⭐️⭐️ For all the Nagy haters ⭐️⭐️

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I can't believe this argument has gone on for some many pages. It was clearly a terrible read/throw.
It's gone on this long because the only argument ppl have is "It was clearly a terrible read/throw."
So because "you" said so. Therefore it is.

So far Remy has the best counter argument.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Of course if you don't wanna argue then you can ya know stop quoting me and lighting up my notifications.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well he's bracketed. The only one who has a play on the ball is the DB who got a hand on it. He's the only wr double covered. AR was one on one down the sideline. I feel like I'm just stating the obvious here. Regurgitating all the points already made.

Well I would disagree here. The S comes ocer because the ball us thrown to Wims. If he threw to Miller then S would have closed on him too.

Of course the one guy the S could not close on is ARob hence that is where ball should have gone.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Nagy has failed at just about every aspect of coaching this season.

1. Personnel decisions have been poor.

2. Playcalling has been terrible.

3. Team preparation has been garbage as evidence by the Bears always losing after extended layoff.

4. Team discipline is garbage.

You guys get giddy just because he schemes a good play here and there but he is the Mitch Trubisky of coaches. His flashes of brilliance are few and far between.

I can't just give this a like, you nailed it!!!

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Well I would disagree here. The S comes ocer because the ball us thrown to Wims. If he threw to Miller then S would have closed on him too.

Of course the one guy the S could not close on is ARob hence that is where ball should have gone.

Bracketed by the other s and the DB under.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can dig this take. But you have no idea where the DB is until the ball is 3/4 to Wims. Do you have a view that shows that DB wasn't split to ARobs side and broke at release?

No S is playing single high pre-snap basically right in middle of field. This gives impression he is covering entire deep field. At the snap of ball however, the safety moves towards Miller's sideline and sits halfway in-between Miller and Wims basically splitting thier routes and signally he is only covering deep half from the middle to Miller's sideline.

The minute he does that it means ARob is one on one as safety is not playing his side of field. Hence why I said Trubs should know ARob is one on one.

I have gamepass but you should be able to see it on broadcast replay. You see the S breaking towards Miller then stopping half way splitting Miller anf Wims routes. He then has to turn around and head back to deep middle once Trubs throws to Wims.

Out to dinner but can screen shot when I return home.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bracketed by the other s and the DB under.

The S split Miller and Wims routes so if ball was thrown to Miller then S would have it covered as well. See post Mjiton.

Again the S starts as single high in deep middle. Then at snap runs to halfway between Miller and Wims routes. So he has both covered not just Wims. When ball is thrown he basically backtracks to where he came from.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Single high at start of play

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

At this point he has already moved towards Miller and is just sitting and waiting to see who the ball is thrown to. He's got Wimms and Miller covered unless the pass is perfect.

The read now is the DB on top of Wimms. He started out underneath to give a single high look but basically bails into a cover 2. However, because Arob paused on his route and Wims is on top of him, the DB actually bails on covering his deep half and setting up in between Wims and Arob. Instead he commits to Wims in large part because Trubs is looking at him.

At this point Trubs should have realized this is actually single high that transitioned into cover 2. The underneath DBs on Miller and Arob are really just playing trail technique. However, Miller is covered by the deep safety in his half who is in perfect position to cover.

By contrast ARob is going to come open because the DB is playing trail and is going to let ARob get past him expecting the other DB to be covering deep half. Trubs should read though that that DB has already committed to covering Wims because ARob's delayed route makes the DB think Wims is the only deep threat so he bails on the left sidelines to cover the only deep route he thinks exists on his half. In addition because he started underneath he doesnt get as much depth to cover the left deep half which is why Wimms gets on top of him more quickly.

If Trubs had read this properly he should have come off Wims once the DB committed and then lead ARob down the sideline into the natural soft spot in the Cover 2 just as the CB is about to pass ARob off to what he thinks is the deep DB on his half of the field. Instead Trubs throws it into deep middle where both deep guys can converge.

