⭐️⭐️ For all the Nagy haters ⭐️⭐️

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Putting aside the desperation for a quick score and needing to take a shot, down 23-3 half way through the 4th quarter.

If you needed to get a pass over underneath coverage, in front of your big WR and give him a chance to right off a tight coverage DB over the top... you gonna say this is a bad pass?

Attachments

• wims.jpg
    wims.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 7

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was no shorter route that equates to a 20 yard pickup. You are just making up stupid shit.
Even ARobs route is likely 10-13 yards. Down 23-3 in the 4th quarter you take a fucking shot.
Had he taken a short throw all you dumbshits would be whining and calling him checkdown charlie.
Are you blind or trolling? ARob route is either an incomplete ball or a TD. Nothing else. There was absolutely no safety help. He is bursting past the defender. The short route. the TE was 5 yards deep on the route with the defender a good 3 to 5 yard away from him and didnt have the angle. Literally, Trubs threw to the 3rd longest route on the play. What in the actual fuck is going on?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Putting aside the desperation for a quick score and needing to take a shot, down 23-3 half way through the 4th quarter.

If you needed to get a pass over underneath coverage, in front of your big WR and give him a chance to right off a tight coverage DB over the top... you gonna say this is a bad pass?
Its a great throw while 4 other receivers were open.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Are you blind or trolling? ARob route is either an incomplete ball or a TD. Nothing else. There was absolutely no safety help. He is bursting past the defender. The short route. the TE was 5 yards deep on the route with the defender a good 3 to 5 yard away from him and didnt have the angle. Literally, Trubs threw to the 3rd longest route on the play. What in the actual fuck is going on?

Still not convinced he's talking about the right play.

bufordht

Liked Posts:

Yes, now you're getting it.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Are you stupid. He did not have even have a step on his coverage UNTIL Mitch was winding up to throw to Wims.
At that point the coverage falls off of him. ARob is not some speedy WR. If the ball goes to him there is no way Mitch "leads" him. At best Mitch makes him slow up which is why the WRs don't have a lot of YAC because Mitch can't hit verticals in stride.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Yea being snarky will make your lack of an argument convincing.

I did not intend to come across as snarky. You are just so wrong that I seriously think we may be taking about different plays. Seriously.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I did not intend to come across as snarky. You are just so wrong that I seriously think we may be taking about different plays. Seriously.
So tell me why that's not a good pass in that situation? Clears the under coverage. Is leading the WR. And drops low enough that Wims has the opportunity to make a play on the ball with better position than the DB. What better spot could that throw go? Don't just say wrong tell me why without muddling it with other shit.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
So tell me why that's not a good pass in that situation? Clears the under coverage. Is leading the WR. And drops low enough that Wims has the opportunity to make a play on the ball with better position than the DB. What better spot could that throw go? Don't just say wrong tell me why without muddling it with other shit.

Well he's bracketed. The only one who has a play on the ball is the DB who got a hand on it. He's the only wr double covered. AR was one on one down the sideline. I feel like I'm just stating the obvious here. Regurgitating all the points already made.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Well he's bracketed. The only one who has a play on the ball is the DB who got a hand on it. He's the only wr double covered. AR was one on one down the sideline. I feel like I'm just stating the obvious here. Regurgitating all the points already made.
No, you are completely not answering the question. You are telling me it's a bad decision. I asked why it was a bad throw.
I already told you it was a 1st & 10 4th quarter shot down field down 23-3 decision hoping to make a big strike.
But it's also said it was a bad throw. In fact it was a great throw. And had ARob been running that route is most likely a big shot down the field because ARob fights like a fiend for the ball.

Now try again. Why is it a bad throw?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I didn't do a roster check to properly name the position of the motherfuckers in the Gif so obviously by your moronic logic I must be wrong. LBer, DB, goddamn Shortstop... doesn't matter. He had no play on the ball.

Down 23-3 trying to make a quick strike Mitch took a chance on his first read. It's fucking simple why he threw it.
Someone whose never done it can sit back and criticize and pick it apart all ya want. He was trying to make something happen. The only way he even looks to ARob is IF he passes up the timing of the big play. You fucking have to look off your first read to even know if the others are open. Mitch didn't because he was going for the homerun, like Nagy constantly talks about. The deep ball is 99% of the time the primary read on a 1st & 10. ARob would have been far better in that route because he fights for the pass and wouldn't have let the DB bully him out of it. The route ARob was on he was a secondary read even for maybe a 10 yard pick up down 23-3 in the 4th quarter.

Listen to any fucking presser and you will constantly hear "I gotta put it out there to let the WR make a play on the ball."
If it contestable he will trust his receiver to come out on top. That play was WR vs DB regardless of the underneath DB with no shot. Regardless of the late safety.

ARob also had a deep route and he doesnt have to look at ARob to know he is one on one. Should have figured that out once he saw where the safety was as he is watching Wims.

This is one of Trubs problems. He doesnt know how to read things. Mahomes did this often in the game where he is looking at a WR and then pivots and throws to someone else without even checking om them because he knows from how the primary route is played that the guy he is about to throw to is singled up or uncovered.

There was no shorter route that equates to a 20 yard pickup. You are just making up stupid shit.
Even ARobs route is likely 10-13 yards. Down 23-3 in the 4th quarter you take a fucking shot.
Had he taken a short throw all you dumbshits would be whining and calling him checkdown charlie.

This is also incorrect. Since the S is over the top, Wims is going to get tackled with the catch. By contrast, ARob is one on one and so if Trubs leads him and the DB falls or dives to try and make a play and misses then ARob is running down the sideline for a huge gain.

It is not remotely close to a checkdown. Not sure what play you are watching. ARob is running a deep route about 5 - 7 yards behind Wims because he paused in his route before continuing downfield. I wouldn't be surprisef if the point of the play was to clear out the safety so that ARob has the one on one trailing behind Wims.

Last edited:

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Cuz the wr can't touch the ball
WR can't touch the ball if he gives up on the pass.
And again has nothing to do with the fact the pass was headed right where Wims was going had he faught for it and not let the DB muscle into his route.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I can't believe this argument has gone on for some many pages. It was clearly a terrible read/throw.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
ARob also had a deep route and he doesnt have to look at ARob to know he is one on one. Should have figured that out once he saw where the safety was as he is watching Wims.

This is one of Trubs problems. He doesnt know how to read things. Mahomes did this often in the game where he is looking at a WR and then pivots and throws to someone else without even checking om them because he knows from how the primary route is played that the guy he is about to throw to is singled up or uncovered.
I can dig this take. But you have no idea where the DB is until the ball is 3/4 to Wims. Do you have a view that shows that DB wasn't split to ARobs side and broke at release?