10-6 and in the play offs..?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Is this record possible for the team in 2017? What do you think needs to be done, realistically, for the team to get to this record? Does the QB selected this year make a difference?

If not... what record do you predict?

It's possible but my prediction is still 1-15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If they beef up the D - which means at the very least a Safety or CB high in this draft - and get some people back, the D will be much improved.

That is great.

But the defense is not really the issue. The Bears cannot score points. The Bears couldn't score points and they lost their best WR and have another mediocre schmuck at QB.

They also play in a pretty darn good division where even the Vikings can out defense then with a schmuck QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The defense will be better.

The offense will be the same or a little worst.

The coaching will still suck.

How that leads to 7 more wins someone needs to explain to me.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To personally answer my own question... I think the Bears poor record this year was a combo of bad QB play and injuries to most of the teams major players. I think 8-8 is possible if Glnnon has a decent season. 10-6 is only possible if he has a decent season and the bears concentrated on defense in the draft this year.

Is it possible to draft a QB and still concentrate on defense? Or are you only allowed to draft defense?

Madden

Liked Posts:
The homer in me says 9-7 and playoffs, but realistically probably 6-10. A lot rides on Glennon and injuries - not just to us, but to the teams we play. I wouldn't be surprised if we went 10-6 or 3-13. It can go either way really. Depth should be better this year to help replace the inevitable season ending injuries that will pop up. I just hope it's not as ridiculous as last year.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Is it possible to draft a QB and still concentrate on defense? Or are you only allowed to draft defense?

I would want to see the team go defense at #3 and drft Kizer or Peterman later. I'm just not sold on Watson as many are......... but if the team goes that route (drafting Watson)... then I really dont see much of an improvement in the record 6-10 or 7-9.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would want to see the team go defense at #3 and drft Kizer or Peterman later. I'm just not sold on Watson as many are......... but if the team goes that route (drafting Watson)... then I really dont see much of an improvement in the record 6-10 or 7-9.

I didn't ask who you want the bears to draft. That wasn't the question. The question was, is it possible to concentrate on D and still draft a QB? Or does taking a QB mean you aren't concentrating on D anymore?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

iffybiz

Liked Posts:

So you are on record as saying that taking a defensive player in round one means 3-4 more wins vs taking a QB?
I personally don't see a player in this draft that could pull that off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if Glennon looks unbelievably bad on the Bears, and they sport an even worse record than 2016 by the end,

does Cutler get offered a job? Does that change the narrative of Cutler if we just totally suck?

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
tenor.gif

So am I being trolled?

10-6???

Playoffs??

WTF are you hopeless meatballs thinking about in that Walmart employee break room.

Not only will we fail to get 8 wins this yr almost certainly, but I don't think 10 wins is a reasonable goal for next yr, unless we somehow catch lightening in a bottle ala dem Cowboys in this draft or next yr's.

Lets be bad this yr, and then we can just stockpile more talent and hopefully get Rosen or someone who actually looks like an NFL QB in college. I mean there are what, 4 of them a decade now coming out of the NCAA?

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So if Glennon looks unbelievably bad on the Bears, and they sport an even worse record than 2016 by the end,

does Cutler get offered a job? Does that change the narrative of Cutler if we just totally suck?

No on both points.

Cutler has gone - he's not coming back under any scenario. Anyone wanting that to happen really has no love for the Bears (even if he proves to have been better than Glennon) because a young prospect offers far more upside than the return of an ex veteran player - especially one who didn't have the support of the fanbase in Chicago. It would be spectacularly misguided (and would never happen).

If Glennon sucks then most I assume are hoping that we have the future QB on the books - whether that's Watson/Trubisky/Kizer or even a Peterman/Dobbs. If we don't, then Glennon stays and we suck for the top QB pick in 2018.

As for Cutlers legacy - it is what it is and nothing will change that. If you thought he was under appreciated then that seems fine, if you thought he underachieved then I think that's fine too. He's gone now, so better to leave that debate behind and focus on supporting the new guy and hoping he is the answer or, at worst, he is holding the spot for the next great hope.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's imposible to predict accurately what will happen this season as there are simply far too many intangibles at the moment - we could just as easily go 0-16 as 11-5

QB - has never taken a snap in a Bears uniform. How that situation evolves will go a long way to determining how competitive we can be this season
The draft - massive upgrade of the secondary or a swing for a future franchise QB - has massive implications for the season
K White/H Grasu - do they come back and contribute or are they busts
Can J Howard sustain the form/impact now that teams are more prepared
The state of divisional rivals - the Viks could easily boom or bust. Rodgers could be missing Olivia and suck. The Lions could be the Lions of old or be an emerging force

Also last season - we lost how many games by a touchdown or more? Without checking I seem to remember a lot of close games where we could just as easily have won - was 3-13 a fair reflection of the talent on and off the field - I'm not sure.

I don't expect the playoffs this year, but If honest, I have absolutely no clue how we will look this season and won't until we see how we draft, how we bring players back and how the team gells during preseason. Anyone who feels they can predict our record at this time is simply kidding themselves.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

stallan54

Liked Posts:
The defense will be better.

The offense will be the same or a little worst.

The coaching will still suck.

How that leads to 7 more wins someone needs to explain to me.

Ok, I get how you wake up mad every day, but how on earth do you predict a worse offense? Howard in Year 2 and improved weaknesses. Faster and experienced receiver depth, and Long coming back to OL with a second year Whitehair. Mix in some production from White.

Washington

Liked Posts:
he won't get a fair shake in this town......

unless he is in the top 10 in QBs in the league the Bears should keep looking with significant resource investment.

Change Unless to Even above.