10 reasons why 6-8 wins is the FLOOR.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I need to call the doc, because this boner is DEFINITELY lasting over 4 hours. For now.

* I love TC / pre-season optimism. Just waiting for the inevitable disappointment that will settle in around week 5, and the apathy around week 10. Then we'll do it all over again! Sigh.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure this sounds like sunshine & rainbows, by comparison to the terrible expectations of the masses, but
I'm legit trying to make valid points here. There's just so many that go back to Nagy atrociously handcuffing the team.

NOT saying they will be contenders, but 9 or 10 wins with that schedule and all I pointed out seems reasonably possible. As they say, things are never as good as they seem or as bad as they seem. Full dose of the later, while the good is very much TBD. At least now there's a chance in hell.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm sure this sounds like sunshine & rainbows, by comparison to the terrible expectations of the masses, but
I'm legit trying to make valid points here. There's just so many that go back to Nagy being atrociously handcuffing the team.

NOT saying they will be contenders, but 9 or 10 wins with that schedule and all I pointed out seems reasonably possible. As they say, things are never as good as they seem or as bad as they seem. Full dose of the later, while the good is very much TBD. At least now there's a chance in hell.
The schedule is a legit reason. The HITS principle is not lol

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Found another of Nagy's records.
2021 Nagy 12.21 record.png

How much of this falls on terrible coaching &/or a roster in need of rebuild? Same shit, different game from bald visor. Thankfully one of his last.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You think turnovers aren't one of THE most important factors in predicting wins?

^ There's dozens of statistical research articles on the subject. Lovie made it his principle for years. How'd that work out for his defenses?
Win turnover battle = 70% predictor of winning the game.

Nagy drug out a plastic bucket that disappeared after they never took the ball away & it became another trash can.
Flus is driving takeaways into the D and ball security into the O like it's as important as oxygen and water.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If Fields doesn’t break out and becomes a bust, the Bears absolutely could be worse than last year. Also, remember that unproven players compared with prior bad players seems like an improvement. But they have to prove that on the field. Same goes for coaches. In 2018, we would have thought Nagy must be an improvement over Fox. Turns out that wasn’t true.

I would be making the same post the other way for anyone saying the Bears are going to suck. Unproven players and coaches can be good and past failures don’t predict the future with new players or a QB who could vastly improve from his rookie year.

The Bears honestly are one of the most unpredictable teams in the NFL this year. My guess is anywhere from 4 to 9 wins but I could even see something outside that either way.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If they're slightly better than the shitbags on their schedule.......8-9 wins is a possibility......with the caveat that they're still not a good team; just better than a bunch of teams drafting in the top 8

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
@Starion seems like a hater to me.

I think the Bears are going undefeated. Why?

Strength of schedule. No Nagy. Look at last years record. HITS Principle. Accountability.

I'm tired of all of you negative nancies out there. The Bears will set all sorts of records this year. Because of the schedule. And No Nagy. And Accountability. And HITS.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
giphy.gif

With the number one pick of the 2023 NFL draft, the Chicago Bears select, Wide Receiver.....

Bust

Liked Posts:
With the number one pick of the 2023 NFL draft, the Chicago Bears select, Wide Receiver.....

Lots of stud wr's in the nfl taken round 2 . . .

Besides the consensus #1 is . . . hmmmm

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lots of stud wr's in the nfl taken round 2 . . .

Besides the consensus #1 is . . . hmmmm
I mentioned in another thread that we should sign some FA vets for the OLine and obviously take WR with our 1st pick next off-season, WRs are way to expensive and we need to be sure to lock up Fields if he's the man.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Schedule isn't really either. First off, going off last seasons SOS in football has very rarely been useful. Second off, the Bears are probably the worst team on most of their opponents schedules, so they are saying the same thing.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'll stick my neck out. Save it for posterity.

I do think with everything, the Bears will go 6-11 with a 3-3 record in the north. But I also think that's because of something you didn't mention - growing pains.

You got a second year QB learning a brand new offense, a whole new TEAM learning a brand new offense and defense, and I think that is going to lead to a lot of sloppiness and execution mistakes.

However, I do expect when they look good, they look damn good, and the team to really start to gel come the last 4 games of the season.

The thing is, we don't know what they really have, good or bad, but I expect we will be able to know by the end of this season, which makes the whole thing a crapshoot.

The only thing that can change this, is if the defense gels first and starts getting turnovers. If that happens, all bets, and my predictions, are off.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
@Starion seems like a hater to me.

I think the Bears are going undefeated. Why?

Strength of schedule. No Nagy. Look at last years record. HITS Principle. Accountability.

I'm tired of all of you negative nancies out there. The Bears will set all sorts of records this year. Because of the schedule. And No Nagy. And Accountability. And HITS.
Super Bears=Super Bowls

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Schedule isn't really either. First off, going off last seasons SOS in football has very rarely been useful. Second off, the Bears are probably the worst team on most of their opponents schedules, so they are saying the same thing.

Was going to ask myself—how many opponents’ fans are looking at the bears on the schedule this year and are saying: ‘easy dub.’ (Even @nc0gnet0 is)

The other part I don’t get is how it’s Nagy’s fault for blocking the way it was when they had 2 of the best OL coaches of the past generation. I guess Harry Heistand and Juan Castillo spent 4 years looking pretty and twiddling their thumbs, collecting a check.

I look forward to Nagy being gone equating to a 5th round rookie from Division 2 at LT trying to block Nick Bosa week 1. Because Nagy is gone, everything will be better and he’ll automatically lock down a top pass rusher in the league, because he won’t be hindered by a bad/stubborn coach, and talent doesn’t matter, scheme does.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I just remember when the schedule was released I remember thinking there was more 'winnable' games than the previous year

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll stick my neck out.
Stopped reading there because of anatomical lies. #DoBetter!
Agree. Fans of all of those teams are looking at the Bears and saying thats a winnable game. I find it really odd how 6-8 games is the floor. Thats assuming they beat all the teams they questionably should beat, which is maybe 5. Fans just assume that their team is the only one that improved in the off-season.

Just really not a good OP overall tbh. People have had more than enough legitimate reasoning to suggest why this will be a near the bottom of the league team. To say that they havent seen anything legit is willful ignorance, CCSs newest favorite poster trait.

We take what we know about these players on the roster and the coaches, then we project how they work together to win games. Their QB hasn't proven he's legit. Their bad OL lost their best two lineman. Their projected starter at C is currently injured. Their former #1 receiver who at the very least demanded attention is gone and now thats on Mooney. Their offensive supporting cast from top to bottom isn't good. They are installing new systems on both sides. They have a first time HC and OC. They have one legit edge rusher who you never know what you're going to get from him. They are paper thin across the board.

Realistically the pessimistic crowd has the edge here. Just saying Nagy over and over and over isn't legit. Their offense will be better with him gone, no doubt. But enough for a 6-8 win floor? Doesn't seem legit.