1PM Conference call with George

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want to know if Virginia is pissed.
I'm sure she is. But I also believe that some of the short-term-oriented decisions that were made were made to try to win one while Virginia is still alive. That's one of the things I always kept in mind with Pace's decisions, that there were some "win it all now" circumstances that drove the Mack, Robert Quinn, and Glennon/Foles moves. Please note I have no direct evidence that this in fact the case; this is just a belief of mine.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I've always said that success starts at the top. We have an ownership group who knows nothing about football or winning because Virginia was handed this cash cow on a silver platter. Even if they wanted to win football games on top of making an enormous amount of money, they don't even know how to. Halas was the reason this franchise ever won anything, and since his fingerprints on the team wore off (basically when Wannstedt became coach) it's no wonder we've only tasted fleeting moments of success buffered by extended periods of failure.

Don't know how that could be any more clearly displayed than in this press conference.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
A lot of nothing in that press conference. Sounds like the same failed process we've seen over and over

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So if Bill Polian really is running this search more under Ted and George's guidance (I personally am not confident that is the case), do Bears fans feel good about Bill making the call?
More than Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber.

R.68e9e3a62fcf4e976ffa1f29a9f2a536

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
A lot of cunting. Not sure what people expect. I would rather Pollian be involved than just George and Ted so not sure what the alternative would be.
No Ted and somebody who actually knows football help George lol. Guy has no idea what he’s doing.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I had to drop off for a meeting phone call... anyone got a link yet to the replay?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why wouldn’t he be pitching Flores as well? Or Harbaugh?

Dungy and Frazier are friends.

Also, after this sort of endorsement from Dungy, I don't think he'd rank anyone above Frazier:

“In this business, we talk so much about the relationships and the harmony needed between a GM, a head coach, an owner and how that has to be in place,” Dungy told Wiederer. “You’d have to search long and hard to find somebody who wouldn’t be able to work with Leslie Frazier.”

“Leslie is special,” Dungy told Wiederer. “With his connection to the Bears and knowing that city, the organization and the mentality there, I don’t know how you couldn’t give him serious consideration. … Les knows how to galvanize people. He brings players together. And he has always had a good vision for how to get the most out of people.”

Nelly

Liked Posts:
A lot of cunting. Not sure what people expect. I would rather Pollian be involved than just George and Ted so not sure what the alternative would be.
It's that people don't want George and Ted there, which is perfectly reasonable, which is why I say this franchise isn't winning anything short of getting really lucky until the team is sold to someone(s) else.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's that people don't want George and Ted there, which is perfectly reasonable, which is why I say this franchise isn't winning anything short of getting really lucky until the team is sold to someone(s) else.

Ok and I want Halle Berry to answer my door in a bathrobe but then I accept I live in the real word. The McCaskeys own the Bears. Quite silly to expect him not to be involved.