10 reasons why 6-8 wins is the FLOOR.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
ahhh yes, say something dumb that makes you look like a total hypocrite and then claim sarcasm. And this isnt a real playoff team and it hasnt been since 2018. Enough of this biased Pace jock sniffing.

Its only negative if i want to fire someone who had 7 years to prove his worth. You get to it after 1 season because you're putting on this bs front that this team is way more talented than it really is.

Fraud.
You simply do not have a brain..which is why I continue to think you post and act like a high schooler with a keyboard.

I think the Bears will win 8-9 games
I think the Bears will push for a WC spot
I believe in this team, it's players, and even it's staff so much that I don't see a possibility of them winning less than 6 games.
Anytime23v > you're so negative!

And yes, I do believe winning only 5 or less should lead to questions over Eberflus job security...but it was the scenario of it ever happening that was sarcasm. That's why I even said it in the first place. There is 0% chance of that happening.

And you are too dumb to comprehend about what I meant about offering positive stances. It doesn't mean that you can't ever say anything negative. It means though that if you constantly do it, you should offer some positive solutions to balance it out..otherwise you come across as a constant whiner.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
You simply do not have a brain..which is why I continue to think you post and act like a high schooler with a keyboard.

I believe in this team, it's players, and even it's staff so much that I don't see a possibility of them winning less than 6 games.

And yes, I do believe winning only 5 or less should lead to questions over Eberflus job security...but it was the scenario of it ever happening that was sarcasm. That's why I even said it in the first place. There is 0% chance of that happening.

And you are too dumb to comprehend about what I meant about offering positive stances. It doesn't mean that you can't ever say anything negative. It means though that if you constantly do it, you should offer some positive solutions to balance it out..otherwise you come across as a constant whiner.
You are projecting because you literally do not have a working brain CC @VickAshley✅️verified

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Apparently everyone was because with every given example, you kept disqualifying it and moving the goal posts in a meltdown that everyone got to see. I'm sorry I was right about Pace and make you look like an idiot. Continue to pretend like you've supported this regime, while you now overinflate your predictions only for them to inevitably deserve firing when they dont meet them.

Fraud.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Apparently everyone was because with every given example, you kept disqualifying it and moving the goal posts in a meltdown that everyone got to see. I'm sorry I was right about Pace and make you look like an idiot. Continue to pretend like you've supported this regime, while you now overinflate your predictions only for them to inevitably deserve firing when they dont meet them.

Fraud.
In general, since the draft, I've supported this staff. Not a fan of the immediate decision to hire DC coach and to make our big splash signing on defense in FA. So from the limited decision made up until before the draft I was frustrated with the decisions made. Still some perturb me, like letting Arob go..

But Admittingly, a big part of it also was my short sightedness and unwillingness to admit everything is being set up for 2023. Instead of trying to build a 10-12 win team in 2022,Poles is settling for a 7-9 win team and making us great for the future.

As much as you think I'm setting up to complain about this current regime, that's simply not the case. As long as everyone is patient and can get to next offseason without hoing crazy, there won't really be any room to complain with the free agent haul we will be able to bring in next offseason.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In general, since the draft, I've supported this staff. Not a fan of the immediate decision to hire DC coach and to make our big splash signing on defense in FA. So from the limited decision made up until before the draft I was frustrated with the decisions made. Still some perturb me, like letting Arob go..

But Admittingly, a big part of it also was my short sightedness and unwillingness to admit everything is being set up for 2023. Instead of trying to build a 10-12 win team in 2022,Poles is settling for a 7-9 win team and making us great for the future.

As much as you think I'm setting up to complain about this current regime, that's simply not the case. As long as everyone is patient and can get to next offseason without hoing crazy, there won't really be any room to complain with the free agent haul we will be able to bring in next offseason.
Arob wasn’t let go. He wasn’t under contract and there’s no way he was coming back here regardless of who was in that building. You think Fields wanted him back anyways after he spent the whole season phoning it in?

You being unwilling to admit something? NOOOOO. That’s not the vagbears I know. This wasn’t going to be a 12 win team.

Ummm so we’re just forgetting you said Fire the staff if they don’t win 6 games? Oh yeah that’s right, it was “sarcasm”.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Arob wasn’t let go. He wasn’t under contract and there’s no way he was coming back here regardless of who was in that building. You think Fields wanted him back anyways after he spent the whole season phoning it in?

