19 Year Old Dies After Being Struck In The Head With A Puck During Game.

Diehardfan

My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I played years without a helmet. Sometimes, it's just your time to go. Doesn't make it any less sad though.

Biscuit

Yes very sad, especially for a teenager like Timur who was basically just starting life as an adult. RIP

OT......I remember when Keith Magnuson was playing for the Hawks, a friend told me that he sat in a chair while someone shot pucks at him. Supposedly it was to help build up his toughness. Hard to believe, but if there’s an element of truth there, it sounds pretty risky.

blackpep72

Yes very sad, especially for a teenager like Timur who was basically just starting life as an adult. RIP

OT......I remember when Keith Magnuson was playing for the Hawks, a friend told me that he sat in a chair while someone shot pucks at him. Supposedly it was to help build up his toughness. Hard to believe, but if there’s an element of truth there, it sounds pretty risky.
Sounds stupid to me. Probably not true.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator

I met him years ago at a Schaumburg Maggiano's Blackhawks charity dinner. Great guy.
I wish I knew to ask him about that one. Even if not true, I'm sure he would have got a good laugh out of it.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Didn't Happy Gilmore do something similar at the batting cages?

Biscuit

I met him years ago at a Schaumburg Maggiano's Blackhawks charity dinner. Great guy.
I wish I knew to ask him about that one. Even if not true, I'm sure he would have got a good laugh out of it.

I could see it happening, if he had proper protection. Maybe he found Denis DeJordy’s old goalie equipment in a closet somewhere, and used that.

Anyway RIP Keith

DaHawkz24

Very sad. Most on that list died of totally unrelated things though. Very few were hockey related.

I saw the list and realize most of it isn't related to hockey, but there were still 6 in the last 20 years directly related to hockey plus a few heart conditions during games.

blackpep72

I saw the list and realize most of it isn't related to hockey, but there were still 6 in the last 20 years directly related to hockey plus a few heart conditions during games.
Look at football. ( soccer ) lots of heart related deaths with young players.