Liked Posts:
The time is almost near!!

The Cubs have the 6th Overall pick in the first

and two sandwich round picks.. #43 and #56

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
i know draft is exciting time of year but nothing can come of it till 3+ yrs down the road to see even what kind of draft it is. With the new CBA teams cant go overpay for guys anymore so cant even get excited on how much the team spends like last year

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. You take best player available with early round picks and then set up depth with the later round picks.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. You take best player available with early round picks and then set up depth with the later round picks.

I still say the catcher.. If he's there.. It's a need and he would be best available.

Two birds.. One stone.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Zunino too. I don't think he slips past the top three though, unfortunately.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
we do need to look into a catcher, though. i wouldnt mind taking an outfielder or pitcher, either. anyone know if Josh Vitters has done anything lately? seems kinda disappointing.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
You take the best overall player and worry about where he's going to play later.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You take the best overall player and worry about where he's going to play later.

Well yeah for position players..

Pitchers if we have a good selection up in the first 5 rounds.. I'd be happy to load up on too.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. You go with best player avaible. You dont draft on what your team needs. You draft by which player is the best

Well yeah don't reach, but you have to go into the draft pitching minded. Don't reach like the fail Hayden Simpson.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
we do need to look into a catcher, though. i wouldnt mind taking an outfielder or pitcher, either. anyone know if Josh Vitters has done anything lately? seems kinda disappointing.

Vitters is quiety haing a good season. I can see him as a September callup.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I heard we're going after a kid out of Iowa named Nicholas Fisch :troll:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vitters is quiety haing a good season. I can see him as a September callup.

I wouldn't call a .248/.296/.397 slash line in the PCL a good season. He has done some nice things that has improved his stock in my eyes though. He has been much, much better at 3B this season than previous years which makes it far more likely to be an average major league starter for his position, and he has shown more patience than previous years. However, the strikeout to walk rate is creepy back up to the levels of a few seasons ago after being at nearly 1-1 in the first couple of weeks in the season. He needs to go on a hot streak for this to really improve his stock as a prospect though.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I would give him a shot in the majors... he's batting .253 now, but it's not too bad. Not great by any measure, but he seems to be coming arounf unlike previous years where he sucked. Remember he's only 22...

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would give him a shot in the majors... he's batting .253 now, but it's not too bad. Not great by any measure, but he seems to be coming arounf unlike previous years where he sucked. Remember he's only 22...

I'm pretty sure very few organizations would promote a guy who has that kind of a line no matter how young they are :lol:

Maybe wait for September, but I don't think Vitters is even on the 40-man and there are potentially guys already on the 40-man who can hit better than what Vitters has shown.