You being unwilling to admit something? NOOOOO. That’s not the vagbears I know. This wasn’t going to be a 12 win team.

Ummm so we’re just forgetting you said Fire the staff if they don’t win 6 games? Oh yeah that’s right, it was “sarcasm”.
When Poles became GM, Arob was still under contract and could have been extended. He could have made a better offer than the Rams and still be WR1.

Fields never had time to develop any relationship with Arob. They didnt get a true offseason to work with each other and build any sort of comnection. Dalton was deemed QB1 and the starting job was a QB carousel for most the year. But at the end of the day ARob has a proven track record and he performs well. He is going to have a great year with the Rams and the same could have been said here.

Ok sure, Fire the staff if they dont win 6 games....not sure why you are stuck on this and don't get it...it doesn't matter. Not going to happen. It's like the Lions winning the superbowl...not going to happen...but sure put Dan Campbell in the Hall of Fame if they do.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When Poles became GM, Arob was still under contract and could have been extended. He could have made a better offer than the Rams and still be WR1.

Fields never had time to develop any relationship with Arob. They didnt get a true offseason to work with each other and build any sort of comnection. Dalton was deemed QB1 and the starting job was a QB carousel for most the year. But at the end of the day ARob has a proven track record and he performs well. He is going to have a great year with the Rams and the same could have been said here.

Ok sure, Fire the staff if they dont win 6 games....not sure why you are stuck on this and don't get it...it doesn't matter. Not going to happen. It's like the Lions winning the superbowl...not going to happen...but sure put Dan Campbell in the Hall of Fame if they do.
Was Arob under contract for the '22 season? Maybe he could have made a better offer but again, does the starting QB of the Chicago Bears want a guy who did nothing to gain his favor since the day he was drafted? Arob was never coming back. Never. Nagy burnt that bridge so no one could cross it.

Arob was the only player on offense to not show up to minicamp. You're making excuses. You dont need a connection to do your assignments.

There's nothing to get. You flat out said that the coaching staff should be fired if they dont win 6 games.

Keep spinning, buddy.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was going to ask myself—how many opponents’ fans are looking at the bears on the schedule this year and are saying: ‘easy dub.’ (Even @nc0gnet0 is)

The other part I don’t get is how it’s Nagy’s fault for blocking the way it was when they had 2 of the best OL coaches of the past generation. I guess Harry Heistand and Juan Castillo spent 4 years looking pretty and twiddling their thumbs, collecting a check.

I look forward to Nagy being gone equating to a 5th round rookie from Division 2 at LT trying to block Nick Bosa week 1. Because Nagy is gone, everything will be better and he’ll automatically lock down a top pass rusher in the league, because he won’t be hindered by a bad/stubborn coach, and talent doesn’t matter, scheme does.
1. They should be expecting Bears to not improve that much. Most teams don't from year to year. It takes drastic changes, which I believe I've outlined are in play for a Bears upswing.
2. Harry & Juan did not bring in the "no-step" technique. That was Nagy telling them to do it with his KC background, and only KC background, despite these guys being highly regarded and so much more experienced than Nagy.
3. Not sure quite what you're getting at with this last statement, but I don't see that as an accurate metaphor. Nagy did by this definition, leave his sub-average Tackles 1:1 vs the likes of Jadeveon Clowney and Miles Garrett with zero help in Fields' first game. When he kept getting pressured and sacked, he made zero halftime adjustments. . Very much a coaching/scheme issue there. I make no claims of better coaching leading to subpar talent becoming lock down OL. That's unreasonable. Chip & help those dudes and yes, the O has a little more of a snowball's chance.

Solid post. But IDK what the heck you're talking about here. The Bears literally alternated home and away EVERY game last season. It was one of the only times in NFL history that has ever happened.
Thanks for this. ? I was mistaken and was a year off. I'll edit that one in OP and come up with another reason ?? Again, I wrote that entire OP all at once while on a bit of a rant, so I appreciate the fact checking, grammar callouts, etc. as deserved.

I like the post. But every fan base thinks a new coach will fix it. I don’t see the signs
The point of the OP was to be less of what I "think", but more based on actual factors at play. Undeniably, my opinion is shining through, but that's common in sports articles, yeah? Your post of an ATL fan is very typical. "Me thinks...my team will be better". Offers no factual changes or reasons why.

