1PM Conference call with George

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Phillips not mentioned. Could this be it !?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
"We've hired Trace Armstrong as team president. He will immediately begin a search for our new general manager."
I'll take it. IDC, at least he knows football.

Luke

Liked Posts:
"We've hired Trace Armstrong as team president. He will immediately begin a search for our new general manager."

something like this!
just hire an astute NFL mind to hire the GM.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Ted is not present this would be a huge step in the right direction. If he is by George's side then nothings going to change.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Ted is not present this would be a huge step in the right direction. If he is by George's side then nothings going to change.
In the past, as far as I can remember the year end press conference was ALWAYS him and George. This is a good sign that they are finally doing this the right way. If they move George and get a real football guy in there! holy chit.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I feel like all of this is tied into the Bears eventually selling the team.

Organizational restructure, stadium deal, etc. They are getting everything in a row and willing to do things they were previously uncomfortable with in order to maximize the value of their assets.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Phillips not mentioned. Could this be it !?
I tend to take George at his word that Ted doesn't have anything to do with the football side of things, but it is odd that he's in these press conferences. I think he's more of a security blanket than anything else.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I tend to take George at his word that Ted doesn't have anything to do with the football side of things, but it is odd that he's in these press conferences. I think he's more of a security blanket than anything else.

He's been involved in hiring coaches and GM's so he has been involved in the football side for years. Even if that's all he does..... it's been too much.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree but they both do have input on hiring. Which is the issue. Perhaps it is a mutual agreement for the betterment of the franchise, finally for him to focus on business and <insert name here> hired to manage football ops. God I hope so.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Because for some reason I'm multi-quote stupid:

Well yeah, Ted as president is going to be writing up the contract and final details, but they listened to Ernie when they hired Pace/Fox. They listened to Pace when they hired Nagy. I'm suggesting that Ted isn't asking questions that deal with player development, or offensive/defensive schemes.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Teddy is stepping down in 2023 but will not have any say in the next GM and HC. This will be announced in the presser by George