“As long as Ted Phillips is there I don’t want anything to do with Chicago”

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don’t pay enough attention to know what the general public opinion is of Florio but still sad to hear this. All bears fans know ted needs to gtfo….but yet there he is.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You’re getting paid 5-10 mil a year for 5 years guaranteed they will put up with philips lol

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not wrong.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't think it will be an issue.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Florio is a Vikings fan. He's going to say Chicago is a shit destination for a GM and HC to as many people as he can.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Phillips stuff is overblown. He doesnt really get involved in player personnel. If I am a GM I prefer Phillips over someome that actually knows football as not looking for someome to micro-manage me and if I do well then I can replace him as Head of football operations when he retires.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ted is going to be working on a deal for a shiny new stadium for the new GM and HC to put a quality team in. He’ll do his job…they need to do theirs…
I know that's what they say, but on the other hand, why is he taking part of the interview process?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Phillips stuff is overblown. He doesnt really get involved in player personnel. If I am a GM I prefer Phillips over someome that actually knows football as not looking for someome to micro-manage me and if I do well then I can replace him as Head of football operations when he retires.
Yeah I've seen this claim multiple times, but I've not seen anything to support it. The dude was team President.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Whoever comes in will be the #1 football guy in the building, like Phil Emery was. Hopefully the new guy does better than Phil Emery.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I wish he’d go into detail about what Ted Phillips actually does to make this a bad destination. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone expound on that

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish he’d go into detail about what Ted Phillips actually does to make this a bad destination. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone expound on that

I’ve heard he’s nixed trades… like for ladanian tomlinson in the draft because of money. Several other examples. All hearsay from my end but nothing i really doubt.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I’ve heard he’s nixed trades… like for ladanian tomlinson in the draft because of money. Several other examples. All hearsay from my end but nothing i really doubt.
Ah yeah I do vaguely remember hearing about the LDT trade.