Shutting down Fields

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I certainly wouldn't send him out if he's not pretty healthy. If that shoulder is sore still by next week, I wouldn't risk it. His health has been deteriorating and there is no need to risk aggravating something.

The combination of this O-Line, WR group, and Fields' own tendency to hold the ball means he is going to get hit if he plays.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Absolutely not

That said, that last drive I’d like to ask Getsy wtf he’s thinking with his play calling there. It was pretty clear JF was hurting.

Grendel2000

Liked Posts:
I'm torn between two thoughts:

1. They HAVE TO start pressing the development of Fields in the passing game. He MUST start learning to throw the ball with anticipation. Let him make mistakes NOW when it doesn't matter.

2. They CANNOT put Fields in a position where he's throwing a lot because he's going to die.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I definitely sit him next week. It’s the perfect game for Trever to play in, hell he might win it. The last thing you want to do is have a small injury turn into a big injury, not worth the risk this season.

Similar to Jenkins, if he is hurt let him rest.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He does but he has already made tremendous strides this year.

Let's not get greedy at the end of a meaningless season.
Not greedy at all. I would just tell him to take some chances on deep throws. Let's see if he can get a connection with Claypool or someone else going into next year. If he throws a few more picks, so what.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I am sure they are examining him for a separated left shoulder. Getsy took a step back on his playcalling this game, especially that last drive. The first play of that drive was not a good call but to call a run play on the next play was just plain stupid. Glad the Bears lost because there was no benefit to winning but I would rather have gone out with Fields trying to comeback throwing the ball.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who thinks this is starting to make sense? Or at least sitting him a few road games.

Protect your best asset. Improve the draft pick. This seems like a very reasonable approach that I think even the local fans would be ok with.

No ,what they need to do is cut back on the running plays with Fields & let him pass the ball. Let him make all the mistakes passing the ball in a throw away year. They need to quit running 10+ QB sweeps & draw plays a game, like it’s high school.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
His left shoulder has been bothering him all season. If its actually messed up then its time for rest.
Agree, just shut him down for the season if the injury can lead him to a more serious injury.

Recovery time for a level 1 can be as little as a couple weeks, but a level 4 or higher may require surgery and take 2 to 3 months to fully recover. Again, the best way to prevent a serious (level 3 or higher) AC injury is to make sure any previous shoulder injuries are completely healed.

gocbears

Liked Posts:
This is what happens when you deliriously go all in expecting Fields to continue running the ball instead developing the passing game, and get an RG III irrelevant QB for years. Fields needs to learn to pass the ball, even if he only has time to dink & dunk it for a few yards and hope for YAC from the receiver. Getsy screwed this second half up completely (and potentially the remainder of the season). Bears fans, say hello to your back up QB Trevor Siemian for the rest of the season maybe?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This is what happens when you deliriously go all in expecting Fields to continue running the ball instead developing the passing game, and get an RG III irrelevant QB for years. Fields needs to learn to pass the ball, even if he only has time to dink & dunk it for a few yards and hope for YAC from the receiver. Getsy screwed this second half up completely (and potentially the remainder of the season). Bears fans, say hello to your back up QB Trevor Siemian for the rest of the season maybe?
Yeah, no interest in watching the Siemian the rest of the season. Bring on free agency.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
They might not have a choice. If he broke his collarbone or separated his shoulder because of Luke Getsy's stupidity, he's done for the year.

If he somehow comes away from this game relatively unscathed, then no, you don't sit him. He needs the reps.