**OFFICAIL** Regular Season News & Scheisse - FTO : THREAD DERAILING PROHIBITED***

Status
Not open for further replies.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It’s pretty simple for me - The best possible draft position is better for the franchise long term than 6 games of experience for Fields, especially at less than 100%. We know Fields can play, even with a sub-par supporting cast. Does anyone have any doubt that if Poles upgrades the OL and adds another weapon that Fields won’t light it up next year? Is 6 games this season going to change that? That’s absurd.

Playing Fields not only risks further injury, but also jeopardizes draft position. I would much rather avoid both of those risks. There is absolutely zero upside to going that route and a whole lot of downside

You are assuming we win with Fields which hasnt been the case. I prefer best draft position and 6 games of experience for Fields.

And yes I still have doubts Fields can take the next step as a passer as even when WRs are open he hestitates far more than is normal. He still has a ways to go as a passer so yes I still want him to get more experience if he is healthy enough to play. Dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
No point in staying. Sooner he is in the league the sooner he gets to 2nd contract. 2nd round also is better than 1st round long term as no 5th year option. So leaving this year potentially results in him getting to FA after 4 years rather than 6 years if he waits and then is a 1st round pick.

Sure that is a possibility. Just saying there is a benefit but always have to weigh against the risks.
That's true. I'd imagine if he does come out and stays healthy in the pre-draft process and can work out fully for teams, he'll still go 1st round. I'd still be very interested as a Bears fan. They could use a slot guy that can separate from man coverage.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You are assuming we win with Fields which hasnt been the case. I prefer best draft position and 6 games of experience for Fields.

And yes I still have doubts Fields can take the next step as a passer as even when WRs are open he hestitates far more than is normal. He still has a ways to go as a passer so yes I still want him to get more experience if he is healthy enough to play. Dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Sure. Let’s pretend Justin fields will play and also give the bears the best chance to lose games while also looking great and getting amazing experience. Super legit

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure. Let’s pretend Justin fields will play and also give the bears the best chance to lose games while also looking great and getting amazing experience. Super legit

You are making stuff up. No one said he gives us the best chance to lose. The point was you are acting like we have been winning with him playing amazing.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Rams are banged up ... Unintentional tank without a 1st round pick.

Rodgers is one tough SoB.

Status
Not open for further replies.