**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
the very definition of a change of pace back.
Yep, unfortunately he is easy to attack for a defense. Monty is not, even if he is not quite the same caliber of zone runner.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Those stats were prior to game 4. His game 4 was absolutely atrocious.
I’m sure flus is pushing for consistency in terms of the OL to help settle Fields this year, but after that game, I am not sure how the don’t try something different at center. Gotta have accountability from games when you apply it after having lackluster Wednesday practice efforts from other players.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
So many points of failure on this offense. The best we can hope for is that some continuity and plenty of bad film to learn from leads to some improvement in the second half of the season. If there's no other silver lining, we're going to see which players can fight through adversity and still give effort and which ones will fold when things get tough.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Seems like a no-brainer to me. I'm one of the ones who's fine with Poles keeping it pretty cheap and letting Field fight through some adversity but you're not even getting close to league average play from Mustipher and Patrick right now. It's not like Flowers will cost all too much either and he's more than young enough to be a mainstay on the line beyond this year if he earns it. There must be something else up that he's still a free agent though.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m sure flus is pushing for consistency in terms of the OL to help settle Fields this year, but after that game, I am not sure how the don’t try something different at center. Gotta have accountability from games when you apply it after having lackluster Wednesday practice efforts from other players.

Sure if it continues. Not sure I would pull the trigger after one horrendous start as they certainly aren't doing that with Fields.

I presume the practice thing with Jenkins is an extension of their issue with him this whole offseason so not simply him having a single bad practice.

This is a young team. They will fuck up and make mistakes. The culture Flus is building is simple really. Practice like a professional, with maximum effort and be coachable and you get a longer leash. That is as it should be. There can't be different rules just because you are a top pick or because fans hate a particular player.

Last edited:

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Sure if it continues. Not sure I would pull the trigger after one horrendous start as they certainly aren't doing that with Fields.

I presume the practice thing with Jenkins is an extension of their issue with him this whole offseason so not simply him having a single bad practice.

This is a young team. They will fuck up and make mistakes. The culture Flus is building is simple really. Practice like a professional, with maximum effort and be coachable and you get a longer leash. That is as it should be. There can't be different rules just because you are a top pick or because fans hate a particular player.
Fair, but this isn’t a first for Trusty Musty. He just can’t handle a starting gig. Fields is in a development role/path. Musty is a backup.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fair, but this isn’t a first for Trusty Musty. He just can’t handle a starting gig. Fields is in a development role/path. Musty is a backup.

Everyone got a clean slate so Musty is being judged based on his time with Flus. He had 2 pressures in 3 games before the 6 he gave up this past Sunday.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Everyone got a clean slate so Musty is being judged based on his time with Flus. He had 2 pressures in 3 games before the 6 he gave up this past Sunday.

this goes to show just how little faith they have in their backups; carter/simmons/schofield and they still want patrick at LG even when musty just gave up nearly 50% of the pressures fields faced against the giants. patrick hasnt looked all that good at guard either so its just a big mess...I expect at somepoint this season we'll also see leatherwood at LG

Status
Not open for further replies.