I've not had so many reasons for optimism like this since before the 2018 season marked the culmination of Pace's rebuild, and I made similar posts (and wagers) then, netting me some pretty nice cash on great odds. Even Nagy in all his BS wasn't able to F that season up enough to allow that D to play lights out and get massively favorable turnovers with short enough fields to win. Everything was fresh and the players hadn't yet turned on him. They also had a very easy SOS that year too.

To those who disagree, feel free to bookmark this to crow me if I'm wrong. No worries. It'd be great if you could offer reasons why however, and not just make a baseless claim and expect to cash in because you're a nihilistic Eeyore who lucks into further rainclouds. I do agree that if Fields goes down, it'll be a lost season. He's the lynchpin for sure. Roster is not good enough to do much without him yet. ?⬇

Last edited:

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
1. They should be expecting Bears to not improve that much. Most teams don't from year to year. It takes drastic changes, which I believe I've outlined are in play for a Bears upswing.
2. Harry & Juan did not bring in the "no-step" technique. That was Nagy telling them to do it with his KC background, and only KC background, despite these guys being highly regarded and so much more experienced than Nagy.
3. Not sure quite what you're getting at with this last statement, but I don't see that as an accurate metaphor. Nagy did by this definition, leave his sub-average Tackles 1:1 vs the likes of Jadeveon Clowney and Miles Garrett with zero help in Fields' first game. When he kept getting pressured and sacked, he made zero halftime adjustments. . Very much a coaching/scheme issue there. I make no claims of better coaching leading to subpar talent becoming lock down OL. That's unreasonable. Chip & help those dudes and yes, the O has a little more of a snowball's chance.

1). An upswing is yet to be seen as games have yet to be played. Insinuate me ‘half empty’ all you’d like, but I don’t believe bad teams deserve any benefit of the doubt when they’re starting year 1 of a rebuild.

2). They didn’t bring the ‘no step’ because that’s not Andy Reid’s offense or whatever Matt Nagy was trying to run. There’s more than 1 way to skin a cat in terms of blocking schemes to have a successful run game, including what we thought we’d be getting in Andy Reid’s scheme. Nagy/Lazor COULD show it, but often didn’t.

3). I watched Nagy get Fields killed in the browns game and I don’t know what point you’re trying to make.

Cole Kmet played 935 snaps (84% of bears total offensive plays not including ST where he played 121 plays) last year and of those snaps, 395 of them he ran routes (numbers per pro football reference and playerprofiler). Which means he run/pass blocked for 540 snaps, and we know Nagy liked to abandon the run, you but you want to cherry pick the exception to the rule in 1 game where Nagy didn’t help the tackles in 1 on 1’s for a lot of the game where of Kmet’s 540 plays not running a route/he’s blocking doesn’t fit that narrative.

I think it’s disingenuous to say ‘he didn’t help tackles/left them in 1 on 1’s’ when data says otherwise. Give credit to Lazor if you must, which is partly true—even though Nagy ran 12 man sets/2 TE’s frequently weeks 1-3 leading up to the browns debacle.

I’m not defending Nagy—he got himself fired, but the data doesn’t fit the lazy narrative where you put it all on Nagy and are acting like this is all magically wiped away now he’s gone when in reality, you can only put so much on the HC.

Execution matters, and you don’t mention that anywhere in your ‘10 reasons.’ Instead you bring up roster turnover like that’s an argument in positivity’s favor.

But I get it, some rather argue with their heart/gut instead of their brain. I miss being able to do that. Nagy left a bad taste in everybody’s mouth and we’re still in Der Flus’ honeymoon phase.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
1). An upswing is yet to be seen as games have yet to be played. Insinuate me ‘half empty’ all you’d like, but I don’t believe bad teams deserve any benefit of the doubt when they’re starting year 1 of a rebuild.

2). They didn’t bring the ‘no step’ because that’s not Andy Reid’s offense or whatever Matt Nagy was trying to run. There’s more than 1 way to skin a cat in terms of blocking schemes to have a successful run game, including what we thought we’d be getting in Andy Reid’s scheme. Nagy/Lazor COULD show it, but often didn’t.

