Encouraging Loss

mecha

Liked Posts:
The O looked better, but that is the worst Bears D I have seen in 60 years.
defense had some convincing stops. so I can't say it's the worst defense in 60 years. the 2013-2014 defenses were statistically the worst the Bears ever fielded. and that's including those dogshit 70s teams. people want to say Quinn only had 1 sack this season, schematically he's playing in a different defense than last season, and if in the event he was commanding double teams every snap like has been claimed, it will open up other defenders to do shit. he's gone now. the defensive line is still a weakness, and if they're not getting pressure consistently the entire defense will look bad. the team wants to save money and get something in return before they're backed into a corner and get nothing. in a tank season we all knew they weren't going to be winning anything. I don't see a problem with any of this.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure the passing yards don’t jump off the page, but Fields has shown himself to be deadly on 3rd down. 60 yards on 8 carries, against that Dallas front, is impressive.

They really need to get that OLine sorted. After that, a true number 1, and an edge rusher. They will have the cap space next season to build a roster that can take a run at the division.

This team is a LOT closer than it’s record shows.

I’m not mad at the loss, whatsoever. While I’m a little frustrated that they gave up the big TD run, I get that it is a short week, and the first game after the Bears traded a key starter on the Dline. It just seemed like the whole defense was out of sync this game.

And, yet another 200+ yard rushing game, against a very good D, that knew what the Bears wanted to do, but the Bears still did it. Nope, not mad at all.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Man, one of the most encouraging losses in Bears history. It looks like the Bears finally have a QB. There are not many teams that have a better QB than the Bears in the NFC moving forward. Considering how bad teams are in the NFC, this is not a 3+ year rebuild. Bears should be in contention next season if they make the right moves. They will be battling for that last wildcard spot as well this season because once again, the NFC sucks.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look at the stats for the WRs other than Mooney. Not to mention the clunky TE. Then understand the impossibility of achieving sucess in today's passing dominated NFL.

None of ESB, Pettis, Harry, or Jones are NFL quality receivers. End of story.
If the Bears add a true number 1, the receivers that are currently on the roster, especially Mooney, Pettis, and ESB, will look MUCH better.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Sure the passing yards don’t jump off the page, but Fields has shown himself to be deadly on 3rd down. 60 yards on 8 carries, against that Dallas front, is impressive.

They really need to get that OLine sorted. After that, a true number 1, and an edge rusher. They will have the cap space next season to build a roster that can take a run at the division.

This team is a LOT closer than it’s record shows.

I’m not mad at the loss, whatsoever. While I’m a little frustrated that they gave up the big TD run, I get that it is a short week, and the first game after the Bears traded a key starter on the Dline. It just seemed like the whole defense was out of sync this game.

And, yet another 200+ yard rushing game, against a very good D, that knew what the Bears wanted to do, but the Bears still did it. Nope, not mad at all.
on the subject of OL, anyone know why Jenkins spontaneously gets pulled for plays still?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It's a shame the offense had one its better performances at the same time the Bears defense had its worst performance in years. Eberflus and Allan Williams were completely outcoached on defense today. They were a joke.

This is the first 2 TD 0 INT game of Fields' career and first 3 total TDs game on top of that. Should have thrown for more yardage and possible more TD's if the Bears had NFL caliber WR's outside of Darnell Mooney.

The run game looks totally legit. If they can run for 240 against DAL, they can run on anybody. It is hard enough stopping the Herbert/Montgomery combination on the inside/outside zone runs, but the Fields designed runs and scrambles makes it next to impossible to shut down completely without some give. You have to pick your poison.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's a shame the offense had one its better performances at the same time the Bears defense had its worst performance in years. Eberflus and Allan Williams were completely outcoached on defense today. They were a joke.

This is the first 2 TD 0 INT game of Fields' career and first 3 total TDs game on top of that. Should have thrown for more yardage and possible more TD's if the Bears had NFL caliber WR's outside of Darnell Mooney.

The run game looks totally legit. If they can run for 240 against DAL, they can run on anybody. It is hard enough stopping the Herbert/Montgomery combination on the inside/outside zone runs, but the Fields designed runs and scrambles makes it next to impossible to shut down completely without some give. You have to pick your poison.

They were not outcoached. The DL was dominated.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
You can be dominated and outcoached at the same time. The Bears coaches had no answer for anything DAL threw at them. If we're going to credit the coaches for the way they handled the Patriots, they deserve some blame for this catastrophe.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Agree, not outcoached. The Bears dline is not good at all and the Dallas Cowboys are their worst mismatch of the season. There is not much coaching could have done in this game. The Bears dline will continue to have games like this because they are playing with backup level talent. For example, the Dolphins are better matchup for the Bears because they do not have a good oline. The Dolphins will make plays but Bears defense will have more opportunities.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The O looked better, but that is the worst Bears D I have seen in 60 years.
You haven't even been alive 60 years asshole so stfu and bear tf down please.

Ps been missing you. How's Vegas lyfe? Hit the big one yet?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If the Bears add a true number 1, the receivers that are currently on the roster, especially Mooney, Pettis, and ESB, will look MUCH better.

Pettis is a bum but finding a true #1 will make Mooney look a lot better. Would help if the TE isn’t in to block half of the time as well. But as long as Jones keeps progressing and they sign a RT in the off-season, the offense will be much more open next year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears are one of the least talented teams in the league. Its going to take a couple years, but there is a lot to look forward to.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Fix the DL and improve the OL and WRs and this can be a playoff team mext year if Fields comtinues to grow.
So get about 7-10 impactful guys at those 3 spots and we're right there.....if fields can actually grow into a mid level or above qb?