2011 Playoff Predictions

Liked Posts:
I don't know about all of you, but I've grown tired of all the petty disagreements on this forum. Let's just talk about good ole fashioned basketball (some of you guys really need to grow up - no offense).

What is everyone's predictions for the playoffs?

1. Who will play in the Western Conference finals?

2. Who will play in the Eastern Conference finals?

3. Who will win the NBA Finals?

4. Who will be Finals MVP?

Liked Posts:
1. Though San Antonio has played well all year, I don't have them reaching the Conference finals. I have them losing a nail biter to OKC. I've got the Lakers and Oklahoma City in the Western Conference Finals.

2. Boston-Miami. I hope Chicago makes it but let's face it - there's a LOT of playoff inexperience on that roster. Miami and Boston combines for about 3,000 playoff games. I have the Heat and Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals. D Rose and CO. will be back next year.

3. I've got Miami slightly beating the Celtics and the Lakers beating OKC because the league "has" to have the Lakers in the finals to boost ratings. I have the Heat figuring everything out and beating the Lakers and seeing LeBron hoist his first NBA championship trophy.

4. Dwyane Wade finals MVP.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Concentrate on growing up yourself before commenting on other people...

1. LAL vs. OKC

2. CHI vs. BOS

3. BOS, LAL, CHI, or OKC.

4. Rose, Bryant, Gasol, Garnett, Pierce, Rondo, Durant, or Westbrook.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
1. Though San Antonio has played well all year, I don't have them reaching the Conference finals. I have them losing a nail biter to OKC. I've got the Lakers and Oklahoma City in the Western Conference Finals.

2. Boston-Miami. I hope Chicago makes it but let's face it - there's a LOT of playoff inexperience on that roster. Miami and Boston combines for about 3,000 playoff games. I have the Heat and Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals. D Rose and CO. will be back next year.

3. I've got Miami slightly beating the Celtics and the Lakers beating OKC because the league "has" to have the Lakers in the finals to boost ratings. I have the Heat figuring everything out and beating the Lakers and seeing LeBron hoist his first NBA championship trophy.

4. Dwyane Wade finals MVP.

I am hoping Chicago gets the first seed, then your ECF will be a second round series. And the Bulls will be in much better shape.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
All I know is the Eastern Conference is going to be crazy... You have 2 1/2 men in Miami, the Young Bulls in Chicago, the bi-polar Knicks in New York, and the Veteran Celtics in Boston.

I can't fucking wait.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2. Boston-Miami. I hope Chicago makes it but let's face it - there's a LOT of playoff inexperience on that roster.

There is a first time for everything. At one point, Wade didn't have a ring. At another, neither did Jordan or Bill Russell. Most of the "experienced" Heat players are complete non-factors: Juwan Howard, Jammal Magloire.

Bosh doesn't have more playoff experience than ANYONE on the Bulls' roster.

Udonis Haslem and Erick Dampier? Hardly difference-makers against a team like the Bulls.

Rose and Noah have 12 games of playoff experience. Not bad considering they took 2 great teams to hard-fought series.

Kurt Thomas has a championship ring. That doesn't count as experience to you either? Boozer, Korver, and Brewer have all been to the WCF and playoffs about every year. Boozer and Deng both have an NCAA title under their belt. Rose has been to the Championship game.

And, perhaps most important, which core of guys have played together the longest between the Bulls and Heat? - the BULLS.

Not to mention the "experience" of sweeping the season series with the Heat, 3-0.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
I don't know about all of you, but I've grown tired of all the petty disagreements on this forum. Let's just talk about good ole fashioned basketball (some of you guys really need to grow up - no offense).

1. If healthy, lakers v spurs. IF not, it's going to be Thunder v lakers. Spurs just going to blow by the rockets. They might not have tim duncan, but the grizzlies don't have gay for the rest of the season. After that the spurs are going up against the thunder. The thunder doesn't have an elite front court, but their back court is pretty good. It will be a tough win for the aging spurs w/o Tim duncan. Plus the thunder's big 2 of westbrook and durant has a lot of talent behind it. If healthy, i'm going with the spurs. IT's just a gut instinct.

2. Hawks v Knicks. ;)

Tough question. If the bulls are the number 1 seed, i'm going with Bulls v Heat. If the celtics are the number seed, i'm going with Celtics v heat? maybe bulls? it's a tough call to make. The bulls have swept the heat, but not by a landslide. I guess out of loyalty, i'll go with celtics v bulls. Consequently, I guess what i'm saying is that the east is a 3 team race.

3. I'll go homer on you, and say the bulls. I think it's a long shot. The east is just such a battle that if the bulls make it to the finals, rose is going to have the crap beaten out of him. Round 1 is easy. After that he's going to go through magic. We've all seen what howard does to rose. After that he's going to be playing the winner of c's v heat. That's a tough game no matter who the opponent is. The usage of rose is going to put a lot of bruises on an already bruised body.

