**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Could really use Jenkins out there.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Patrick was brought in to play C. He had a hand injury that made that impossible so he split reps with jenkens to get ready while his hand healed. He played C for a short stint before whitehair went down and then was forced to play guard again. In his short time at guard he looked bad. I honestly don’t even remember how he looked.

Jones supposedly earned the LT position in TC and I fear he is kinda set in stone.

Schofield was brought in to compete, hasn’t done shit.

Borom has been gift wrapped the RT position and he’s failed. Reif was brought in but due to contract details they haven’t wanted to play him. Borom has lost his position. Reif is not a part of this team moving forward.

I know whitehair is old but he has considerable dead cap, and it makes little sense to cut him considering he is playing well when healthy.

If there are 2 obvious positions to upgrade its RT and C. No reason to hand Patrick the starting job.
Patrick did NOT play a single snap a C before Whitehair got hurt. And why are we putting so much emphasis on the dead cap? They took on a bigger dead cap by trading Mack and Quinn. They took on a similar or bigger cap hit to cut Goldman. I know Remy's point that they traded 2 of those guys and 1 was bad and leaning toward retirement, but dead cap in NO WAY should be a deterrent to cutting a player that's not playing worth the amount he's getting paid.

8Mil dead cap without him, but 14Mil with him and locking a 31-year old mediocre player into a starting spot on a team that needs to upgrade his position. Ya'll are thinking with your hearts and not your heads. Declining leftovers from a previous regime don't get paid 14Mil when he has an out in his contract over a handpicked player by said regime.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Patrick did NOT play a single snap a C before Whitehair got hurt. And why are we putting so much emphasis on the dead cap? They took on a bigger dead cap by trading Mack and Quinn. They took on a similar or bigger cap hit to cut Goldman. I know Remy's point that they traded 2 of those guys and 1 was bad and leaning toward retirement, but dead cap in NO WAY should be a deterrent to cutting a player that's not playing worth the amount he's getting paid.

8Mil dead cap without him, but 14Mil with him and locking a 31-year old mediocre player into a starting spot on a team that needs to upgrade his position. Ya'll are thinking with your hearts and not your heads. Declining leftovers from a previous regime don't get paid 14Mil when he has an out in his contract over a handpicked player by said regime.
If you look at this OL play and you come away thinking whitehair is the problem then you need to re-evaluate things.

Looking at this team as a whole the defense has holes ALL OVER THE PLACE. 3Tech, NT, Edge, LB, hell even the fckn secondary has issues.

The offense could use another WR, the line has so many problems ....

There are no way to fill these holes in 1 off season, I don't care how much cap space the bears have. You want to go and create another hole that you have to fill with THIS MANY ISSUES?

I agree whitehair is on the bottom end of his career, but there is no way this is even a top 5 issues on this team.

Rise

Liked Posts:
If the Bears had that punt return the refs would have called block in the back guarantee it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can't use the "95% of all of his games" argument when he has missed all of those games in the last 3 years. Guys don't get healthier as they get older. The wear and tear take a little bit away every year, especially the bigger players. Also, he only has an 8.3 dead if you cut him pre June 1. You can designate him after June 1, which takes that dead cap to 4.2M. And it's not an issue that you can't use that til June because they have 120M other dollars to play with.

Whitehair IS average. A ranking isn't average or a mean. If I have the 24th best grade on a test in a class of 64, I could still have an F (not saying Whitehair is an F player, just saying he's average, and his PFF grade is the grade of an average player). Whitehair IS going to be severely overpaid at a 14.1M cap hit. And I didn't say anything about having young players everywhere. But the Bears are a team that should be building for the future. What's the point of keeping Cody Whitehair when you have the money and ability to upgrade him? If he's not cut after 2022, he's gone after 2023 anyway.

Your injury argument is still dumb. He played 14 games in 2020 and 17 in 2021. So that is 31 out of 33 possible games. Including this year it is 38 out of 44. That is still almost 90% of games the last 3 years. So really you are simply exaggerating.

No he is 8.3m dead cap period. All June 1 does is determine whether it is all incurred in 1 year or spread over 2 years. And the point is you keep saying 14.1m but what is important is the incremental cap hit not the 14.1m. It is like you want to evaluate the cost to keep him but then ignore the cost to cut him.

He has given up 0 sacks and 6 pressures. That is not average. Further the point is if he is 24th out of 100 players then finding a replacement that is better is not a given. And comparing that to a guy that is 124 out of 129 is dumb.