3). I watched Nagy get Fields killed in the browns game and I don’t know what point you’re trying to make.

Cole Kmet played 935 snaps (84% of bears total offensive plays not including ST where he played 121 plays) last year and of those snaps, 395 of them he ran routes (numbers per pro football reference and playerprofiler). Which means he run/pass blocked for 540 snaps, and we know Nagy liked to abandon the run, you but you want to cherry pick the exception to the rule in 1 game where Nagy didn’t help the tackles in 1 on 1’s for a lot of the game where of Kmet’s 540 plays not running a route/he’s blocking doesn’t fit that narrative.

I think it’s disingenuous to say ‘he didn’t help tackles/left them in 1 on 1’s’ when data says otherwise. Give credit to Lazor if you must, which is partly true—even though Nagy ran 12 man sets/2 TE’s frequently weeks 1-3 leading up to the browns debacle.

I’m not defending Nagy—he got himself fired, but the data doesn’t fit the lazy narrative where you put it all on Nagy and are acting like this is all magically wiped away now he’s gone when in reality, you can only put so much on the HC.

Execution matters, and you don’t mention that anywhere in your ‘10 reasons.’ Instead you bring up roster turnover like that’s an argument in positivity’s favor.

But I get it, some rather argue with their heart/gut instead of their brain. I miss being able to do that. Nagy left a bad taste in everybody’s mouth and we’re still in Der Flus’ honeymoon phase.
Wow. A lot of words for little to no actual content. Have you thought of applying to write for ccs?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Wow. A lot of words for little to no actual content. Have you thought of applying to write for ccs?
My sincerest apologies, oh visionless. How rude of me to not consider your feelings.

Truth is, I just didn’t feel like dumbing it down to a 2nd grade reading level so you could comprehend better.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
My sincerest apologies, oh visionless. How rude of me to not consider your feelings.

Truth is, I just didn’t feel like dumbing it down to a 2nd grade reading level so you could comprehend better.
You didn’t even answer his points. Lol

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

C'mon guys, let's not devolve into another Internet argument. I appreciate Z's well written response.

1) 100% agree that everything is yet TBD and proven for better or worse/remain crappy. There's more than ample cautious optimism and "I'll wait til I see it". I totally understand. As Bears fans we've been let down repeatedly for decades. We're certainly snake-bitten.

2) I recall reading about the no-step a few years ago and hearing about it on some podcasts that actually went deeper into the OL. Unfortunately I've been unable to find any content online or references to that since. Perhaps I'm somehow now totally wrong and they got away from that!? You're saying KC did not use the "no-step" at all, or only sometimes & not a staple of their OL in general? If not, that makes a bit more sense on how they were able to still have a good team. I'll admit to not being an OL expert and very much welcome input on this topic. At face value, I distinctly recall being surprised Nagy would put his low-talent OL in such a disadvantageous position literally on their first step. This has stayed with me throughout his shitty tenure. Again, I welcome input on this; you seem to know more.

3) The CLE game is clearly the absolute worst example of Nagy's negligence. I didn't intend to say he left them 1:1 the entire season. Maybe I should go back & reword it to be more clear. I do believe other coaches drove it home that blocking help was needed after CLE, but his overall scheme was still terrible. The point is how oblivious and arrogant to not adjust at halftime, or seeming ever on an in-game momentary basis. He even said "they took ____ away", and offered nothing in response, as if that somehow makes it acceptable to accept what the other team beats you with. I'm not sure how that equates to a lazy narrative. The guy was horrid as a head coach (& self-appointed OC) in so many facets. It seems we might just disagree to the extent of his part in the team's failures. That's fine. ?

Contrary to popular belief, while Nagy did pull Monty after big runs and prevented momentum as a bell-cow while neglecting him on 3rd/4th & short, goal line, etc; Monty actually got more carries & overall volume than many think. He just wasn't as productive and was hit early and often behind the LOS. There is data to support this. The lack of pass threat hurt him too. WR separation was terrible overall. This is very much a scheme and issue as I outlined in the misuse of the speedy guys doing tons of curls & hooks.