Really no good reason to try and fit this in to where both deep DBs can get to Wimms and when the LB playing the Urlacher role got enough depth to force Trubs to have to throw this deeper. Ball has to go to ARob.

Last edited:

bufordht

Liked Posts:
The S split Miller and Wims routes so if ball was thrown to Miller then S would have it covered as well. See post Mjiton.

Again the S starts as single high in deep middle. Then at snap runs to halfway between Miller and Wims routes. So he has both covered not just Wims. When ball is thrown he basically backtracks to where he came from.

There are 2 safeties. I'm splitting hairs here and we're both saying the ball should've went to AR, but just for clarity I was talking about the S over top of Wims, not the one who starts in single high.

I'm saying he's doubled but S Mathieu on top and CB Fuller underneath who is covering deep middle.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are 2 safeties. I'm splitting hairs here and we're both saying the ball should've went to AR, but just for clarity I was talking about the S over top of Wims, not the one who starts in single high.

I'm saying he's doubled but S Mathieu on top and CB Fuller underneath who is covering deep middle.

Oh fair enough. I guess I would call him bracketed as I think of that moreso in terms of man but we agree that ball should have gone to ARob.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Oh fair enough. I guess I would call him bracketed as I think of that moreso in terms of man but we agree that ball should have gone to ARob.

I'm just happy that we're getting to the bottom of this.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
In the GB game I believe it was 3rd and 16 when he called the WR screen

Yesterday, KC had 3rd and 18...They called a deep crossing play and completed it for a 1st down

There is one of the differences in them vs us
Well aother difference is Mahomes has all night to throw on that slower developing play, on most others, too, aside from a couple of pressures from (only) Mack. Mitch, on the other hand, had DL and blitzers in his face almost immediately all night long!

This was one of the few times he had more than 2 seconds to wait for something to develop.

Not excusing Mitch but the pass pro was dreadful all night long. No wonder he gets an itchy trigger finger and forces it more than is desired.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well aother difference is Mahomes has all night to throw on that slower developing play, on most others, too, aside from a couple of pressures from (only) Mack. Mitch, on the other hand, had DL and blitzers in his face almost immediately all night long!

This was one of the few times he had more than 2 seconds to wait for something to develop.

Not excusing Mitch but the pass pro was dreadful all night long. No wonder he gets an itchy trigger finger and forces it more than is desired.

Mahomes was pressured 17 times on 39 passes and Mitch 15 times on 42.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Mahomes was pressured 17 times on 39 passes and Mitch 15 times on 42.
How do they count pressures. Like if Mitch gets someone in his face in .8 seconds, and Mahomes gets pressure in 3.2, do they count the same? Just curious, the eye test said Mitch had almost no time all night, and I kept yelling at the D “WHERE THE FUCKS THE PRESSURE?”

bufordht

Liked Posts:
How do they count pressures. Like if Mitch gets someone in his face in .8 seconds, and Mahomes gets pressure in 3.2, do they count the same? Just curious, the eye test said Mitch had almost no time all night, and I kept yelling at the D “WHERE THE FUCKS THE PRESSURE?”

I think they're a time limit. Like pressure in under 2.5 seconds is a hurry or something like that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I distinctly recall Mahomes escaping pressure frequently as well. To the point that Collinsworth said that Mack has had a hell of a night but doesnt have much to show for it because Mahomes kept getting rid of the ball just as pressure arrived. If you go to the game threads there is talk of Mack beasting.

A hurry is a play where QB is flushed out of pocket or forced to throw before they intended to. Total pressure is sacks + hits + hurries.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I distinctly recall Mahomes escaping pressure frequently as well. To the point that Collinsworth said that Mack has had a hell of a night but doesnt have much to show for it because Mahomes kept getting rid of the ball just as pressure arrived. If you go to the game threads there is talk of Mack beasting.

A hurry is a play where QB is flushed out of pocket or forced to throw before they intended to. Total pressure is sacks + hits + hurries.
I do remember some of that as well. Of course his walk in TD was technically a pressure as well I think. He ducked out and could’ve moonwalked into the EZ.