172 days

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
That is the amount of time we have between today's loss to the Eagles and the 2nd day of the draft when we hopefully draft a QB with a top 40 pick and a tackle half an hour later.

At 3-3 I knew it was over but could at least think about evaluating some of the developing players behind the starters: Bars, Coward, Bush, DL rotation, Tolliver, maybe even Denmark gets a few snaps? Two weeks later and the level of suck on the field has me questioning whether I can watch another snap of Bears football in 2019.

So I'm looking for something, anything, to look at between now and then that will have the slightest impact on this team. Any thoughts because I'm drawing a blank? Hard to imagine any scenario where Nagy and Pace get fired - can you imagine the size of the balls on Pace to fire Nagy when his handpicked QB and OL is stinking the place up to this extent? What are you guys paying attention to, if anything?

The only thing I can some up with is a Post Apocalypse Mock Offseason from @WindyCity, which I would find pretty cathartic right now.

One of the benefits about living at the bottom of the world (I am three times closer to the South Pole than Chicago) is that there may not be a single Bears fan within 500 miles of where I live, so I can just pretend the NFL doesn't exist for six months.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Just enjoy watching competent teams until then. My joy of watching football has returned when I have no dog in the fight.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears I think had an easy set of teams last year. GB and Minny on down years. Just not the Bears time and the cap and the lack of impact from the draft hurts. Like the other guy said, watch other teams... why I didn't feel bad Jewel switched me to work today, missed the whole first half.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Yeah, maybe it's time to switch back to the anyone but Packers/Patriots mindset and enjoy some football. I've not really watched much so far.

I feel bad for the beat reporters that have had one good season and have to make up content for the next six months!

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
The Bears I think had an easy set of teams last year. GB and Minny on down years. Just not the Bears time and the cap and the lack of impact from the draft hurts. Like the other guy said, watch other teams... why I didn't feel bad Jewel switched me to work today, missed the whole first half.

It's true, the schedule was really easy last year. I wonder if we can suck enough to finish below the Lions?

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's true, the schedule was really easy last year. I wonder if we can suck enough to finish below the Lions?
It really depends... I'm starting to buy into it's the play calling and they are going against what made Tribs a QB in the first place... I'm really starting to wonder why we traded up for this guy... sadly no matter how many good moves or bad moves you make, you can't predict the future. You are betting on yourself to be smarter than 31 other people. Problem is. Only one of you wins... 31 of you will lose every year. Some play well enough to stay in the game, some get pushed aside, and other shuffled around.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
It really depends... I'm starting to buy into it's the play calling and they are going against what made Tribs a QB in the first place... I'm really starting to wonder why we traded up for this guy... sadly no matter how many good moves or bad moves you make, you can't predict the future. You are betting on yourself to be smarter than 31 other people. Problem is. Only one of you wins... 31 of you will lose every year. Some play well enough to stay in the game, some get pushed aside, and other shuffled around.

I'm not sure about that. Pace had a 66.7% chance of picking a top 10 QB.

I wonder at what point the fanbase stops trying to map out who is to blame for the offense being this bad and just accepts that regardless of scheme, OL, terrible TE play and a tougher schedule, Trubisky is not the long-term future of the franchise.

If we need to see another 8 games where he throws for 150 yards, 50% comp, 0 TDs to be able to wipe the slate clean and reach a consensus then so be it. If that's what it takes for Pace to accept what is in front of him, also fine with that.

Guess my question is, what the hell else is there? Do we start to pull guys like Prince and see what we have behind them? And if so, when?