Did I fail to clarify my take that change for the sake of change does not imply improvement WILL happen? I intended to give examples where change should help vs. known bad. IE...It's pretty clear there was some serious talent lacking in the DBs last year for example. Every report, direct observation, vid clip, and player/coach quote (which should be taken with grain of salt) are very highly praising Brisker & Gordon. In this instance, yes, change does appear to be improvement over backup talent of last season. I'm not sure how that doesn't make sense, unless I'm cherry-picking a major component of the defense which directly led to several losses & is the whole point to expect better now?

Also 100% agree that execution matters!!! and thought I covered that well - that Nagy didn't hold his guys accountable, actually refused to watch game tape as a team following loses. I also coulda/shoulda thrown in some stats about # of penalties & yards from his teams to support the lack of execution vs. those of Eberflus's units. That'd be a good narrative-free analysis which I welcome!

Heart yes, I admit that, but don't accuse me of no brain. C'mon man. I think we probably agree more than not.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First, please vote your expectations on my Google Forms here: ---->View attachment 21417

5 questions on what you expect from the Bears in 2022.

^ Type your CCS name in the last entry AND type your predictions to share yours
for later crow serving one way of the other. It won't record it otherwise. Simply typing your name doesn't really do anything ?

===============================================================

So; we keep seeing a constant flow of articles, interview quips, posts, media consensus, and "hot-takes", etc. about just exactly how bad the Bears will be this year, often at 5 wins or less.

I'm really not seeing any legit reasons why, aside from "they sucked last year", and at best, a cautious "I'll believe it when I see it", which is 100% warranted!! If you look into it just a bit, the pessimism is really uninformed and missing the bigger picture. Just off the cuff I came up with the following...

10 Reasons why the Bears will be BETTER in 2022 and 6-8 wins is the FLOOR:

1) Strength of Schedule: 9th hardest in '21. Now tied for 8th easiest. I know, I know, there's only a few games and % points difference, and that there's always variance....which if you believe that last one, read on & tell me the Bears aren't primed for some variance...
Bears play 5 games against 4 of the worst 5 teams last year (DET x2). If this were Millionaire with Regis, Bears would be doing well with so many of the lowest value cases:
View attachment 21398 View attachment 21399

2) Nagy factor & last year's record despite his BS: This cannot be understated, but is drastically undervalued just how much his arrogant ignorance hurt the team previously (more on this below). Yet they still won 6 games and were a few horseshit ref calls/no-calls/ a blown last second coverage away from 8 wins last year w/ 2 more shoulda/coulda/woulda wins:
2a) vs PIT: https://fansided.com/2021/11/16/nfl-admits-bears-robbed-win-steelers/ (yeah, yeah, call me whiner...NFL literally admitted this)
(and)
2b) vs BAL: Blew a 13-9 lead with 30 seconds left. Shake your head & facepalm to this Also several of no-call blatant shots to the head of Fields in this game that stalled drives.
2c) runner up bonus beef: vs GB - supposed media professional breakdowns showed the play while chastising Fields for this apparently shitty throw. All they had to do was look before the snap and see 2 Packers offsides, one very obviously so. This is still on Fields to be damned sure the flag was thrown, but he did what a good QB does...exactly what Aaron Rodgers does all the time when he gets defenses to jump, to the jollies of Joe Buck's cuckholding ass. But I digress. It goes both ways. Can't say Fields sucks when the truth of the play is should be obvious:

View attachment 21395
https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2021/10/17/officials-miss-offside-by-packers-leading-to-justin-fields-interception/

3) You don't think the additions of Brisker & Gordan will prevent such dumbass busted coverage plays like what cost a W vs BAL above? okay then. Or perhaps better coverage will allow the front 4 to get after some QBs?

4) Eberflus actually holding players accountable. So many players mentally and physically checked out and gave dogshit effort last year. This matters. See Allen Robinson loafing, not blocking, or doing anything. Eddie Jackson will be tackling for real or riding pine & facing ridicule in front of his teammates now.
4a) Nagy had players telling him they wanted the team to watch film after a loss, to hold themselves accountable. Nagy patently refused and just wanted to "move on" without correcting any mistakes or calling out lazy / shit play. He also blew off end of season review meetings with his top players. It's truly unbelievable how he could be a HC of anything. These are things that even 0.500 high school coaches ALL do! Blind and dumb is no way to go through life son, or an NFL season.

Yet that's exactly what was needed. Eberflus is doing this to the Nth degree now.

