100 catches for 1200 yards

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
It’s gonna be 125 passes for 1,723 yards after the Packers game. And we will still lose!

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How do we make room for an AROB contract..

Is it a combo of Graham, Hicks, and Skrine getting cut?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
serious question: what kind of numbers would he have in an offense that wasn’t completely dysfunctional for 75% of the season?

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's getting 19-20M p/year here or anywhere else.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I continue to be torn on ARob. He is not a dynamic gamebreaking WR that is a true deep threat.

His 2.3 average yards of separation is in the lowest 10th percentile for active receivers, lower than many tight ends.

Yet, he continues to be one of the best route runners and possession type WRs in the business, always finding that little bit of room and separation. And you just cannot argue with the production. He also has great chemistry with Mitch.

He deserves very good, but not great WR money. No more no less.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
How do we make room for an AROB contract..

Is it a combo of Graham, Hicks, and Skrine getting cut?

Skrine will get cut for sure.....we have vildor shelley Johnson we are set at CB..... extend Fuller so we lower cap hit next year .... extend Hicks 2-3 years and lower his cap hit next year ... cut Massie.... draft OT in first or second round .... restructure EJax and/or Mack.... sign Trubs to extension where cap hit is low next year ....
possibly cut graham if needed

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I personally think it will be easier fir Arob to stay now that offense is actually putting up points. A few weeks ago he was on social media chatting up about going on other teams

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
That could work.

Just cutting Graham and Hicks gives you 17.5 million, but Hicks would be a rough cut as literally everyone loves him.

I think it's inevitable, unfortunately. I do think he's reaching the end though.

I think the use the tag on Arob and extend Mitch. Cuts/cap casualties on defense are gonna happen most likely

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I continue to be torn on ARob. He is not a dynamic gamebreaking WR that is a true deep threat.

His 2.3 average yards of separation is in the lowest 10th percentile for active receivers, lower than many tight ends.

Yet, he continues to be one of the best route runners and possession type WRs in the business, always finding that little bit of room and separation. And you just cannot argue with the production. He also has great chemistry with Mitch.

He deserves very good, but not great WR money. No more no less.
That’s why I say offer him a decent salary but not top 5 receiver salary. If he likes it, great. If he doesn’t, thanks for you play here with the Bears.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the use the tag on Arob and extend Mitch. Cuts/cap casualties on defense are gonna happen most likely

Hicks is really the only big defensive contract you can easily rid yourself of for next season. It's after 2021 that the purge can really begin.

The tag for ARob seems like a solution no one likes. Maybe the transition tag, but I say extend him or let him go. Trubisky may be the better tag canidate, but that's gonna be like $35 million tied up just between him & Foles.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hicks is really the only big defensive contract you can easily rid yourself of for next season. It's after 2021 that the purge can really begin.

The tag for ARob seems like a solution no one likes. Maybe the transition tag, but I say extend him or let him go. Trubisky may be the better tag canidate, but that's gonna be like $35 million tied up just between him & Foles.
Yep - they can restructure a few contracts, I think Fuller is the only one that will free up significant $. I would hate it if the bears use the FT on Mitch, if that's the case then just let him go and let Arob go and start rebuilding.