2018 early draft wants.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think Ramsey took the Jags to the next level. Bouye took them to another level, as did Dareus, but I think the Ramsey pick was the point where they started to transform that defense. They had Smith and Pozluzny at LB, also signed Malik Jackson, but drafting Ramsey last year gave that defense elite potential. And even with all the other talent, I don't think they'd be elite without him.

I'm torn on Fitzpatrick vs. Chubb. Have to be 100% sure Minkah can play outside CB (I think he can, but he never really has at Bama). I do think that may be the positions picked in the first 2 rounds, and I think CB is a better position if you have to wait til the 2nd round. But I think with Hicks, Goldman, Floyd, Trevathan and Jackson that if you can add a stud CB, then this goes from a defense in the early teens to a top 8 unit.

I Don't disagree but the bears need pass rushers in spades. Right now we have Floyd coming off of injury and...? Armstrong or Landry after round one helps but Chubb/Key/Ferrell I round one would help the secondary by default.

All I know is, Floyd needs serious help or teams will key on him, as they did this year.

Look at what Bosa and Ingram are going in SD. Ying and Yang.

Some thought Ingram was a borderline bust. He just needed help

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
As it stands today, 3 of the top 5 picks are in the market for a qb unless the bears lose out and one of those 3 teams falls behind the bears a trade down becomes less likely.
Chubb is probably the safest pick followed by fitzpatrck and key.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace drafting a QB in the first? Lol. Doesn't make sense and it's not happening.

I'd only be OK with drafting Ridley if we traded down to the 10-15 range. I don't see Sutton as a top 20 talent.

I don't get the obsession with McGlinchey. He's not a top 20 player. Connor Williams is clearly the better prospect with the higher upside. His future is at left tackle. On the other hand, McGlinchey's best fit is at right tackle.

Chubb would be #1 on my board for the Bears. He and a healthy Floyd would be huge for the defense.

I'd be fine with James, but Fitzpatrick is ranked higher for me. The guy can do it all. People question where he is best fit. I say just put him on the field.

A guy to watch out for is Iowa CB Josh Jackson. He's the best corner in this draft IMO and a top-15 player right now. He continues to rise. Now, I'm not saying we should draft him with a top 5 pick right now. However, I'd be more than willing to trade down to the 10-12 range and pick him instead of someone like Ridley.

I've been pretty solid on going OLB in the 1st or WR but if there's one guy I'd be good with them drafting that doesn't play either OLB or WR it would be M.Fitzpatrick. That kid's gonna be a beast at CB or S. I'd rather they go WR in free agency getting two of them. Love B.Chubb but think a trade down would be a great idea and get at least our 3rd rounder back.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Left tackle would be my choice - can start right away. Move Leno to the other side and we keep Mitch clean and give him the best chance to succeed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Leno was really bad on the right side when we first got him and as soon as they put him at LT the improvement was easily noticeable. With all the needs we have right now why would you wanna use our very valuable 1st on a LT when we have one that is just fine? He's not a pro bowler and everyone knows that but he's a good LT and we can win with him there.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
There are 4 blue chip prospects in this draft.

Saquon Barkley
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Bradley Chubb
Quenton Nelson

Minkah and Chubb are no brainers for the Bears. Both of those guys would be spectacular additions to our young and upcoming defense. I think Minkah at CB (played safety but feels more comfortable at CB) would do absolute wonders for this defense and would be my 1A with Chubb at 1B.

Nelson is probably going to be one of the best guards in the league eventually but because of his position and our talent at the position, it's unlikely the Bears spend that high of a pick on him. Personally, you wouldn't hear me complaining if they did do it because the guy could be Zack Martin 2.0.

The very same could be said about Barkley and once again, when you are getting that quality of player, you can't complain unless they take him over Minkah or Chubb.

At this point, it's likely the top 2 picks are QB's meaning a top 4 draft pick in this draft would be very ideal for the Bears to get one of Minkah or Chubb.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want more picks. Trade down for Buffalo’s two 1st rounders.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Saquon Barkley
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Bradley Chubb
Quenton Nelson

Minkah and Chubb are no brainers for the Bears. Both of those guys would be spectacular additions to our young and upcoming defense. I think Minkah at CB (played safety but feels more comfortable at CB) would do absolute wonders for this defense and would be my 1A with Chubb at 1B.

Nelson is probably going to be one of the best guards in the league eventually but because of his position and our talent at the position, it's unlikely the Bears spend that high of a pick on him. Personally, you wouldn't hear me complaining if they did do it because the guy could be Zack Martin 2.0.

The very same could be said about Barkley and once again, when you are getting that quality of player, you can't complain unless they take him over Minkah or Chubb.

