Cubs offseason needs/ Talk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Sorry, but I almost spit out my beer at “ you assume to know squat about me but I beg to differ.”

Was that when you were yelling at the kids playing ball in your back yard?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Regardless, the fact that Happ's name has been brought up on conversations at all means that he is good.

If you boys want to play Debbie doubter that is fine. All I can say is... Suck it. You were wrong. And of he extends don't be a bunch of cry babies for the next year. No one cares

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Regardless, the fact that Happ's name has been brought up on conversations at all means that he is good.

If you boys want to play Debbie doubter that is fine. All I can say is... Suck it. You were wrong. And of he extends don't be a bunch of cry babies for the next year. No one cares
I'd prefer not to extend him, as he's pretty mediocre, but if they do, I'd hope it's a pretty team friendly deal

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd prefer not to extend him, as he's pretty mediocre, but if they do, I'd hope it's a pretty team friendly deal
I think they'll keep him this year but I'm guessing long range plans are calling for an OF of Davis, PCA and Suzuki....with Alcantara mixed in there somewhere.

Maybe they'll move Happ at the 2023 deadline.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they'll keep him this year but I'm guessing long range plans are calling for an OF of Davis, PCA and Suzuki....with Alcantara mixed in there somewhere.

Maybe they'll move Happ at the 2023 deadline.
He is an interesting case.He is better than fans give him credit but he also isnt great. He is worth a contract at the right price. The league is going to probably decipher what the Cubs do with him. I agree they are looking for an OF of Davis, PCA, and Suzuki but if he can be had on a reasonable contract. You cant get rid of a proven player at this point. I think he is def. gonna be shopped on the off season and during the season

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

How’s your GG Wisdom doing in the GG race?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I mean happ is a good starter on a playoff team but frankly he's not something irreplaceable. He's a LFer at this point and I don't really see any realistic scenario where he's better than he was last year going forward. So in terms of transformational value to the cubs today he's kinda meh. If you can turn him into hypothetically a potential #2 or 3 starter prospect that likely has more long term value to the cubs given where the cubs depth lies. He's a bit goldylocks imo because he's a good hitter but not a great one and he's a decent defender in LF but most teams don't care about defense in LF and will sacrifice defense for bat.

To me he's exactly the type of player you hope to get a team to over pay for via trade. His 2022 was good enough that people will likely be convincing themselves he fills a hole for them in their playoff push if free agent prices are too high. I look at a team like Tampa for example who's got absurd depth but is going to start to face a similar 40 man crunch the cubs do as a team that makes sense where they can get cheap immediate value to consolidate prospects.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Trea Turner gonna look good in cubs blue

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trea Turner gonna look good in cubs blue
My shopping list in no particular order........Bogearts, Turner, Rodon, Contreras/Barnhardt and Senga.

If they can't or don't want to resign Willy, then grab Barnhardt who is pretty strong defensively and gives you a R/L thing with Gomes.

Senga looks like Bruce Sutter with a 96 MPH fastball....great looking splitfinger. I'd bring him in to close.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My shopping list in no particular order........Bogearts, Turner, Rodon, Contreras/Barnhardt and Senga.

If they can't or don't want to resign Willy, then grab Barnhardt who is pretty strong defensively and gives you a R/L thing with Gomes.

Senga looks like Bruce Sutter with a 96 MPH fastball....great looking splitfinger. I'd bring him in to close.
I read that Senga can get over 100mph at times with his fastball.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
The Cubs hired new hitting coach. Is he any good?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Was that written by some grade school student?

He refers to a trade of a middle reliever as a move that will “haunt them forever“ and also calls a team that just was in tank mode as “in win now mode“. What planet is this guy on?

Last edited:

Bearsy555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was that written by some grade school student?

He refers to a trade of a middle reliever as a move that will “haunt them forever“ and also calls a team that just was in tank mode as “in win now mode“. What planet is this guy on?
Well considering that the Cubs bullpen wasn’t good this past season and that lefty arms like Chafin are extremely hard to come by yeah. And also considering that the Cubs are going to try and go after some of the top free agents this offseason such as Judge I wouldn't exactly call them in "tank mode" but yeah you know everything, Ken Rosenthal. Why would a team that you claim is in "tank mode" go after the top free agents? Pick up a book clown.

Bearsy555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
GREAT POST, Botman.
Letting Schwarber walk to save money is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen. You can look past the average and Ops and all that if hes hitting nearly 50 homers and 100 RBIS but have fun paying Jason Heyward 24 million again next year!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Well considering that the Cubs bullpen wasn’t good this past season and that lefty arms like Chafin are extremely hard to come by yeah. And also considering that the Cubs are going to try and go after some of the top free agents this offseason such as Judge I wouldn't exactly call them in "tank mode" but yeah you know everything, Ken Rosenthal. Why would a team that you claim is in "tank mode" go after the top free agents? Pick up a book clown.
They were in tank mode the last two years...y'know, when they traded the guy you are talking about