5) Nagy couldn't/wouldn't make adjustments.
5a) Historic proof of his complete inability to correct at halftime, or rather ANY time:
View attachment 21407

5b) Did we all forget the 9-sack CLE game last year?!? The one with ONE NET PASSING YARD TOTAL for the whole game!!??? When asked why he didn't start chipping with TEs & RBs (like every other logical team), he said "that wasn't what we (YOU - not we) had in our plan". Nothing more.
Miles Garrett was quoted laughing afterward at "how easy they (Nagy) made it for him and his 4.5 sack day". Can't blame Bears OL alone here, but more on that OTW.
View attachment 21408

5c) Tampa was also criminal negligence and abuse with both more turnovers and as many Evans TDs as Bears had total points (3), again with Nagy refusing to adjust, protect, call roll-outs, bootlegs, anything! I was there and got nothing but love for my signs & Nagy Bagy. I brought extras and they went FAST! Made it onto the Bucs website too. My point is that things were THIS bad, and they still won 6, nearly 8 games...
View attachment 21396 View attachment 21397
Also had a sign of "Eddie Jackson Please Tackle"

5 a-c) in summary: Yes, Nagy broke many many records for offensive inefficiency and suck: with each of Mitch, his guy Foles, his guy Dalton, and top recruit breaking intelligence tests 4.43 Fields. How it took 4 years to figure out Nagy's incompetence is crazy, yet we still have so many underestimating the addition by subtraction of this fool. Still expecting that top 5 draft pick next spring? No worry, read on...

5) Bonus #5: Getsy > Nagy:
5d) Actually designing and calling plays to Field's strengths vs. Nagy's stubborn idiocy forcing him into timing based Dalton hooks & curls at a historic frequency...while also completely negating that last years WRs were some of the fastest in the league. The ONLY advantage the WRs might've had was speed, and Nagy made them stop and turn for the ball, despite being short and fast as hell. Nagy buried them b/c he couldn't/wouldn't adapt.
5b) How'd 4.42 Cordarelle Patterson do in ATL after being misused in CHI BTW? Getsy now has a similar guy to design for in Velus Jones, who's actually faster at 4.31.

5e) actually giving Fields more than ZERO preseason snaps with the 1s. Ya think that contributed to Fields being behind the 8 ball last year? ?‍♂️ A timing based offense and zero practice. Perhaps just maybe Fields isn't as bad as projected? No way he's not some level of improved this season, can we agree on that?

5f) Getsy knows more than 1 recycled KC rigid scheme that won't work without KC talent. That alone makes him night & day better for this offense.

6) More than HALF of last year's roster (58%) 52 of the current 90 are new in 2022. Think that automatically = being as shitty or shittier? No. They're unproven. Unknown to be good/great/shit, but not known bad, like last year, or returning guys guaranteed bad also/again like so many are assuming for some reason? Point is known bad is being cleared out for potential & hungry guys wanting to make a name for themselves...and for once, some guys with Cs on their helmets will play with HEART!!

These no-name guys will go full speed, balls to the wall, and have nothing to lose, and...
View attachment 21404

6a) OL is replacing 3-4 of last year's starters who were KNOWN bad with visible poor technique, strength, and effort. At least the few vets coming in are known serviceable which is a step up. Mustipher gone = another win on the schedule IMHO. Dude was terrible and consistently giving up pressure. Sorry Olin. Watch some tape. Liabilities are being removed but nobody expects any better than the previous OL with Nagy peeing in their Cheerios, just like the fast WRs...

7) OL technique of Nagy's is gone. Nobody talks about this!, but Nagy's "clever" KC foolery forced the OL to NOT step forward at the snap. He didn't want the D to read that first step as a run or pass, so they had to just stay neutral or step back every snap. Think that doesn't effectively castrate a lineman's ability to build up steam and set a base to protect or get after it on a run block? This worked in KC because they had the OL talent to overcome this...until they suffered OL injuries and had backups in the Superbowl...how'd that work out for the great Pat Mahommes even!?? And how they hell was a far lesser Mitch or an untrained Fields supposed to have a chance in hell?? Bears had subpar talent at best, and made them WORSE with this ignoramous "no-step" technique. Again, the media doesn't ever mention this. Easier to blame the QB, the WRs, even the OL - who deserved a ton of heat, but not ALL. Nagy made each position worse. He went through OL coaches because they couldn't squeeze blood from a fat turnip with subpar talent and this technique restriction.