You are pretending it is easy to find a guy to replace him bit it isnt. Dont think there is actually a FA G that has given up less pressure.

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
That dude is hairy ass cheeks. Im worried about the Bears surrounding Fields with talent.
That was the only early game televised here. It made me so happy knowing the days of the Bears being associated with games like that are over. The Jets had two total yards of offense in the second half. Two.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If you look at this OL play and you come away thinking whitehair is the problem then you need to re-evaluate things.

Looking at this team as a whole the defense has holes ALL OVER THE PLACE. 3Tech, NT, Edge, LB, hell even the fckn secondary has issues.

The offense could use another WR, the line has so many problems ....

There are no way to fill these holes in 1 off season, I don't care how much cap space the bears have. You want to go and create another hole that you have to fill with THIS MANY ISSUES?

I agree whitehair is on the bottom end of his career, but there is no way this is even a top 5 issues on this team.
Who said anything about Whitehair being the problem? And I'm not talking about every other position. I'm talking about the OL. You can get younger, better, and cheaper than Whitehair all in one, if you sign a guy like Elgton Jenkins or Nate Davis. You don't create a hole by cutting a player. You reallocate funds, hopefully to a better option.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Your injury argument is still dumb. He played 14 games in 2020 and 17 in 2021. So that is 31 out of 33 possible games. Including this year it is 38 out of 44. That is still almost 90% of games the last 3 years. So really you are simply exaggerating.

No he is 8.3m dead cap period. All June 1 does is determine whether it is all incurred in 1 year or spread over 2 years. And the point is you keep saying 14.1m but what is important is the incremental cap hit not the 14.1m. It is like you want to evaluate the cost to keep him but then ignore the cost to cut him.

He has given up 0 sacks and 6 pressures. That is not average. Further the point is if he is 24th out of 100 players then finding a replacement that is better is not a given. And comparing that to a guy that is 124 out of 129 is dumb.

You are pretending it is easy to find a guy to replace him bit it isnt. Dont think there is actually a FA G that has given up less pressure.
Yes, I understand how dead cap works. You changed your narrative after saying you only save 5.8Mil by cutting him (which is misleading because they can save almost 10Mil in 2023, if they want). And I'm not ignoring anything. You simply don't pay a guy more than what he's worth at age 31. That's just bad business, no matter how much cap you have. That's how you end up cutting a perfectly adequate LT (Leno) and keeping an aging TE (Graham). I understand the Bears aren't in that situation now and probably won't be again soon, but Poles has been on the job for 8 months and every single move he's made has been about weighing performance to value.

Mack- sure the Bears needed draft picks, but part of why he was traded because he wasn't worth his cap hit for what he provided.
Quinn- sure it was obvious to take the 4th over cutting him for nothing after the season, but part of why he was traded was because he wasn't worth his cap hit for what he provided.
Smith- pick wasn't an obvious need here, and Roquan obviously wasn't old like the other 2. But they already put a number on what they were willing to pay him. And part of why he was traded was because they weren't willing to pay him what he wanted based on what he provided.
Cody Whitehair at 14.1M is a top 8 cap hit for the 24th best guard in the league. Counting stats don't mean anything when he's missed 4 games out of 10.

I never once said it was easy to replace him. I said you need to. And it is much easier to replace him when you have double the amount of money as any other team in the league. Bottom line, Cody Whitehair isn't going to be a part of the next good Bears team. It's always better to cut someone a year early than a year too late.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Watch this fucking clown have a career day against the bears.
Oh yeah, I fully expect this to be his best game of the season. The Bears pass rush is nonexistent and the corners are banged up - not a good recipe in a passing league. I fully expect him put up some absurd line like 350 yds and 4 touchdowns. It'll be the game Jets fans talk about all offseason. Have I jinxed him enough or should I do more just to be safe?

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh yeah, I fully expect this to be his best game of the season. The Bears pass rush is nonexistent and the corners are banged up - not a good recipe in a passing league. I fully expect him put up some absurd line like 350 yds and 4 touchdowns. It'll be the game Jets fans talk about all offseason. Have I jinxed him enough or should I do more just to be safe?
It could be his fluke Trubisky 6 TD type game.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who said anything about Whitehair being the problem? And I'm not talking about every other position. I'm talking about the OL. You can get younger, better, and cheaper than Whitehair all in one, if you sign a guy like Elgton Jenkins or Nate Davis. You don't create a hole by cutting a player. You reallocate funds, hopefully to a better option.
Jenkins is flat out fucking garbage this year. Hard pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.