10-6 and in the play offs..?

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Is this record possible for the team in 2017? What do you think needs to be done, realistically, for the team to get to this record? Does the QB selected this year make a difference?

If not... what record do you predict?

Liked Posts:
Is this record possible for the team in 2017? What do you think needs to be done, realistically, for the team to get to this record? Does the QB selected this year make a difference?

If not... what record do you predict?

I think the GB, Minnesota, and Detroit team planes have to go down in an explosion.

The Bears are going 3-13 or 4-12 next year, regardless of who is selected at QB.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When-Someone-Says-Enjoy-Getting-Up-Early-Getting-Stuff-Done-Before-Real-Day-Starts.gif

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think that would be on the high end. Usually you look at adding 2 wins in an offseason.

The Bears had a ton of injuries last season and statistically played much closer to a 6 win team.

So I think you could easily get to 8 wins. Personally I put them at 7 and maybe 8 wins if Glennon plays well.

10-6 would not be totally out of the question but that would be the very high end of improvement.

Despite the haters I see the Bears fielding a much more competitive team next season. We have closed a lot of significant holes on the roster the last 2 seasons.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think 8-8 if healthy.. if healthy and very lucky I guess10 wins is possible.. maybe like a 20% chance??

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
To personally answer my own question... I think the Bears poor record this year was a combo of bad QB play and injuries to most of the teams major players. I think 8-8 is possible if Glnnon has a decent season. 10-6 is only possible if he has a decent season and the bears concentrated on defense in the draft this year.

Liked Posts:
Exactly what holes have the Bears filled this offseason?

Where are the impact players? We signed warm bodies, yes, but I don't see a fresh-faced difference maker on the team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Where are the impact players? We signed warm bodies, yes, but I don't see a fresh-faced difference maker on the team.

The depth if the team is much better. Warm bodies that know the system is better than literally signing guys off the street late in the season because you can't field a team.

Our secondary is much much better and I think QB and WR will be better overall as AJ was good and unreliable and we had little depth.

stallan54

Liked Posts:
I'm making my prediction 10-6 assuming we have an unprecedented year of staying somewhat healthy and winning the ATL game gets us into playoffs. This is also assuming Glennon plays the full season as a "show me" showcase and creates good chemistry with K. White assuming HE stays healthy and is as productive as advertised coming out of WV. Also predicting a big year for our front 7 and an improvement to the OL from last year's respectable year. Bears 10-6

Atlanta: W (I'm in the negative percentile here, but I'm going out on a limb thinking that if the Bears go 10-6 we start with a big upset)
TB: W (Glennon revenge game)
Pitt: L
GB: W (We win in Lambeau)
Minny: W
Balt: W
Car: L
NO: W
GB: L
Det: L
Philly: W
SF: W
Cincy: L
Det: W
Browns: W
Minny: L

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I don't think 10-6 is possible to be honest. I know the strength of schedule can look different in hindsight but we have some really tough opponents and we are worse than most of them. I see the ceiling as 8-8 if two or three of the FAs play really well and the draft class works out.

In terms of this season, what obviously gives us the best chance of an 8-8 type season is not taking a QB anywhere in this draft. If we took Adams for example, I would feel like our secondary is no longer a liability and with good QB play and a bit more luck with injuries and a stellar draft through rounds 2-4, .500 might be achievable.

I would argue that going 8-8 and not taking a QB at 3 would be detrimental to our long term development as a franchise but it would be great for the young roster to have some confidence to build from. Just it leaves us in a complete no mans land at QB. We'd be picking in the 12-18 range and the good-great QBs everyone is banging on about would be gone.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Playoffs?!

Wow pass me some of whatever you are smoking.

We'll be lucky to win 6 games this year

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:

most of the holes will be filled by healthy bodies... on D how many games were played with the full front seven playing?

As far as impact players... it depends on what happens in the draft. If they draft a Adams, Hooker or Thomas at #3 they are all very likely impact players.... and a quality starter could be had with the second pick too...... just depends....

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I think the GB, Minnesota, and Detroit team planes have to go down in an explosion.

Even then I think we would finish last in the division. We are a team with potential but we need a secondary, another pass rusher, a legit WR1...oh, and a franchise QB. Can you really see us winning a super bowl with Mike Glennon?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you see my earlier post on the Schedule Release thread? http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/87306-2017-Chicago-Bears-Schedule?p=2752517#post2752517

Sept. 10: Falcons L
Sept. 17 @ Bucs W
Sept. 24 Steelers W
Seprt. 28 @ Packers (Thursday) L
Oct. 9 Vikings (Monday) close L
Oct. 15 @ Ravens W
Oct. 22 Panthers close - L
Oct. 29 @ Saints W
Nov. 5. Bye
Nov. 12 Packers close W
Nov. 19 Lions W
Nov. 26 @ Eagles L
Dec. 3 49ers W
Dec. 10 @ Bengals W
Dec. 16 @ Lions (Saturday) W
Dec. 24 Browns W
Dec. 31 @ Vikings L

Adds up to an unbelievable ceiling of 10-6 but I'll conservatively predict 8-8. The last 5 don't seem ridiculous if Bears O is dialed in & Howard & Glennon are still healthy by then.

Laugh now & feel free to bookmark this and tease me if I'm wrong. I don't mind.

Several swing games of course, but even a split with MIN & GB, and positive swing of 2 Ws > DET gives 10-6. Totally subjective, but not in crazytown - unless one's a Negative Nancy, of which there are MANY on here with burnt chaps - understandable given this team's history.

------------------------------

Nobody ever responds to my question of how Dallas went from a 4 win team to 13-3 last season? -->How'd they pull +9 win swing - yet we're batshit crazy for thinking a 5-7 win is even possible??

It can't all be Dak & Elliot. I don't recall them having nearly the injuries in 2015 as Bears historically did.

laputan

Liked Posts:
Say we're 40:60 dogs in every game,

That still gives us a 6% chance of 10 or more wins.

So I would say there's a chance.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Right now we are a QB, a top receiving target, a FS and CB away from being able to reliably predict a playoff run. But that doesn't mean it is impossible.

Fully healthy we are a 50-50 team. The NFL is riddled with teams in the same situation, I'd say half the teams in the league are line that. We could go anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5, it just depends on staying healthy, executing our game plan, and getting a bit of luck.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
We have a pretty good front 7. Improved CB and safety(which will be addressed in draft as well). So overall D was decent last year and will be better this year.

QB is a question mark. Rb is solid. Oline is ok. Wr is a question mark too. Definite potential for better offensive season.

The main thing that will play a role in this season is injuries. It's just a big question mark. If we stay healthy and offense clicks there's no reason why we can't make playoffs. But that goes for every single team in the NFL.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Too early to predict record for me. Haven't drafted yet, haven't had rookie mini camp, training camp, etc.

Washington

Liked Posts:
We are easily the worst team in our division. We will have injuries. That is a fact of life in the NFL. Expect us to play 3 QBs because we do every year. We lack playmakers, especially in the secondary and at WR. Our "depth" consists of backup level players that will be starting who are just a tad better than the backup level players who started last year.

I feel that if all the stars align, we get good QB play, and we still relatively healthy, we could see 7 wins max.