7) Packers are not bulletproof. 100% they are the favorites until dethroned. The Bears you all think are returning at equal shittiniess despite all the above were beating GB at halftime. last year! Until, well...see above as Nagy's halftime (in)abilities did what they do. #offensivepoison
Even then, Fields got them back to within 1 score in the 4th. Then defense failed again.
7a) Cheeseheads managed to win 5 games last year by 3 points or less.
7b) GB also lost 1 close game and
7c) were absolutely throttled by NO of all teams week1.

8) Eberflus inherited a 30th ranked defense in Indy and had them playing as the 10th best unit in his first season. Further, he's on record as saying his Bears have more talent than that Indy roster. Even if you think he's fluffing, the man has done it before. Done more than what's expected now, and did it with less. Results await in CHI, but are there in Eber's previous work. (if you care to look or admit it)

9) Lucky Scheduling:
9a) Bears play San Fran week 1 before Trey Lance can really settle in and find his mid-season rhythm. You could say the same for Fields, but he played 10 games last year. San Fran is a favorite to make the playoffs in NFC. A week 1 win over them could be huge.
9b) *edited/removed* I was wrong about home/away back n forth all year.
9c) Bears have ALL of their non-primetime games at 12noon CT. Consistency goes a long way. No flights to Europe for a jetlaggin' either...
9d) Bears also travel the 5th LEAST miles of all 32 teams with 8932 total for 17 games. Check GB & MIN at more than double with over 18k.
View attachment 21409
source: Here's how far each NFL team will travel in 2022: Steelers get huge advantage, Buccaneers face brutal slate

10) H.I.T.S. vs "Be You" & never "finding the whys". I know I already hit on Flus > Nagy, but this is a specific point beyond Xs/Os, and a reasonable expectations of accountability.
Hustle
Intensity
Taking the ball & Taking care of the ball
Smart play

Eberflus hasn't had one game yet at HC and is already bringing the whys, while drilling them in hard at every meeting and practice snap. Players are quoted as respecting and responding to it. Be a Negative Nancy and call it "rah rah" all you want, but every business, team, project, must have a clear plan.

HITS philosophy is more than coach speak. Eddie Jackson & Jaylen Johnson are on record as liking it now after admitting their initial eyerolling early on. JJ was demoted initially, while Jenkins nearly ran from it to the point of killing his career. Now they're on board and earned their roles back. Tevon might still be angry, but he's playing. Eber holds no grudges or hate on 1st year players which is refreshing.

Nagy clearly did not have plan (and openly admitted he didn't know the answers or identity), and again, what??...he still won damn near 8 games last season. Last year's team had NONE of these principles in play, aside from a handful of independent hard-workers like Mooney and Monty.

So yeah, I invested in the season overs. Heavily. For those of you expecting the under...

Let's hear some counterpoints and valid reasons why the naysayers are more than just snake-bitten & why the (more than half NEW) Bears roster & all new coaches will be equally bad or worse despite the above. I really just don't get why or how that makes sense.

Or yeah, go listen to Keshawn Johnson claiming 1 win for Bears with zero reasoning behind his camera hype fodder. To each their own.

If you've made it this far, you are indeed a true Bears fan. I'm sure there's still some typos in here that I'm often intolerant of, but this was a big ass post, I'm tired, and did it for free. Pay me & I'll add the hours to clean it up to publication quality and prune my rambling thoughts, overuse of ellipses, & Nagy venting (no. that stays). Apologies. There's simply SO many reasons why he poisoned our team DOWN to 6 wins. You now have 10 reasons to look up. ?⬇
Do you still think we reach the floor?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Maybe next time, put the paint canister down and refrain from huffing deeply prior to letting us all know what you're thinking.

You might get taken seriously for a change.

It’s amazing to me so many seem to be negating the Nagy factor.
Hey, visionless. Tell us how the Nagy factor is affecting this team's ability to get to the floor of 6-8 wins again.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never seen so much sunshine blown up so many butt holes. It'll be funny to revisit this thread in December.
YOU MEAN November, this thread completely shows how stupid the homers on this board are

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you still think we reach the floor?
I expected this, and unlike others I ADMIT when I'm wrong.