At this point, it's likely the top 2 picks are QB's meaning a top 4 draft pick in this draft would be very ideal for the Bears to get one of Minkah or Chubb.

If the Bears draft a RB or a G with the #5 or #6 pick in the draft next year, I will lose all faith in Ryan Pace. It’s not like any free agents want to play for Chicago, and Pace has shown that he will not get into a bidding war for top free agents. That leaves the draft, and every pick is precious.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If the Bears draft a RB or a G with the #5 or #6 pick in the draft next year, I will lose all faith in Ryan Pace. It’s not like any free agents want to play for Chicago, and Pace has shown that he will not get into a bidding war for top free agents. That leaves the draft, and every pick is precious.

I don't think he will I am just saying I wouldn't hold it against him because they probably end up being elite players.

Just praying for a top 4 pick so we can get Chubb or Minkah or be in a real good position to trade down with a team that wants a QB.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I see a lot of mocks all over the place.
Several have Mike McGlinchey/Orlando Brown
Some have Arden Key I've only seen 1 with Chubb going in the top 7.
Ridley if we are picking at 6/7

I will wait until free agencies is over before I really chime in I suppose. Having a play maker is all that really matters.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I like Fitzpatrick a lot, but it's going to be difficult to take a guy at 3 or 4 who hasn't really played outside corner at the college level.

If it goes Rosen-Darnold-Chubb and the Bears are #4 and don't have any good trade offers, then he's probably the pick but Chubb is the only guy I'm running to the podium for.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Pass rushers, specifically edge rushers. With Floyd's absence, its clear they need at least 2 more because Pernell McPhee sucks. Sam Acho sucks. Bumarr Houston sucks. Willie Young has been a good soldier, but will be 32 coming off a torn pectoral. There's no depth. One early rounder and one mid-late round. So far edge seems deep (unless and until we see who's coming out and staying at school within the next month and change.)

And the draft seems like the most likely option to get someone competent after Floyd. Free agency looks slim right now, and that's before teams tag/resign guys. The "mock offseason" dunces on this site think the Redskins will somehow let Trent Murphy walk when they'll have 53 million in salary to spend BEFORE cuts. Cant help but chuckle at the thoughtless nonsense the "artists" on this site keep putting out.

The league figured out the Chargers' Jerry Attachou after his above average season in 2015. He now sucks and is a back up when he isn't hurt.

Anybody here want to take a chance on the oft injured, 30 year old Junior Gallette? Me either.

After that its a lot of bad.

Bradley Chubb, Harold Landry, and Dorance Armstrong Jr. are at the top of my list. I think one has to be taken early, one also mid rounds. A trade back and a 3rd or one of the 4th round picks would be a good pick to use on a depth guy.

I don't buy Arden Key at all. Dude unexpectedly put on 40 lbs this year, mysteriously going from 230-270 lbs and disappeared for LSU until the Ole' Miss game, then he went back to his disappointing 2017 season and disappeared again. I see the desire, he's the perfect size/frame. Too bad he just got lazy, and the bears don't need that kind of lazy right now.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Pass rushers, specifically edge rushers. With Floyd's absence, its clear they need at least 2 more because Pernell McPhee sucks. Sam Acho sucks. Bumarr Houston sucks. Willie Young has been a good soldier, but will be 32 coming off a torn pectoral. There's no depth. One early rounder and one mid-late round. So far edge seems deep (unless and until we see who's coming out and staying at school within the next month and change.)

And the draft seems like the most likely option to get someone competent after Floyd. Free agency looks slim right now, and that's before teams tag/resign guys. The "mock offseason" dunces on this site think the Redskins will somehow let Trent Murphy walk when they'll have 53 million in salary to spend BEFORE cuts. Cant help but chuckle at the thoughtless nonsense the "artists" on this site keep putting out.

The league figured out the Chargers' Jerry Attachou after his above average season in 2015. He now sucks and is a back up when he isn't hurt.

Anybody here want to take a chance on the oft injured, 30 year old Junior Gallette? Me either.

After that its a lot of bad.

Bradley Chubb, Harold Landry, and Dorance Armstrong Jr. are at the top of my list. I think one has to be taken early, one also mid rounds. A trade back and a 3rd or one of the 4th round picks would be a good pick to use on a depth guy.

I don't buy Arden Key at all. Dude unexpectedly put on 40 lbs this year, mysteriously going from 230-270 lbs and disappeared for LSU until the Ole' Miss game, then he went back to his disappointing 2017 season and disappeared again. I see the desire, he's the perfect size/frame. Too bad he just got lazy, and the bears don't need that kind of lazy right now.

Clelin Ferell is a beast.

I think the Bears probably sign some mid level edge player in FA too, and probably keep one of Young or McPhee (hopefully on a restuctured/reduced contract). They can't go into the draft with just six picks and absolutely needing two outside linebackers who must contribute.

