1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I really want Starling, but I'm not sure if he will be available when our pick comes up.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he will be. I will be really surprised if its anyone but him at this point.

Most teams are going to go pitcher me thinks, and also won't have the money in order to lure him from football.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I think he will be. I will be really surprised if its anyone but him at this point.

Most teams are going to go pitcher me thinks, and also won't have the money in order to lure him from football.

We are gonna have to give him a lot more money than we gave shark which was a massive deal for a baseball pick.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
two starling's on the team would be a wow. He is a freak athlete from what I've seen of him he also has speed which makes me happy. Is he gonna focus on OF or pitching? From what Ive seen he is good at both.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
two starling's on the team would be a wow. He is a freak athlete from what I've seen of him he also has speed which makes me happy. Is he gonna focus on OF or pitching? From what Ive seen he is good at both.

IDK... he could still be in the MLB, NFL, or even NBA, so we have to see what he chooses first before we even think of that... but that would be up to the Cubs or whoever drafts him, not to himself.

We have an abundance of both pitchers and outfielders, so I'm not sure.

He could be like babe Ruth of 1918 and play outfield every day he doesn't pitch and just do both. :shrug: Let's us have an extra bench player if he filled both an SP and OF role.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IDK... he could still be in the MLB, NFL, or even NBA, so we have to see what he chooses first before we even think of that... but that would be up to the Cubs or whoever drafts him, not to himself.

We have an abundance of both pitchers and outfielders, so I'm not sure.

He could be like babe Ruth of 1918 and play outfield every day he doesn't pitch and just do both. :shrug: Let's us have an extra bench player if he filled both an SP and OF role.

We have an abundance now. However, he is 18, so in 4 or 5 years you don't know that we'll have an abundance. And you can NEVER have too much pitching.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bubba is a great sports name.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
It would be amazing if he was available at 9. Im also not really worried about the Cubs spending money on him if he's there at 9. He's a 5 tool prospect that can possibly also pitch. Considering he gives himself several opportunities to be good, he could be worth every penny. Besides, this would be a good opportunity for the Ricketts to put their money where their mouths are when it comes to investing in the farm system. If they really mean that, you cant let a guy who is virtually the perfect prospect (which isnt a lock) go. I also wonder if the fact that Bubba is kind of from the Ricketts' neck of the woods and committed to Nebraska will also enhance the likelihood that theyll spend the money.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
We have an abundance now. However, he is 18, so in 4 or 5 years you don't know that we'll have an abundance. And you can NEVER have too much pitching.

If you have an opportunity to get the best player in what is allegedly a deep draft at 9, you do it and dont look back.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah baseball is not about needs its about taking the best available player.

And if the Cubs pass on Bubba that's a VERY VERY bad sign for the future of this ball club.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Just to clarify, I wasn't saying IDK if I'd TAKED him, but was responding to a question as to what to position he'd play and saying IDK to that.

BTW, MLB.com only mentions him as an OF, so I'd assume that teams are looking at him as more of an outfielder than a pitcher.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Sounds like Nats are taking Starling at 6th overall if KC doesn't at 5th overall. :(

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Nats are taking Starling at 6th overall if KC doesn't at 5th overall. :(

Where did you hear/read that?

Its possible that they will but I wouldnt assume that. Washington has a lot of money tied up in signing Harper and Strasburg.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Bubba is on the front page of ESPN and it has a video on him. Nats would be smart to take him I would love to get him.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should we start talking about 2012 draft since Cubs suck so bad and will have another top pick