Bears trade for Claypool

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So you panicked after not addressing WR all off season and essentially swapped Roquan and Claypool?

msadows

Liked Posts:
average at best receiver lmao

Hard to tell what he is. World of talent tho and he can be used like a BIG flex TE which is what we need considering kmet is cold cement.

He had to play with a rookie, mitch, and the corpse of big ben the last few years

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Second is too high, but if he comes with a good attitude the upside is there.
I agree. As of right now it's too high IMO but if the rumors of character issues are wrong or he comes in and changes them and gets his hands right then he's worth the 2nd, if it's the Balt 2nd.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This great news to come out of my meeting with. I mentioned yesterday that I would not be surprised if they flipped the pick for a player. Love me some Poles.

Last edited:

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Hard to tell what he is. World of talent tho and he can be used like a BIG flex TE which is what we need considering kmet is cold cement.

He had to play with a rookie, mitch, and the corpse of big ben the last few years

So they don’t use a 2nd rounder on a clear elite talent like Pickens, but turn around and burn it on a much less talented, oft injured, inconsistent primadona. Claypool isn’t worth a 2nd on his best day

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Claypool is a day 1 starter and will be 25 next year.
Day one starter with issues and one year left on his deal. Big difference wouldn't you say?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Claypool will love playing with Fields IMO. Ideal WR for what Fields likes to do.

It was also let kmet to not having to keep doing the things he doesnt do well.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
great pick up by poles, especially getting claypool with baltimore's 2nd rd pick

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Why not just wait until the off season? Prices will go down and you’re not contending for shit

msadows

Liked Posts:
So they don’t use a 2nd rounder on a clear elite talent like Pickens, but turn around and burn it on a much less talented, oft injured, inconsistent primadona. Claypool isn’t worth a 2nd on his best day

While I love pickens he hasn't done anything in the NFL yet to prove he's an elite talent. Could be one day, that day isn't here yet....

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why not just wait until the off season? Prices will go down and you’re not contending for shit

Because he's actually trying to develop fields?

Derp?

They see fields is making progress with trash around him. They want that progress to continue. If fields performs well the rest of the season it will be much easier to talk FA's into coming here next offseason....

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Interesting given his size and his matchup, not only a good fit for Fields, but good fit for this O.