Alex Okafor if they are confidant in his health, Denico Autry, the pickings are slim but they need bodies there.

Washington

Liked Posts:
We need a very high end player eventually at both OLB and CB. I'm OK with either of those being filled early this year.

I don't want a WR in round 1 because good WRs can be found all over the draft on average, more so than most other positions.

We really need to get younger at OG too. Sure wish we had a 3rd this year. This might be the year for Pace to be that trade down clown in 1 and/or 2.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Honestly, if the Bears finish with a pick in the 4-7 range, I'd be really surprised if they make a pick there. I don't think Darnold comes out this year, as most of the rumors say, so I don't think you'll get QBs at 1 and 2. I actually think the Browns should stay with Kizer and get another ransom for the top pick, then go after a veteran QB (McCarron). But 4-7 is prime range for a team to trade up for the 2nd or 3rd QB, whatever the case may be. I'd look at the Jets, Buffalo, Arizona, and Washington (if they lose Cousins) as prime targets to trade up for whoever they like more of Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield.

And honestly, I think this is the year Pace tries to get as many picks as possible. His 1st draft, Pace played it safe. Took a senior prospect in the 1st, that looked like a pretty safe bet to be a solid player (White), then the underclassmen he did take had multiple years of starting in college and didn't have to guess at all on their projection size/position wise (Goldman, Langford). His 2nd year, he took more of a projection early with Floyd, but then went with more high floor picks like Whitehair, Bullard, and Howard. Last year, obviously was the QB draft. I'm sure Pace would have liked more than 5 picks, but getting his QB was the most important thing. But after that, I think you can say all but 1 (Jackson) was a pure projection pick based on upside. So this year, I think Pace will try to manuever to fill all the holes he can with depth thru the draft as this team needs to start winning right away. Like has been stated, there's probably 4 can't miss studs in this draft....2 of them at positions the Bears won't take. So not likely they will get Chubb or Fitzpatrick. If not, I think guys at those positions (and WR) at 6 or 7 aren't that big of a difference from guys that will be there in the teens.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Clelin Ferell is a beast.

I think the Bears probably sign some mid level edge player in FA too, and probably keep one of Young or McPhee (hopefully on a restuctured/reduced contract). They can't go into the draft with just six picks and absolutely needing two outside linebackers who must contribute.

Alex Okafor if they are confidant in his health, Denico Autry, the pickings are slim but they need bodies there.

Ferrell is after the 3 i mentioned. Dude is a beast, but has a lot of help on Clemson's unit.

Dorance Armstrong Jr. is my gem. Kansas sucks, they get blown out, yet he's a constant mismatch that forces opposing offenses to avoid his half of the field. Kliff Kingsbury's high powered Texas Tech offense this year should have put up 80, Armstrong single-handedly made him tear apart the rest of the Jayhawks' crap secondary on the QB's left side of the field, when Armstrong didn't blow up the backfield. Dude should be a top 10 pick, and he's bottom of the 1st round, for reasons that baffle me. He's got to polish his game for the next level obviously, specifically shedding blocks from guards against the run. Mock draft pundits these days grade him down, oft citing his team's bad defense--which is out of his control.

Chubb in 4 plays made Louisville and their Heisman QB half their field because they wouldn't go to his side. He's the obvious 1st desire/

Landry is the same. No problem if he ends up a bear.

Ferrell has Christian Wilkins and Austin Bryant helping him out. When talent is scarce or injured, how is he off on his own on an island facing doubles/having teams game plan for him? I know what the prior 3 I like can do, I don't know because Ferrell isn't asked to do it all, 2 other 1st round defensive prospects help.

I'd target him early round 2, not drop a top 1st round pick on him. Landry, Armstrong Jr., and Chubb without question.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Saquon Barkley
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Bradley Chubb
Quenton Nelson

What we need is to have QB needy teams picking behind us and not too far behind us so we can make the kind of trade down that the 49ers did with us last year to where we're only trading down a couple of spots. We get extra picks and are still high enough in the draft to get a legit OLB, WR, DB or we can even make another trade down and collect more picks. We all know that Pace's biggest problems in the draft have been in the 1st round but he's been great at finding guys in the middle to later part of the draft.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'm a little worried that Landry and Armstrong are designated pass rushers, at least at the beginning of their careers. Especially Landry. I've only seen a little of Armstrong.

Chubb is clearly the best, I began watching him early this year and was totally impressed, the most disruptive player since Aaron Donald I think. He was incredible again Louisville.

I'd put Ferrell around 10-15 personally. I think he helps out Bryant much more than Bryant helps him. Bryant, to me, is more of second rounder. Base 4-3 type.