⚽️⚽️⚽️OFFICAIL⚽️⚽️⚽️ 2022 FIFA World Cup of FOOTBALL Thread: ARGENTINA vs FRANCE (FINALS) - 12/18 @ 9:00AM CT [FTO]

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm excited to root for them and then completely forget about soccer for 4 years until this tournament happens again
Same brother. Still upset with you for ruining my alt and best friends MOCK because of that Iowa Shiteye that gave him a D- grade.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm no expert, but I'm fairly certain this is a significantly young team that doesn't have much experience on the international scene.

I could be wrong, but I may be right. Probably wrong. Holding out hope I'm right.
Youngest squad in the tourney. Netherland fans are not real confident in their side and they did not want to play the US. The US arguably outplayed the English and Wales as well. However, seems this is the most unfit US team in recent memory. They look gassed too early. They used to practice in Colorado as the high altitude was a bonus and has more benefits for cardiovascular workouts. I could be wrong though but the announcer said they work out in Kansas City now.

The team is simply lacking striking options, they just aren’t good at putting the biscuit in the basket

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I'm excited to root for them and then completely forget about soccer for 4 years until this tournament happens again
I like watching them play in international tournaments but I'm not watching any 'friendly' matches. I need stakes of some kind to be involved or I just don't have any interest. It's why I can only usually stomach a quarter of preseason football before turning it off to the next week.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why the duck is Reyna not playing??

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Australia and Tunisia both with amazing runs to go up 1-0 in their respective games

pablovi

Liked Posts:
It's the sidelines refs job to call offside. They are supposed to stop and wave their flag if someone is offsides. If play resumes thats on the center ref to stop the game. But the sudeline ref waited until we were 1v1 scoring position to then make a call.

But they haven't shown enough replays to verify how I perceived it live so I'm not 100% sure.
Not anymore, they shouldn’t call the offside until the play finishes. Unless it’s a Very clear offside.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Youngest squad in the tourney. Netherland fans are not real confident in their side and they did not want to play the US. The US arguably outplayed the English and Wales as well. However, seems this is the most unfit US team in recent memory. They look gassed too early. They used to practice in Colorado as the high altitude was a bonus and has more benefits for cardiovascular workouts. I could be wrong though but the announcer said they work out in Kansas City now.

The team is simply lacking striking options, they just aren’t good at putting the biscuit in the basket
Second youngest, Ghana is the youngest. Still a very good team, and 99% of them play outside the US, so they have all the experience they need.
They should beat The Netherlands, if they play it smart. But this team is built for 2026, where they will be the local team. The US is in great shape for the next WC. And they have the easiest number 1 in the eight finals.

Liked Posts:
Second youngest, Ghana is the youngest. Still a very good team, and 99% of them play outside the US, so they have all the experience they need.
They should beat The Netherlands, if they play it smart. But this team is built for 2026, where they will be the local team. The US is in great shape for the next WC. And they have the easiest number 1 in the eight finals.
The US certainly has a chance vs the Netherlands because the level of the US players has gone up since the last WC and they work very hard every game. They tend to fall off in the second half however and they seem to miss a surefire striker.

Nederland hasn't been playing very well up till now but these are still all players who play with the biggest teams in the world ( Liverpool, Barcelona etc ) and should they produce a good game they can easily score 3 or 4 goals, something I don't see the US team capable of.

And then, there's the coach, Van Gaal. If I would compare him to an NFL coach, I'd say he's a Bill Parcells level coach. He's very tactically skilled and knows how to win.

US wins if they play a great game and Netherlands cannot lift their game.
If Nederland plays a good game, they win.

As far as my team goes, Belgium is old and over the top. Last WC we were third only losing 1-0 to the eventual Champion France in the semis.
Now we need to win vs runner up Croatia tomorrow in a stay alive or go home game.
The coach is starting to get into hot water.
I think he wasted this tournament by hanging onto these older players who who can no longer compete with the real top teams.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eh the beauty of soccer is that you can be thoroughly outplayed and still come away with a victory because all it takes is one or 2 moments of class. The US is more than capable of hanging with the Netherlands and then exploiting them on the counterattack.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Do you post in any igt Mexico soccer games? Lol

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
seems this is the most unfit US team in recent memory. They look gassed too early.
It's the way they play. They press very hard early and expend a ton of energy in the first half hour of games. The good thing about that is it can be effective in preventing better teams from getting on top of the game early. Similarly to Gareth Southgate (England coach), the US coach is getting quite a bit of criticism for not using his substitutions well. But in fairness to him, the US doesn't have the depth of some other teams so it's not a simple thing to fix.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lukaku just quite possibly played one of the worst games of all time. He was like Nagy was calling plays in the red zone

Liked Posts:
Lukaku just quite possibly played one of the worst games of all time. He was like Nagy was calling plays in the red zone
Imagine being Belgian and watching the team miss multiple open scoring chances ...
Unfortunatle my pre-tournament prediction of an early exit came true.
The coach hung on to has-been great players too long and paid the price.
We have young good players but he kept them on the bench.
Martinez resigned as coach after the game.
It was the right thing to do.
He had 6 years with a unique generation of players and he didn't deliver.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine being Belgian and watching the team miss multiple open scoring chances ...
Unfortunatle my pre-tournament prediction of an early exit came true.
The coach hung on to has-been great players too long and paid the price.
We have young good players but he kept them on the bench.
Martinez resigned as coach after the game.
It was the right thing to do.
He had 6 years with a unique generation of players and he didn't deliver.

He was so awful today. Anyone else scores with those chances.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
These fucking late games have been crazy good today. Let’s go Ticos!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
These matches are fantastic

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Former allies in WW2 now pitted against each other as Japan knocks Germany out of the WC. Reminiscent of how Germany surrendered first in WW2.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This team is so fucking clueless in the penalty box. It’s a good thing a talented striker like Reyna is sitting on the bench.