12/9/21 vs Canadians

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
They played the Canadian national team yesterday?

The Olympics aren't until February and why would Fleury play against his own country?

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
If the Hawks are actually going full grindy McGrindy they sure as shit better work on their defense.

The only reason Flower got the shut out is because the Habs are terrible. A Kane like with Borgstrom at center needs bumpers at the blue line to stop them from crossing.

If this team can get to 500 I’d be shocked. There’s just too much filler

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
And another thing, why trade for a mediocre goon when the hawks have somebody in Rockford who puts the fear of god into players in Osipov?

One step forward, four steps back

Granada

Liked Posts:
And another thing, why trade for a mediocre goon when the hawks have somebody in Rockford who puts the fear of god into players in Osipov?

One step forward, four steps back
Wow, didn't even hear about this. Can't say I'm surprised, the Hawks love their "enforcers." Wonder if the Trouba hit had anything to do with this trade. It's kind of hard to be mad at this, all it cost was Krys. Gabriel is no joke, he's taken on some big boys. I guess I'm fine with it. I know many will disagree, but I do like having a guy like this on the team who can at least answer the bell, with anyone, when it's needed.

Osipov is adequate in this department, but then again, it's always best to waste a 4th line forward spot on a player like this, as opposed to a D-man spot.

Savard18

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Hawks are actually going full grindy McGrindy they sure as shit better work on their defense.

The only reason Flower got the shut out is because the Habs are terrible. A Kane like with Borgstrom at center needs bumpers at the blue line to stop them from crossing.

If this team can get to 500 I’d be shocked. There’s just too much filler
I agree this game was horrible to watch, sure the hawks had chances but it was 29 vs 31 offenses out there. All I know is thank gosh I never spent at least 200-225 on upper bowl seats to see that live.

Hawks are in my backyard on Sat @ toronto and NO i will not plunk at minimum 150.00cdn each for SRO. Last time those two played each other TOR won by OT but since TO has gone on a run, they will miss some key guys but still it shouldnt be a close one. But like most hawks games this year hawks will at least face the Backup goalie. So like the saying "SO you say there's a Chance!"

As for someone posting about Mitchell in some other post, I think he's been good so far, I m a little puzzled why Caleb Jones is a healthy scratch most nights now. Hawks have to many stay at home D, need to get the younger Jones in there to get him experience and move the puck. Your paying Calvin deHaan and Mc Cabe same amount of money for the same guy then they pair mc Cabe with Murphy which is basically the same aswell. SMH now supposedly you get a tough guy dman?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If a flower grows in the woods but no one has the streaming service to see it, does it really happen?

Hiyo, congrat to him and the team. Loved seeing them hold the shutout on this monumental occasion.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Congrats to Marc Andre Fleury on 500 wins!

Great team game and shutout!

Toews scores his first of the season from a great shot pass from Jones.

The playoffs are still a long shot
A powerplay goal no less, correct?

Granada

Liked Posts:
That was pretty awesome how the Montreal crowd starting chanting "Fleury" at the end of the game. That's pretty unheard of on away ice, especially in Montreal of all places. Great moment, some Habs players even stayed on the ice for a stick-tap after the final horn and until Fleury skated off the ice after celebrating with his teammates. Awesome all around.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was pretty awesome how the Montreal crowd starting chanting "Fleury" at the end of the game. That's pretty unheard of on away ice, especially in Montreal of all places. Great moment, some Habs players even stayed on the ice for a stick-tap after the final horn and until Fleury skated off the ice after celebrating with his teammates. Awesome all around.

Yeah, that was very cool indeed.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It was great to be at the game last night to see MAF win his 500th and witness JT get that monkey of his back. Some bright spots in relation to those 2, but MTL is a bad team and the Hawks certainly did look all that much better.
Yes they won a a win is a win, but overall it wasn't that great.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Montreal respect there own, there fans are fickle and rude at the highest level but when it comes to achievements they will applaud you on your accomplishments such as MAF's. They love there French athletes.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was great to be at the game last night to see MAF win his 500th and witness JT get that monkey of his back. Some bright spots in relation to those 2, but MTL is a bad team and the Hawks certainly did look all that much better.
When playing against teams like NYI, Montreal, Arizona or any other team that is scoring challenged....the Hawks look OK. But they have now scored 2 goals or less in regulation in 20 out of 26 games. That's a lot of pressure to put on your 36 year old HOF goalie when the D is mediocre at best.

Best part of being in Montreal for the game was not having to listen to the Blackhawk home call of the game.....these guys are crawling up DeHaan's ass. I swear they think the Hawk fanbase are all carrying white canes.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Glad you got to see it all live. But yeah, that game had a really weird pace to it. The lack of forechecking seemed to screw up the normal flow.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Glad you got to see it all live. But yeah, that game had a really weird pace to it. The lack of forechecking seemed to screw up the normal flow.
I think personally MTL has mailed it in already plus they were missing so many players to injury, I am hoping we see a good game versus the Leafs tonight, we know its always fun to watch Kane and Mathews go at each other, some good entertainment there.