dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Excessive celebration is not a character or attitude issue. Sorry.
It's an immaturity issue and that's one of other on field issues. But you can ignore it because you wanted us to trade a 4th round pick for him. LOL

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yeah but the Packers probably offered their 2nd rd pick. Poles had to do it and there is no guarantee the Ravens pick will be much further than the Bears pick. Ravens have some issues, even after acquiring Roquan.
And you wanted or needed Claypool that badly?

The conversation now becomes does Poles view Claypool as his #1?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
The only way I will ever understand this is if somehow Roquan is "in" on a scheme with Poles from the beginning and he was sent to Baltimore to tank them on defence and Poles will bring him back in FA and also the Baltimore pick will be higher because of the tankening by roquan? That would literally be next level type of general managing and perhaps maybe a little bit too unlikely but a guy can hope there is literally a bigger picture behind the scenery that makes this make sense otherwise I will never understand how it is "building through the draft" when you're giving up your own picks instead of other teams picks in trades instead of using them for drafting!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah but the Packers probably offered their 2nd rd pick. Poles had to do it and there is no guarantee the Ravens pick will be much further than the Bears pick. Ravens have some issues, even after acquiring Roquan.
Some of you are just happy a move was made. You will be the first one to cry when it doesn’t work out lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yes this is the same type play on the Gordon Int where I told you it was not behind the WR but drifted downfield instead of cutting it flat. Glad Tony Romo agrees with me.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah it is what it is. He’s instantly the best receiver in the roster hope for the best.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Claypool is a freak athletically and has potential but for what will probably be a Top 40 pick I wouldn't have done it. He's too inconsistent for me.
We'll see at draft time who was still on the board. All i know is there will be multiple day one starters left that would be a rookie deals at 20 yrs old.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If the Bears finish bottom 5 this is pick 33-37

If the Ravens make playoffs (and their division looks weak) their pick is 51-64

He'd have had a lot more manuevability to drop from 33-37 to get an extra 2nd.....maybe he'll do the same with a top 5 type pick

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's an immaturity issue and that's one of other on field issues. But you can ignore it because you wanted us to trade a 4th round pick for him. LOL

Immaturity is different than character or attitude. Maturity can improve with experience and age. Character and attitude tend to be more permanent.

Jenkins allegedly was immature as well. This regime has him playing like a top 10 guard.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like the move. Claypool is a big fast target with good hands. I also like it from the standpoint that they aren't giving up this season with the move. Looks like they are working to build the offense. It also will give them a chance to evaluate talent needs for their defense. Maybe there were distractions with Smith in the locker room? I don't know. I still see their main needs are the Defensive line and outside lbs. I can see them using their free agent money to bring in a top offensive tackle, a good center and left guard. I see a tight end also being a high priority. Don't know what FA tight ends are out there but there are several in the draft that could be winners.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

Minus the Megatron quote….

Attachments

• 4B13AED0-E211-428B-889F-6AA0B8752C85.jpeg
    4B13AED0-E211-428B-889F-6AA0B8752C85.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 5

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I’m at least happy to see Justin get a weapon., even if I do think the price was a bit too high. Should be more fun to watch the offense for the remainder of the season.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Teven Jenkins says hi.
And what does that have to do with Claypool and you liking us giving up a high 2nd round pick for him when you wanted us to trade a 4th for him?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Every offseason, there are teams desperate to move guys with larger salaries to free up cap space. The Bears will have a ton of cap space in the offseason. They could've gotten a similar player for a hell of a lot less compensation just to 'take on' the contract in the offseason.

I've been a fan of most of what Poles has done in the tear down but this is a bad trade all the way around. I have no positive spin on it. Even if he becomes an elite level player (unlikely), you still could've gotten him for a hell of a lot less than a top 10-15 2nd round pick.

they way overpaid i'm so pissed rn