2013 Chicago Cubs

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will be playing on MLB The Show 12. I simmed the 2012 season while just making some little moves. I wanted to play with Jackson, Rizzo plus some other specs. I put Sori, Demp, and Marmol on the Trade Block. ARI offered a SP spec for Sori which i jumped on. MIL offered 3 specs for Demp which i did. Marmol no one offered for. I play on Hall of Fame settings. I will update after each series.

Last edited:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your 2013 Chicago Cubs opening day roster:

SP1: Garza
SP2: Shark
SP3: Maholm (picked up option)
SP4: Volstad
SP5: Wood

LRP: Wells
MRP: Dolis
MRP: Russell
MRP: Beliveau
MRP: Coleman
SU: Camp (signed to 1 yr deal 900K)
CP: Marmol

Lineup vs RHP:

DeJesus RF
Castro SS
LaHair LF
Rizzo 1B
Stewart 3B
Jackson CF
Clevenger C
Barney 2B

Campana 4th OF
Sappelt 5th OF
Vitters UTI
Cardenas UTI
Castillo C

Lineup vs LHP:

DeJesus RF
Sappelt LF
Castro SS
Rizzo 1B
Vitters 3B
Jackson CF
Castillo C
Barney 2B

LaHair 4th OF
Campana 5th OF
Stewart UTI
Cardenas UTI
Clevenger C

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
ATL (0-0) vs CHC (0-0)

Game 1: Montgomery (ATL) vs Garza (CHC) 3-2 CHC

This was a pitching duel type of game. Cubs could only get 1 run on 3 hits in 7 IP vs ATL SP Montgomery. Luckly Garza was also sharp going 6 IP allowing just 2 runs. ATL had 2-1 lead going into the 8th inning. ATL calls on Venters for the hold but Barney leads off the inning with a double. Campanan is pitch hits and puts down a great bunt to put runners at 1st and 3rd. DeJesus pops up for 1st out. Sappelt then drives ball through the right side to tie the game up at 1. Castro hits into DP to end the inning. Marmol comes into the 9th and has perfect inning with 1 K. Bot of the 9th Cubs load the bases with 2 outs. Barney hits a walk off single up the middle on an 0-2 pitch against Grilli to give Cubs an opening day win.

Game 2: Minor (ATL) vs Samardzija (CHC) 4-1 CHC
There was only 1 inning where there was scoring. ATL gets on the bored in the 4th with a leadoff HR from McCann which would be there only run rest of the game. Shark went 7 IP allowing just the 1 run. Bot of the 4th Cubs show some power. Sappelt leads off the inning with his 1st HR of the year to tie the game. Later in the inning with 2 runners on Brett Jackson hits a hanging slider int the RF bleachers to give Cubs 4-1 lead which would be the final score. Marmol pitches another perfect inning to notch his 1st save

Game: 3 Teheran (ATL) vs Maholm (CHC) 6-0 ATL
Teheran was to much for the Cubs. He allowed only 4 hits and 0 runs in 8 IP. Cubs didnt have there 1st hit until the 6th inning. While ATL hit Maholm around in 5 IP 6 ER. McCann hit his 2nd HR of the year. Only bright spot for Cubs was the bullpen went 4 IP allowing 0 runs to run the bullpen steak of 9 IP without giving up a run on the season.