted for letting Robinson walk. That exact decision is looking better and better every week for Chicago.
He actually gets open fairly often, Stafford just doesn't look his way. That OL sucks, Stafford is trying to get rid of the ball quick to Kupp and Higbee. Either that or Stafford is just racist.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Good thing we don’t have to rely on it next year right?
I think every team has to rely on them to a degree. It's about finding the right ones, which is really hard.

Hopefully Poles can string together a few good drafts and make them less necessary.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think every team has to rely on them to a degree. It's about finding the right ones, which is really hard.

Hopefully Poles can string together a few good drafts and make them less necessary.
I was just making a smart ass comment since we’re all hoping for the $100 million off-season next year. ?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I know. I'm just trying to keep some faith in this team.
I hear ya man. Risky or not I’m still looking forward to free agency next year. If nothing else it should be an entertaining off-season.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I must admit I thought they should keep him, before the season started last year. However, it did look like he made a lot of "business decisions" last year.

There is no way you should pay a player $46M (31M guaranteed) for a 400 yard season, and it appears that he is on pace for something similar this year.

It is hard, because we all saw that he can be a very good WR, capable of 1,000+ yards, and I feel like he would be an upgrade over anyone not called Mooney.