Many of my reasons above are/were still apt. I'll dive into those later, when I have time but a few things at play here...ALL of which are anti-Bears Ws. Sorry in advance if I don't perfectly address my initial post here. Just spit-firing off the top of my head on season to date...

Just like gambling (I literally bet on 7 & 8 wins, even a limp into WC at awesome odds), there are always outside factors. For example, I understood that an injury to Fields could kill the year entirely. I also expected shitty WR production, but damn, the 1st down drops on game-tying/winning drives have been many!! Also several TD drops, deep bombs run a hair too slowly...hell, even Mooney admitted fault this week.

The biggest being that every single loss but one have been EXTREMELY CLOSE!!!

so close that any ONE of 3-5 weekly plays/calls don't go south = Bears wins:

*1) Special teams gaff / TD given up in at least 5 losses: 2 muffed punt TDs gift-wrapped, blocked punt TD, missed extra point, etc. Valus Jones, as explosive as he can be, single-mis-handedly cost the team 2 wins. I didn't expect that from a 25 y/o who excelled in kick returns.

*2) Refs. Some of you think whining b/c losing. No. There's been multiple plays nearly every game that NFL reviewed after Bears submitted tape and NFL ADMITTED were shit calls, hurting the Bears. It's beyond a comic tragedy at this point. Fields can't get the most obvious of roughing the passer calls (mostly of slides), while they clip Bears for touching Mariotta's ankle less than a step after the ball comes out. Pass Interference is repeatedly wrong on both sides off the ball (again, NFL admits it each week "sorry"). It's a whole separate topic with dozens of threads. It's hard to win 1-scores games when opponents get free first downs, and Bears drives are stifled with penalties. Again, I expect shit calls, but it's a new level this season.

3) ? Would they have shipped Roquan & Quinn if they were in contention, having won just 3 of these 7 fringe games and offense taking off at that point? We'll never know. Good moves for cap & draft picks since they were out of it though. Can't say these 2 players would've = another win or 2. Quinn better than Roquan IMHO. Ro's over-pursuits lead to tons of missed high arm tackles, often in the backfield. Quinn at least provided some pressure, even without sack #s. I digress...other threads on these guys. We vary on how much, but losing them hurt to some extent. It was a rebuild year, but I still believe Bears brass intended to at least put up a good fight this season & see where the chips fell before selling off to this extent. Proof I'm right IMO is they would've/should've sold Quinn pre-season for higher value but held him.

4) I really didn't expect Fields & Getsy to start off so cold & conservative! I hoped for some semblance of the Fields' upside offense we've seen lately, and was counting on it. Nobody expected Bears O to lead the league in rushing & scoring; much less vs. some pretty good defenses (NE, DAL, etc). I was right to expect good things eventually, but they've even surpassed expectations with limited resources.

5) Mustipher - Injuries happen, but I woulda pulled all expectations had I known he'd be starting basically the whole year. OMG. His missed block also led to Whitehair getting rolled up on & missing a lot of time. I hoped they'd use Whitehair as backup C over Musty, but Sam sucks at G too. Might've also slowed Field's development / trust. Snowball effect. Lucas Patrick is at least startable and knew the O from day 1. I actually believe the run game would be better yet without Musty.

6) Opponents / Schedule - Early gaffs really hurt them in very winnable games vs shitty teams. They needed some weeks to figure the O out, and while I banked on early winnable opponents while ironing that out, they squandered the opportunities in unimaginable ways (above). Now that O is firing off like crazy, they're barely losing to the good teams too. We all expected LOSSES to SF, GB, DAL, MIN even. It was stacked to at least take Ws vs half of these shit teams: HOU, WASH, DET, ATL, (NYG are better than expected). They still beat SF & NE even; and were in all others but GB til the end.

*While variance can/should be expected, Bears such a fringe team, they're really rolling snake-eyes each week (#1&2) and it's repeatedly costing them the W every. single. time.

Sad to eat crow & loss some $, but hoping for good draft pick and continued development at this point!

What's funny is I did a similar post prior to the 2018 season predicting strong Defense to carry them to wins on a weak schedule and actually got flamed after I brought it up later, after having won a lot on similar long-odds bets. Despite the team winning, the negative minded still couldn't accept cause & effect logic when it panned out. Whatever. Interesting stuff to ponder for sure.

?⬇