2016 PFF draft grades

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
Here are PFF's grades for the 2016 Chicago Bears draft. Looks like as far as they are concerned we did a good job.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/30/draft-2016-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams/

NFC NORTH

Chicago Bears, A-
1 (9) (from Tampa Bay) Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
2 (56) (from Seattle) Cody Whitehair, G, Kansas State
3 (72) Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida
4 (113) (from Philadelphia via Tennessee) Nick Kwiatkoski, ILB, West Virginia
4 (124) (from Seattle) Deon Bush, S, Miami
4 (127) (from New England) Deiondre’ Hall, CB, Northern Iowa
5 (150) Jordan Howard, RB, Indiana
6 (185) DeAndre Houston-Carson, S, William & Mary
7 (230) Daniel Braverman, WR, Western Michigan

Day 1: Chicago made the move to get Floyd, who brings a versatile threat to their defense. He can rush the passer off the edge (fifth-highest grade in the class at +28.9), and he showed well against the run at +18.4. Floyd played more of a traditional linebacker role early in 2015 and took to it well, and that should only add to his ability to line up all over the defense to create mismatches.

Day 2: A first-round talent on our draft board, Whitehair was the top-graded offensive tackle in the nation in 2015, and he can play any of the offensive line positions with his strong hands. Bullard posted the nation’s top grade against the run at +51.5, and his athleticism gives him upside potential to increase his +7.8 pass-rush grade. Like Whitehair, he brings versatility, as he can line up all across the defensive line.

Day 3: Kwiatkoski can set up his teammates in the run game while showing adequate in coverage. His +29.8 overall grade ranked eighth in the class. Howard is a strong downhill runner, though he’s capable of running in any scheme and his +21.8 run grade ranked fourth in the class. Braverman is one of the best slots in the draft, capable of creating separation and adding strong after-the-catch ability. His 3.27 yards per route from the slot led the class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I really like this draft. I'm anxious to see what these guys can do on the field

Zoot Allures

Yoked like Shea
Liked Posts:
While I applaud Pace and his draft we can only wait and see how it pans out. Those who claim the sky is falling or those who smell Super Bowl need to CHILLAX.

Too bad tunsil and his gas mask are headed to Miami then

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the A- was the highest they gave any NFC team. AFC had some higher.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only one "A" in the entire thing.

Bears27

Liked Posts:
It was a pretty solid draft. There may have been some risks/reaches but the tremendous value they got for Bullard, Hall, Howard, & even Braverman far exceed any missteps or scrambles the Bears may have ran into. Even the picks that were questionable: Floyd, Whitehair, Kwiatkoski, Bush come with great talent & upside and given the Bears coaching staff – this draft could produce some quality starters.

A- or B+
is about the right grade. Pace & the Bears did a pretty good job of adding competition to both sides of the ball.

Excited for the damn season to start already!

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think some of the guys last year that were depth are GONE. Expect a lot of new names on the roster this year.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think they done well again this year. you look at what they have done and are doing, the entire team will be well rounded, and built for the long haul. last 2 drafts have been better then what we had prior to pace and fox.

Jagtogg

Liked Posts:
I just hope the grade translates to production. I'm borderline giddy thinking that we may have a winning combo of fox/pace and COULD have stability for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It was a pretty solid draft. There may have been some risks/reaches but the tremendous value they got for Bullard, Hall, Howard, & even Braverman far exceed any missteps or scrambles the Bears may have ran into. Even the picks that were questionable: Floyd, Whitehair, Kwiatkoski, Bush come with great talent & upside and given the Bears coaching staff – this draft could produce some quality starters.

A- or B+
is about the right grade. Pace & the Bears did a pretty good job of adding competition to both sides of the ball.

Excited for the damn season to start already!

Whitehair really isn't a questionable pick. He reminds me of Marshal Yanda except he has longer arms and bigger hands. He is not a projection. You can see the production on the field. He literally can play any position across the o line.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Love the value they got from 3rd to 7th round, but not really excited with Round 1 & 2, why, because you should draft Day 1 starters there, and IMO, OLB Floyd and G Whitehair seem more like projects.

And if you miss on early rounds, blue chip talent, then you basically missed on complete Draft.