#1 pick

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No mention of Del Maestro (sp) either.....

If I have the right guy I saw him on Bedards line with Canada jr's, but he looks like an NHL third or fourth liner.

That said, he looks like a real third or fourth liner and that is a big fucking win.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mentioned him with your response

He seems the real deal to me. Good body, sometimes big guys need a couple years to put it together. He looks good.

I risky pick with that huge upside and so far he has impressed as a future contributer, with a big "or more."

He's the most Seabrook of the guys I've seen.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
If I have the right guy I saw him on Bedards line with Canada jr's, but he looks like an NHL third or fourth liner.

That said, he looks like a real third or fourth liner and that is a big fucking win.
he's a D-man.....he attacks and comes down low and APPEARS to be a Forward. He better make sure someone covers his ass at the Blue Line when he does that. Watch the Jr's game between USA & Canada....watch the highlight when its 2-0 US and Connor scores to make it 2-1....Maestro has the puck near the Blue Line and attacks coming down the side boards, then near the goal line passes to Connor for the score. I would think he will be at training camp....whether he stays or not is the question. But Imo... he'll be up at some point next season.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The question is do we move up from 19.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
The question is do we move up from 19.
Nah.

Unless your taking on a bad contract and getting a gift pick you just stay at 19 in this draft and see who falls. This draft is too damn deep for the Hawks to fuck up the 19 outside of pulling a smartest guy in the room reach.

I say stay at 19 and 35 unless some offer comes along that's too good to pass up. Stramel at 35 would be a steal. Big, fast, high iq third line center projection who's a pain in the ass to play against.

19 I couldn't even begin to project on account of all the talent that will be there and all the mocks are all over the place. Players I like who might be there; Danielson, ASP, Ritchie.....shit, there's alot.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Nah.

Unless your taking on a bad contract and getting a gift pick you just stay at 19 in this draft and see who falls. This draft is too damn deep for the Hawks to fuck up the 19 outside of pulling a smartest guy in the room reach.

I say stay at 19 and 35 unless some offer comes along that's too good to pass up. Stramel at 35 would be a steal. Big, fast, high iq third line center projection who's a pain in the ass to play against.

19 I couldn't even begin to project on account of all the talent that will be there and all the mocks are all over the place. Players I like who might be there; Danielson, ASP, Ritchie.....shit, there's alot.
They aren’t keeping all those draft picks on draft night.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
They aren’t keeping all those draft picks on draft night.
I doubt it.

Chances are they will be looking for more picks in this draft taking on bad contracts to get another pick or two in the first round then throwing the other team a second round bone for their trouble.

You don't accumulate that much draft capital if your not going to clean house and get rid of every Blowman draft pick fuck up still in the system. You can count the actual Kelly smart picks on one hand, everyone else will be shot into the sun.

Until the other GM's get wise to what KD is doing, playing nhl23 in real life and building a stock pile of draft picks while sheltering his actual prospects while making sure there's always somebody young to take over for players looking for a payday, this is probably going to be his blueprint during his tenure.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toward the last two posts, I agree but think they intend to trade up to as many top 25-40 spots as possible.

I will defend my theory as saying one major jump and one lesser jump will involve moving into top 25 again, and top 40 again.

Or a big jump from 23 to top 12. Or both.

They are not just seeking picks but want premium picks and especially from this draft.

Either taking on bad contracts, or trading multiple lesser picks, or veterans for picks or all of above to acquire premium picks as they have seen the limits of the system to hold value in too many picks gets stretched both in roster slots and development attention.

COVID pruned the system and I believe they will seek premium picks over quantity starting with this year or next.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I doubt it.

Chances are they will be looking for more picks in this draft taking on bad contracts to get another pick or two in the first round then throwing the other team a second round bone for their trouble.

You don't accumulate that much draft capital if your not going to clean house and get rid of every Blowman draft pick fuck up still in the system. You can count the actual Kelly smart picks on one hand, everyone else will be shot into the sun.

Until the other GM's get wise to what KD is doing, playing nhl23 in real life and building a stock pile of draft picks while sheltering his actual prospects while making sure there's always somebody young to take over for players looking for a payday, this is probably going to be his blueprint during his tenure.
I hope you're right. I just don't trust this guy....too unproven, too raw. But he's what they're going with so let's hope he's a better GM than he appears to be. The 23 & 24 drafts will define him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope you're right. I just don't trust this guy....too unproven, too raw. But he's what they're going with so let's hope he's a better GM than he appears to be. The 23 & 24 drafts will define him.

The 22 draft looks to be part of his legacy. Why isn't it?

The 23 draft is defined by luck.

Together with 22, the filler he can uncover in 23/24 will define him as a GM.

Bedard needs time to become a dominating pro, and the long term build is the right way. I wouldn't cash a single future chip until the doorstep of his second contract.

My biggest concern is the haul of picks the rebuilding Blues were able to acquire in there own rebuild.

They are going to be all into our timeline and draft days.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
I've read some about the top prospects........I like what I've read about Oliver Moore (C)...like to see him in an Indian Head jersey......... anyone else have an opinion about him?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Well, he lucked into Bedard, which means he's already rated a little better then average by default.

I want to see what he does with all these draft picks he's accumulated then hyped up thru social media. I'm not sold just yet on his 22 draft and while I think Korchinski is a great prospect he didn't do much developing and is nothing special in his own zone after a year where he was a point machine on an extremely stacked Seattle team that could, right now, slap around the shitty Hawks team KD iced this year. It's easy to trade away every single asset you have for draft picks and ice a complete joke of a team.

Still, this is the draft to tank on. Bedard is a non factor, it's a slam dunk pick, what KD needs to accomplish is at least two more nhl talents with this draft that fit into bedards time line.

I've said all along it remains to be seen if KD knows how to build a cup contender. It's all on him with the deepest draft since 2003. If he fucks this up he needs to be shot into the sun.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I've read some about the top prospects........I like what I've read about Oliver Moore (C)...like to see him in an Indian Head jersey......... anyone else have an opinion about him?
Love him.

Won't be there at 19

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Love him.

Won't be there at 19
Maybe a trade up........too many 2nd Rd picks to stay at 19 imo.......19, a 2nd & a 3rd might move us up.......or 19 & 2 2nds......that would still leave BHs with 2 2nds.......I'm leaning towards quality OVER quantity. As I'm sure you all know, the BHs have tons of picks in the next 2 drafts too...they can afford to trade up.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Love him.

Won't be there at 19

That's awesome bro! I think it's great you can be open about loving another man. And 19 is legal so you aren't a creepy pedo either. Happy gay month!