*** MUST LISTEN ***

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In 7 years, Pace has not drafted or really found a legitimate redzone thread - yup.

Outside of the Fields pick, this offseason was a disaster for Pace when you think of it. Brought back Jimmy Graham who was a decent RZ threat, but he gets like 4 snaps a game. Went in to the season thinking Kindle Vildor was a sufficient plan at CB. AR is as good as gone.

Pace has to go.

Edit: I didn't even mention the OL.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
giphy.gif

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've defended some of Pace's choices in the past as I thought he had brought at least some talent evaluation abilities to the Bears, but honestly IDGAF whether Pace and/or Nagy get the axe or not, so long as Ted Phillips is gone as well. Whether it's due to voluntary departure, firing, or a personal errand to New Guinea, you cannot point to the more than 30 years of franchise ineptitude and not hold Ted Phillips at least partially accountable.

If you're going to hire a fresh, new, GM, then that GM should have control over the team, period.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
In 7 years, Pace has not drafted or really found a legitimate redzone thread - yup.

Outside of the Fields pick, this offseason was a disaster for Pace when you think of it. Brought back Jimmy Graham who was a decent RZ threat, but he gets like 4 snaps a game. Went in to the season thinking Kindle Vildor was a sufficient plan at CB. AR is as good as gone.

Pace has to go.
Yep.

What's scary to me is...if Fields had a good year this wouldn't be getting attention. The fans & media would think Pace redeemed himself by trading up for Fields.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've defended some of Pace's choices in the past as I thought he had brought at least some talent evaluation abilities to the Bears, but honestly IDGAF whether Pace and/or Nagy get the axe or not, so long as Ted Phillips is gone as well. Whether it's due to voluntary departure, firing, or a personal errand to New Guinea, you cannot point to the more than 30 years of franchise ineptitude and not hold Ted Phillips at least partially accountable.

If you're going to hire a fresh, new, GM, then that GM should have control over the team, period.
I don't think most reasonable posters will disagree that Pace has done good things. Just wasn't enough and too little too late.

The whole 'he's great in the later rounds' only gets you so far. Every GM in the league hits on later round picks too. It isn't just exclusive to Pace.

The only first rounder he has hit on is Roquan Smith - and hopefully Justin Fields.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Bears just have to pull the trigger faster when shit isn’t working out. Keep trying until it sticks and don’t wait 7 years when it was obvious after 3.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Kmet would be a good redzone threat if they actually used him inside the 20.

Seriously, why do they take him out for Graham/James? He's the future of the TE on the team and is actually playing well. Give the kid at TD already.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

Seriously, why do they take him out for Graham/James? He's the future of the TE on the team and is actually playing well. Give the kid at TD already.
That comes 2 seasons from now...lol

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's scary to me is...if Fields had a good year this wouldn't be getting attention. The fans & media would think Pace redeemed himself by trading up for Fields.

At this point, even if Fields does not pan out long term, he will still be my hero if his forgettable rookie season ended with getting all of the dipshits above him canned.

That alone would be worth two first round picks IMO.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
At this point, even if Fields does not pan out long term, he will still be my hero if his forgettable rookie season ended with getting all of the dipshits above him canned.

That alone would be worth two first round picks IMO.
I have a hard time thinking there's a worse coach than Nagy, but if there is...the Bears will hire him.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a hard time thinking there's a worse coach than Nagy, but if there is...the Bears will hire him.

Depends on the GM situation. I never got on the Ryan Pace bandwagon, so an upgrade at GM would give me a little hope, but hard to say they don't blow that hire again.

Maybe prioritize experience this time. Pace had very little and so did Nagy...that plan bombed.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Same reason they decided to never give Fields time with the ones in practice or why they never adjust their plays

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Lions coach is pretty damn bad
Yeah, but I just keep thinking...

Trestman was worse than Lovie.

Nagy has been worse than Fox (IMO, when you factor in the talent they had to work with.)

I do not believe the cliché about top coaches tripping over themselves to work with Fields. That's only part of the equation. They still have to work for our mom & pop franchise that's notoriously bad with offensive philosophy and corresponding GM hires.

Again...

With Cutler we got Trestman...a CFL guy...lol.
With Mitch -> Nagy. (At the time no one knew what Mitch would become.)

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yes it will. It’ll give another guy an opportunity. This roster is a fucking mess and you have to start with the guy who created it
Until the culture changes within the organization, we'll get the same results with another guy. It's been that way since the 80's

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but I just keep thinking...

Trestman was worse than Lovie.

Nagy has been worse than Fox (IMO, when you factor in the talent they had to work with.)

I do not believe the cliché about top coaches tripping over themselves to work with Fields. That's only part of the equation. They still have to work for our mom & pop franchise that's notoriously bad with offensive philosophy and corresponding GM hires.

Again...

With Cutler we got Trestman...a CFL guy...lol.
With Mitch -> Nagy. (At the time no one knew what Mitch would become.)
The bears had opportunities to hire top flight candidates during both of those coaching searches and then chose who they chose. They literally let Arians walk because he swore in a "mock press conference."

LOL