1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way I’d take Mills over Lawrence…

Would you?
Way too early to tell. Mills is already proving to be a great draft value though. I’m holding off on Lawrence until I see him in year 2 of the same offense.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
I'm a big CFF fan... a lot of hype for Lawrence was based on his freshman year and his measurables and his overall look. He was tall, white, looked the part, had the pedigree and beat Alabama his freshman year. But he regressed after that, and 70% of Clemson's offense were screen passes and just getting the ball to wide open guys streaking down the sidelines. But somehow he was never critiqued the way Fields was, GM's and scouts were scared to come out and say that Lawrence wasn't all that.

Despite that, I really loved his athleticism, which I still think is being underutilized along with his touch and delivery. I had him right behind Fields, but I thought the rest of the QB class was trash.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm a big CFF fan... a lot of hype for Lawrence was based on his freshman year and his measurables and his overall look. He was tall, white, looked the part, had the pedigree and beat Alabama his freshman year. But he regressed after that, and 70% of Clemson's offense were screen passes and just getting the ball to wide open guys streaking down the sidelines. But somehow he was never critiqued the way Fields was, GM's and scouts were scared to come out and say that Lawrence wasn't all that.

Despite that, I really loved his athleticism, which I still think is being underutilized along with his touch and delivery. I had him right behind Fields, but I thought the rest of the QB class was trash.
Seemed like everyone was kissing Lawrence's ass while Fields had hurdle after hurdle to clear and just did so with unbreakable determination. That's what I liked so much about fields coming out, like he's all about earning it every step of the way. He's the kind of guy you want to follow into battle.

Edit to add: is that psychologist still around these parts? The one who read his body language and said Fields is simply done with the bears organization after game 3 or whatever it was? Good times.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Lmao. I’m sure that being white shows up in his scouting profile. What a stupid fucking comment

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wait for 35 screen shots that @dbldrew will post showing Jones can pass the footbaw over 20 yards
From college?
I’m not sure he has completed more than 10 passes that have traveled 20 air yards

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
From college?
I’m not sure he has completed more than 10 passes that have traveled 20 air yards
I think they were just passes that traveled more than 20 yards in the air

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Lawrence still has to be #1. Despite some recent struggles, his numbers are still better than Fields. He also looks much more comfortable in the pocket and delivers throws on time with accuracy. He's going through the same growing pains every other young quarterback goes through, but I think he still looks like the best QB in that class. Fields is no doubt gaining some momentum, though.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Lmao. I’m sure that being white shows up in his scouting profile. What a stupid fucking comment
Interesting that angers you so much. Lawrence was clearly a one read guy in college in a pumped up system, but his mental acumen was never questioned. Similar to Mac Jones who was also considered a quarterback savant for some reason. All Josh Wilson did was run around and circles and throw across his body while playing poorly against terrible competition.

Meanwhile, Fields was crucified for everything from his IQ, leadership and maturity. Things that are typical questioned with black quarterbacks. Very rarely do they get the benefit of the doubt.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lawrence still has to be #1. Despite some recent struggles, his numbers are still better than Fields. He also looks much more comfortable in the pocket and delivers throws on time with accuracy. He's going through the same growing pains every other young quarterback goes through, but I think he still looks like the best QB in that class. Fields is no doubt gaining some momentum, though.
He needs to be #1 because he’s white. That’s clearly what scouts look for. Like when Jamarcus Russell went #1 overall. Some Raiders scout listed him as white so Al Davis went with him. Al was color blind. Little known fact.

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
He needs to be #1 because he’s white. That’s clearly what scouts look for. Like when Jamarcus Russell went #1 overall. Some Raiders scout listed him as white so Al Davis went with him. Al was color blind. Little known fact.
That was in 2006, brother. And Al Davis was known as a gambler who would make decisions other owners wouldn't. I dont know why you guys get so mad about this stuff. I'm not saying the NFL is necessarily racist, but there is a preconceived notion that black quarterbacks are stupid. Jacoby Brisset was fine in Indy and they found every reason in the world to replace him. Now he's shown he can be a quality starter in Cleveland. Tyrod Taylor was pretty good in Buffalo and he was replaced with Nathan Peterman, maybe the worst quarterback in NFL history. Look at Geno Smith.

If it makes you feel any better, there are plenty of white athletes who can probably succeed at running back and cornerback but they rarely get a chance. Does that help your fragility at all? Lol.