????OFFICIAL ?????BEARS vs Bengals Fooodblogthread Oktoberfest edition

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well folks, it's another Sunday, with another Bears game. This game is against Cincinnati, it's Prime September and I am not making Cincinnati chili.

It's literally oktoberfest season baby! For those of u who don't know, Cincinnati is Uber German. Huge pig Town. Lots of Brats and Metz and beer everywhere. So I'm leaning into that at combining some pork and beer to make some truly classic beer hall fare: Schweinshaxe!

Dont gesundheit me bro.

Our pig shanks get to take a bath in some beer (went with the local Revolution brewery seasonal Martzen brew) and some aromatics: carrot, celery, shallot, leek. Toss in a little carroway seed and thyme, plenty of salt and had some leftover smoked rib tip chunks in the freezer so put that in for some smoky flavor.

This is a braise that usually goes all day but I've got a feeling the instant pot will get it done in an hour or less.

20210918_133656.jpg

20210918_134852.jpg

See yall in a little while.

What u cooking for the big footbaw game 2day?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
THANK GOD

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love u @HeHateMe

Going 2 be a bit late now that you're way out in the Stix but I'll be listening on the radio and probably to your house right b4 halvetime.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was going to smoke a brisket, but the damn thing is still frozen, so I will be switching to rainbow trout and a prime ribeye steak. One for lunch the other for dinner. I just haven’t decided yet.

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
Pizza Rolls and Doritos. Not worth wasting time cooking good food for a bad team.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love u @HeHateMe

Going 2 be a bit late now that you're way out in the Stix but I'll be listening on the radio and probably to your house right b4 halvetime.

Change of plans @HeHateMe , got invited to a pizza bar by manager Mike from the bdubs we used to go to before u moved.

Will be dining on tavern style Italian beef pizza. Mozzarella Stix and cold beer as an appetizer.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I am doing smoked salmon and a brined whole chicken.

Does not seem to compare to your dine dining experience you are gonna have up there bro.

Thank you for extending this thread one more week. I don't care what they say about you; you're okay in my book.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
In tribute to history's greatest fake Colonel Sanders, I am having KFC delivered to my lazy ass.

I have seen a few thousand commercials for the new chicken sandwich they have and I have just got to try it already, so will probably hit up Grubhub near halftime. I am thinking about also ordering a side of gravy, so I can invent the KFC French Dip sandwich. Will post results.

Enjoy the eats and enjoy the game, Bear Nation!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Right now I'm eating a bloody mary. I couldn't figure out anything that sounded good, so I'll probably orders wings or something.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just finished toad in the hole with roast potatoes, tenderstem broccoli and garden peas. Obviously drowned that gear in beef gravy too.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just finished toad in the hole with roast potatoes, tenderstem broccoli and garden peas. Obviously drowned that gear in beef gravy too.
I mean, obviously. Lol.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Right now I'm eating a bloody mary. I couldn't figure out anything that sounded good, so I'll probably orders wings or something.

They wanted 18.00 bucks for raw wings at my market today. I couldn't do it. This chicken wing shortage is out of control. Also, please take your bloody mary chatter to the drinking thread.