Week 5 thread: Vikings week

Bearsy555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Here are some matchups that the Bears could be in trouble with come Sunday.

Let's pray Johnson plays so Jefferson doesn’t torch our secondary.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Vikings concern me more than they have in the past, mostly because of the state of our run defense. For years our defense seemed to shut down Dalvin Cook and force Cousins to beat us. We had some success because of it.

This time around, I'm not as confident in our ability to stop Cook. Couple that with Justin Jefferson who I consider the best wr in the league, the defense has their work cut out for them.

I guess right now, with sentiment the way it is, I would be happy if Justin is able to operate in a somewhat clean pocket and get over 200 yards. passing. Any positive signs of life on offense, particularly in the passing game, would be great.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Vikings might put up 50 if Gordon is matched up on Jefferson.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vikings concern me more than they have in the past, mostly because of the state of our run defense. For years our defense seemed to shut down Dalvin Cook and force Cousins to beat us. We had some success because of it.

This time around, I'm not as confident in our ability to stop Cook. Couple that with Justin Jefferson who I consider the best wr in the league, the defense has their work cut out for them.

I guess right now, with sentiment the way it is, I would be happy if Justin is able to operate in a somewhat clean pocket and get over 200 yards. passing. Any positive signs of life on offense, particularly in the passing game, would be great.

Bears didn't happen to shut down Cook. That was Akiem Hicks, always had his number. Then if Hicks got taken off the field in the 3rd quarter, Cook would light it up.

Except for week 1 with the Packers, the Vikings really haven't played very well. Actually the Packers aren't very good either. Technically the whole division sucks.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Anyone else going to the game? Flying out to minny tomorrow

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Regardless of who plays, they're getting creamed this week.
Agreed. Uh yeah dalvin cook and thielen anyone. Any talk about shutting running backs down previously means nothing.

As in: Hey gaiz we tore barkley’s acl in 2018 whooo it is a good chance we’ll do it again under a new dc!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else going to the game? Flying out to minny tomorrow
If the fans are anything like they used to be when I lived there then good luck with that.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Here are some matchups that the Bears could be in trouble with come Sunday.

Let's pray Johnson plays so Jefferson doesn’t torch our secondary.

Even if he does play, Jefferson will still torch us. JJ won't follow him all over the field.

I'm guessing he lines up in the slot over Gordon for 65% of his plays... for 145yds and a TD or 2. 158.3 passer rating against Gordon.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bears literally have no corners to cover their 3 WR’s if Johnson is out.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Smith can show that he deserves that big payday by shutting down Dalvin Cook.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
This week is going to be a real test on where our young secondary is at. I fully expect them to try and pick on Gordon and get him lined up against their top 2 WRs as often as possible. The secondary also is going to have to really tighten up on their hand offs of receivers as they move through the zone because there have been some massive holes out there in the last 4 weeks and the Vikings will just shred them if that continues. I hope we see a return of some pressure from the Dline as well because all of them were absent last week against an inferior team and the QB had way to much time in the pocket. It's time Quinn has a multi-sack day.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Bears didn't happen to shut down Cook. That was Akiem Hicks, always had his number. Then if Hicks got taken off the field in the 3rd quarter, Cook would light it up.

Except for week 1 with the Packers, the Vikings really haven't played very well. Actually the Packers aren't very good either. Technically the whole division sucks.

You're right about the Vikings not playing all that well since week one: barely got past Detroit, barely got past New Orleans with Andy Dalton playing QB. Those are not formidable opponents.

That said, there's a lot of playmakers on Minnesota's offense, and with our young secondary that has to be a concern. The Bears need to run the ball, shorten the game, and no turnovers...Even with all that, we'll need something good to happen on special teams, or a defensive touchdown, or something else unexpected.

This could be a tough one.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jefferson is looking at a career day or if he is double covered, Osborn or Thielen will steal the show.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Even if he does play, Jefferson will still torch us. JJ won't follow him all over the field.

I'm guessing he lines up in the slot over Gordon for 65% of his plays... for 145yds and a TD or 2. 158.3 passer rating against Gordon.

Someone will be assigned to Jefferson, but whether or not anyone actually covers him is another story.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Jaylon is back we will be fine. If not, start whomever Vildor is covering in Fantasy.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Montgomery was back at practice today. Surprised if he plays