13 reasons the Bears should draft a quarterback at No. 3

napo55

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, I think the Bears are going to go with Glennon and give him several years to fail. . I see an average QB at best-- who lacks mobility and has no special attributes.

And, of course, each succeeding year, the clueless Bear management will say, wait until next year when the QB class is MUCH better!

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I think picking from this years group and praying the one we end up with has to be a franchise QB because this is the year we are picking 3rd is a horrible plan. That's wishful thinking.

So none of the top 2-3 QB's this year could be good? If that's what you think I can see why you wouldn't want a one. I don't see it as wishful thinking at all though, we have a few QBs with a 1st round grade, we have a 1st round pick, simple. It's not Brady or bust here, we just need a good QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, I think the Bears are going to go with Glennon and give him several years to fail. . I see an average QB at best-- who lacks mobility and has no special attributes.

And, of course, each succeeding year, the clueless Bear management will say, wait until next year when the QB class is MUCH better!

Then Pace should be fired before the draft.

Jesus we just got done with a mediocre QB who couldn't raise the team.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You have my guarantee that 4 will be an elite superstar.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

So none of the top 2-3 QB's this year could be good? If that's what you think I can see why you wouldn't want a one. I don't see it as wishful thinking at all though, we have a few QBs with a 1st round grade, we have a 1st round pick, simple. It's not Brady or bust here, we just need a good QB.

Okay I hear ya, good is good. I'm hoping for more with the 3rd pick, I need bearmick style elite guarantees.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fun Fact:

2 out of the last 4 QB's the Bears have drafted in the 1st round have brought us to the Super Bowl.

I'm for taking a QB early but this sort of reasoning is cart before the horse. Taking one early isn't the solution, having QBs worth the slot is. I think that's the ongoing debate.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Then Pace should be fired before the draft.

Jesus we just got done with a mediocre QB who couldn't raise the team.

Maybe that is all you need ... if the Bears take a shot, it will only cost 1 first round pick unlike the multiple picks it cost us for Cutler.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm for taking a QB early but this sort of reasoning is cart before the horse. Taking one early isn't the solution, having QBs worth the slot is. I think that's the ongoing debate.

That wasn't reasoning. That was a fun fact.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
He is correct.

You have to take a swing.

Taking a swing at mediocre veterans and mid round picks is a waste of fucking time.

What if you are swinging at players with Mid-Round value in the first round? Is that a waste of time?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm not a big fan of this QB class, but I tend to agree that assuming that we will be able to get to one of the QBs next year is not wise.

I tend to think that the plan is that Glennon is this years investment, so I think they will not take one at 3, but if they do then there is enough logic, assuming the #1 QB on their board is still available.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Draft a QB. Draft 2 DBs. Draft another QB. Not that fucking hard.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Take the safety, finish fixing your defense take a second or third round QB and if you suck this year swing for the fences next year with a trade up if needed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
Take the safety, finish fixing your defense take a second or third round QB and if you suck this year swing for the fences next year with a trade up if needed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Careful, the QB or bust crowd may come for you in the middle of the night.