⚽️⚽️⚽️OFFICAIL⚽️⚽️⚽️ 2022 FIFA World Cup of FOOTBALL Thread: ARGENTINA vs FRANCE (FINALS) - 12/18 @ 9:00AM CT [FTO]

Monster

Liked Posts:
I woke up to this.

I had Iran, Netherlands, Senegal, Brazil(yesterday), Purdue basketball, Lions on the points, Vikings -6.5, and the under in the cowboys game.

20 bucks to win like 2 grand.......the under for the cowboys game didnt hit because the giants decided to go for a moral victory in the final seconds. Bastards.....
Yea… I missed a nice one on that too.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Do you have a gambling problem, betting on things you never watch? Do you bet on cricket matches too?
You'd be surprised at how much people gamble on sports they never watch. I work in the sports gambling industry and my boss used to be a writer at a sports book. He tells me stories all the time about people who bet on some random sport without knowing a thing about it.

Soccer is actually a big one because you can bet the outcome as either a win/loss or you can bet the outcome as a win/loss/draw. He said you'd be amazed how many people would bet soccer as win/loss and then get upset when it was a draw.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You'd be surprised at how much people gamble on sports they never watch. I work in the sports gambling industry and my boss used to be a writer at a sports book. He tells me stories all the time about people who bet on some random sport without knowing a thing about it.

Soccer is actually a big one because you can bet the outcome as either a win/loss or you can bet the outcome as a win/loss/draw. He said you'd be amazed how many people would bet soccer as win/loss and then get upset when it was a draw.
Yeah, you gotta at least understand how common draws are in the stage round to be betting on matches

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
USA soccer is like the Detroit Lions. Never win anything but the fans celebrate them for participating.

WRONG. The US Men's team are both the reigning Gold Cup Champions and Nations League Champions. They are also 3-0-1 against their neighbour's rival, Mexico in the last 4 games.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Only happens once every 4 years. We've made the knockout stages 2 out of the last 3 World Cups. Qualifying for the tournament is a success in itself.
Big fan of Ryan Pace is very happy with qualifying and not winning a World Cup. I think the big difference between you and i as sports fans if you're more than happy with participation trophies and i want to win championships. Guessing your old man was a big time loser.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Listen, asshole, how was I supposed to know a Chimpanzee Knife Fight could end in a draw?

I thought those were pretty win/loss type competitions.

Fucking sue me.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Big fan of Ryan Pace is very happy with qualifying and not winning a World Cup. I think the big difference between you and i as sports fans if you're more than happy with participation trophies and i want to win championships. Guessing your old man was a big time loser.
No, it's just that I live in reality. The US' best athletes are encouraged to play Football and basketball from a young age. In other countries, they live and breathe soccer. Globally, all the best athletes and athletic resources go towards soccer. It's actually a sport with a much more equitable and even playing field.

But go ahead about that participation trophy nonsense. It sounds like it comes from someone who has to apply such expectations from their sports teams because they don't understand how real world success works and the process it takes to get there.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, it's just that I live in reality. The US' best athletes are encouraged to play Football and basketball from a young age. In other countries, they live and breathe soccer. Globally, all the best athletes and athletic resources go towards soccer. It's actually a sport with a much more equitable and even playing field.

But go ahead about that participation trophy nonsense. It sounds like it comes from someone who has to apply such expectations from their sports teams because they don't understand how real world success works and the process it takes to get there.
You don't live in reality. Your whole post history confirms it and your posts are dumb enough to have someone question if you have extra chromosomes.

It doesnt matter what sports are encouraged for young athletes. That does not change the fact that the US Mens team sucks balls on the regular and we(and by we i mean you and many like you) celebrate these guys for merely existing. Kind of like a Ryan Pace midround draft pick.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
You don't live in reality. Your whole post history confirms it and your posts are dumb enough to have someone question if you have extra chromosomes.

It doesnt matter what sports are encouraged for young athletes. That does not change the fact that the US Mens team sucks balls on the regular and we(and by we i mean you and many like you) celebrate these guys for merely existing. Kind of like a Ryan Pace midround draft pick.
Please just prove to me how you are successful in real life because you seem to talk with the authority as if you understand success so well and as if its so easily attainable.

You obviously hate soccer and don't understand the sport or the global community around it. It shows in your ignorance in this thread. The US has performed well in the last 4 or 5 years and were recently ranked in the top 10. They won the last two tournaments they participated in, Gold Cup and Nations League. They've made plenty strides.

But why do I act surprised. Of course the most negative poster on this site is going to cheer against their own country I'm the World Cup.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Please just prove to me how you are successful in real life because you seem to talk with the authority as if you understand success so well and as if its so easily attainable.

You obviously hate soccer and don't understand the sport or the global community around it. It shows in your ignorance in this thread. The US has performed well in the last 4 or 5 years and were recently ranked in the top 10. They won the last two tournaments they participated in, Gold Cup and Nations League. They've made plenty strides.

But why do I act surprised. Of course the most negative poster on this site is going to cheer against their own country I'm the World Cup.
Why so you can ignore it, move goalposts or deflect as you do with everything when i best you? You live in another world.

I do hate soccer. That doesn't change the fact that the US Mens team never wins the world cup and they're still celebrated for no reason. We threw a parade for them for losing.

I'm not cheering against my country. My country isn't US Mens Soccer but its not surprising the biggest crybaby on CCS is the only one to bitch about it. Also im not the most negative poster. Im just the one here who lives inside of your head.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet here you are rooting for a team that hasn’t won shit. You’ve waste a large chunk of your adult life to the tune of 29k posts. And they’ve had 4x more chances. It’s a stupid fucking argument coming from a fan of the Chicago Bears.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And yet here you are rooting for a team that hasn’t won shit. You’ve waste a large chunk of your adult life to the tune of 29k posts. And they’ve had 4x more chances. It’s a stupid fucking argument coming from a fan of the Chicago Bears.
Yeah and i criticize them for not being good, not throwing them parades for making the playoffs as an 8-8 7th seed. Try to keep up Jr.