Who wanted McDaniels as head coach?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ironically, he's the best candidate if you want to get rid of Ryan Pace - he won't come with Pace here.

Bears are smart to pursue McDaniels who knows alot more about running a team than he did 12 years ago. He is the most qualified candidate in the NFL and it is not even close.

Nobody is a sure thing in the NFL but McDaniels has been around the best in the league for the longest. Would love to him here in Chicago with a talented young QB to work with.

For those hung up on Tebow, go back and look at the draft. It was historically one of the worst QB drafts in history. Bradford, Tebow, Clausen, McCoy. Nobody made it.

McDaniels needed a QB and reached. Rookie HC mistake. Guy had 12 years to look back on what he did wrong in Denver.

If you want a shot at one of the truly elite offensive minds in the game, and those guys don't come around often at all, (Belichick, Payton, etc) you make a run at McDaniels.

:peppers:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I wanted McDaniels. I loved his ability to adapt to the QBs he had. He went from Brady to a Cam Newton offense to developing the top rookie QB last year in Mac Jones. He showed that he can run all different types of offenses based on the team's personnel. I'm not sure if he coached all of them, but the Patriots went from Randy Moss led, to 2 TE offense with Gronk and the murderer dude, then a small white dude laden WR corps. From wide open, to middle of the field heavy to running QB run heavy offenses to RPOs and playaction heavy. I thought I wanted that ability to adapt for Justin Fields. I thought he'd learn from his previous coaching experience.

I was wrong. I'll admit it.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wanted McDaniels. I loved his ability to adapt to the QBs he had. He went from Brady to a Cam Newton offense to developing the top rookie QB last year in Mac Jones. He showed that he can run all different types of offenses based on the team's personnel. I'm not sure if he coached all of them, but the Patriots went from Randy Moss led, to 2 TE offense with Gronk and the murderer dude, then a small white dude laden WR corps. From wide open, to middle of the field heavy to running QB run heavy offenses to RPOs and playaction heavy. I thought I wanted that ability to adapt for Justin Fields. I thought he'd learn from his previous coaching experience.

I was wrong. I'll admit it.

I thought he would do better than he has. But those red flags from his previous chance were big.

Carr is playing worse under McDaniels and thats with Davante Adams on the team.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I thought he would do better than he has. But those red flags from his previous chance were big.

Carr is playing worse under McDaniels and thats with Davante Adams on the team.
Yeah, and I thought he'd basically grow from those since his last chance was several years ago. And to be fair, he may have grown from those, but maybe he just can't coach without the GOAT next to him.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I spoke positively of his candidacy. Looking back with clear eyes, at the time I wanted someone with head coaching experience. My primary was Harbough because he created a winner before. I thought JM was second to him in that regard because he's had good opportunity to reflect and grow from past mistakes.

I think strategically, my thoughts were sound but the results speak for themselves. In Denver he just couldn't get out of his own way, and I don't know what's happening in Vegas but I'm glad we don't have their problems.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I spoke positively of his candidacy. Looking back with clear eyes, at the time I wanted someone with head coaching experience. My primary was Harbough because he created a winner before. I thought JM was second to him in that regard because he's had good opportunity to reflect and grow from past mistakes.

I think strategically, my thoughts were sound but the results speak for themselves. In Denver he just couldn't get out of his own way, and I don't know what's happening in Vegas but I'm glad we don't have their problems.

already talks of firing him but they cant afford to fire him and pay for another coach so theyre stuck for a few years

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
already talks of firing him but they cant afford to fire him and pay for another coach so theyre stuck for a few years
I did see that as a headline but sounded closer to gossip, though it is not a shock at all that Davis is cash-poor.

I only hear of the struggles the raiders face second hand, are you watching their games or following closely enough to add some perspective?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wanted nothing to do with him. But kind of early to can him. Raiders are awful but they were just extremely lucky last year. Caught up with them this year. It’s not a talented roster.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Meh. This is more tame than I thought it would be. I must be confusing hiring cycles; I thought for sure a lot of people wanted this clown in 2022.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanted him or Harbaugh. While that may sound dumb, what has Flus done to distinguish himself as a great hire?

In the sake for full disclosure I wanted the Bears to trade up and draft Aaron Donald who I knew was going to be a stud despite his height, wanted Watson and hated the Trubisky pick, and gave the seal of approval on Fields.