Also, i think who ever wins the east this year, has a good shot of winning it all. I like the bulls chances against the lakers. Also, I really like the bulls chances against the spurs. I really really like the bulls chances against the thunder. Our front line is better than the thunder's front line, and that will give ample rest to rose and deng. I also think the heat have a good chance of winning it all this year as well. Same is true with the celtics...and even the lakers. it's a tough call to make, so i'll just answer passionately, so go bulls.

4. bogans.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
All I know is the Eastern Conference is going to be crazy... You have 2 1/2 men in Miami, the Young Bulls in Chicago, the bi-polar Knicks in New York, and the Veteran Celtics in Boston.

I can't fucking wait.

Word. :smug2:

Should be awesome.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There is a first time for everything. At one point, Wade didn't have a ring. At another, neither did Jordan or Bill Russell. Most of the "experienced" Heat players are complete non-factors: Juwan Howard, Jammal Magloire.

Bosh doesn't have more playoff experience than ANYONE on the Bulls' roster.

Udonis Haslem and Erick Dampier? Hardly difference-makers against a team like the Bulls.

Rose and Noah have 12 games of playoff experience. Not bad considering they took 2 great teams to hard-fought series.

Kurt Thomas has a championship ring. That doesn't count as experience to you either? Boozer, Korver, and Brewer have all been to the WCF and playoffs about every year. Boozer and Deng both have an NCAA title under their belt. Rose has been to the Championship game.

And, perhaps most important, which core of guys have played together the longest between the Bulls and Heat? - the BULLS.

Not to mention the "experience" of sweeping the season series with the Heat, 3-0.

Magloire was probably relevant for one year in NO when he has an all-star appearance. I think that might have been the year they lost to Miami in the playoffs Wades rookie year. Which BTW i attended Wades coming out party in Mia that series.

I know he really doesnt matter at this point but lets not forget the playoff experience Mike Bibby has had with the Kings and Hawks. Kings should have won a title, maybe two. Its a damn shame.

But the Bulls players have plenty of playoff experience among them. They are not new to big games. Dont forget that Noah won two NCAA titles in FL. Honestly as a whole, i take the Bulls over the Heat right now. They are just a more complete team. Well rounded starting 5. they are bigger and have more depth. they have better coaching and better home record/overall record.

Seriously, people need to look past Wade/James/Bosh and look at the bigger picture. I dont have the #s but compare the productivity of the Bulls bench to the Heats bench in the 3 games this season. Compare the rebounding #s. If people thought LBJ/Wade had trouble figuring out who takes over when the games on the line, wait until the playoffs.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Magloire was probably relevant for one year in NO when he has an all-star appearance. I think that might have been the year they lost to Miami in the playoffs Wades rookie year. Which BTW i attended Wades coming out party in Mia that series.

I know he really doesnt matter at this point but lets not forget the playoff experience Mike Bibby has had with the Kings and Hawks. Kings should have won a title, maybe two. Its a damn shame.

But the Bulls players have plenty of playoff experience among them. They are not new to big games. Dont forget that Noah won two NCAA titles in FL. Honestly as a whole, i take the Bulls over the Heat right now. They are just a more complete team. Well rounded starting 5. they are bigger and have more depth. they have better coaching and better home record/overall record.

Seriously, people need to look past Wade/James/Bosh and look at the bigger picture. I dont have the #s but compare the productivity of the Bulls bench to the Heats bench in the 3 games this season. Compare the rebounding #s. If people thought LBJ/Wade had trouble figuring out who takes over when the games on the line, wait until the playoffs.

All good points. I completely forgot the 2 titles for Noah at Florida and Mike Bibby with the Kings... damn. haha

fola

Liked Posts:
I've had the Bulls in the ECF since about Mid-January or so, but after the last couple of weeks I've upgraded that a bit. I believe the old adage that championships are won with defense and depth. The Bulls are (arguably) the cream of the crop in those regards. Moreover their big man depth goes 5 deep with their best defensive unit coming off the bench. Not to mention the fact the the bulls start top 10 players at 4/5 positions. I can go on and on. With all that said, I feel like if the Bulls can hold on to the #1 seed I expect them to at minimum, make the ECF. Honestly, I'd expect them to make the finals.

As far as the Finals, I'd be a little worried about the Lakers' (they're probably winning the west) size, but Noah has played well against Gasol in the past. And i'd feel that Asik could adequately frustrate Bynum (or Pau for that matter) in spurts. I'm trying to control my inner Bulls fandom here. But i came into this season feeling like if the Bulls were gonna win it all any year within the next 5 (before the Heat figure everything out) it would be this year. And I still feel that way, if not a little stronger.

Chi Sports Radio

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls over Lakers...sending Phil off in style.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

1. lakers vs spurs

2. bulls vs celtics

3. chicago bulls

4. derrick rose...unless it's put to a fan vote. then brian scalabrine.