2018 early draft wants.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Based on what we currently know of the Bears... the likely hood of the team finishing 4-12 or 5-11 is very strong.... and we could still end up 3-13 (just must believe we can at least beat the Browns)
The team will likely end up finishing in the top five... top ten is best case if we miraculously end up upsetting a team or two.

Based on this the Bears should be in position again this year to control their own draft destiny. Based on what you know right now... what is your early position /player you would like to see the Bears drafting?

Defensive players like: DE- Bradley Chubb, DE/OLB - Arden Key, DBs - Derwin Jame or Minkah Fitzpatrick

or

Offensive players like: WRs - Calvin Ridley or Courtland Sutton, OL - Mike McGlinchey, QBs - Lamar Jackson or Sam Darnold

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Pass rusher early or trade down for extra picks for me. Chubb I would understand but trading out of a QB spot (top 5)pick. We could still still get a difference maker and more picks.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Pace drafting a QB in the first? Lol. Doesn't make sense and it's not happening.

I'd only be OK with drafting Ridley if we traded down to the 10-15 range. I don't see Sutton as a top 20 talent.

I don't get the obsession with McGlinchey. He's not a top 20 player. Connor Williams is clearly the better prospect with the higher upside. His future is at left tackle. On the other hand, McGlinchey's best fit is at right tackle.

Chubb would be #1 on my board for the Bears. He and a healthy Floyd would be huge for the defense.

I'd be fine with James, but Fitzpatrick is ranked higher for me. The guy can do it all. People question where he is best fit. I say just put him on the field.

A guy to watch out for is Iowa CB Josh Jackson. He's the best corner in this draft IMO and a top-15 player right now. He continues to rise. Now, I'm not saying we should draft him with a top 5 pick right now. However, I'd be more than willing to trade down to the 10-12 range and pick him instead of someone like Ridley.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Pass rusher early or trade down for extra picks for me. Chubb I would understand but trading out of a QB spot (top 5)pick. We could still still get a difference maker and more picks.

I'm with you on that. If Chubb isn't there, trade down and gather picks like a 3rd rounder to make up for the Trubisky trade. If that does that, I'd love to see Josh Jackson in a Bears uniform.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Left tackle would be my choice - can start right away. Move Leno to the other side and we keep Mitch clean and give him the best chance to succeed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Left tackle would be my choice - can start right away. Move Leno to the other side and we keep Mitch clean and give him the best chance to succeed.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

People need to leave Leno alone at LT.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Say it every year.

BPA. Best. Player. Available.

I 100% agree with this but it really just isn’t that simple. If the bears have pick #4 they will be looking at the top OT’s, DB’s, WR’s, and DE’s (minus maybe one to be drafted before them). It’s really hard to project who BPA is when you have all of the top talent right there. For example, all the pundits said Cleveland would be stupid to pass on Myles Garrett, when hindsight says maybe Watson would’ve been a better choice.

If it were that simple to project BPA these GM’s would have a much easier job and would be getting paid much less.

That being said, I can see merit in taking DE, OT, or even CB1 (of course taking BPA into account).

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Calvin Ridley and pass rusher/corner in FA

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Yep. We need a dominant edge opposite Floyd. It would make the front 7 unbelievable.
No dominant Pass rushers this draft,imo

Key is a floyd clone

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but If I remember correctly, didn’t he struggle when he was at right tackle a few years ago?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
A position that keeps being overlooked is CB. I think we have seen recently how a really good CB can change a defense. Lattimore has changed the Saints D. Ramsey changed the Jags D. Everyone wants to bring back Fuller (I do too, but ideally he'd be the #2 CB) and Amukamara has done a fine job, but I don't want to go into 2018 with the same group of CBs that don't force turnovers. The Bears have the makings of an elite level defense if they can get a stud CB. As bad as they need another pass rusher, the Bears were a top 10 defense in sacks until they lost Floyd. They really need to fix the CB position this offseason

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
A position that keeps being overlooked is CB. I think we have seen recently how a really good CB can change a defense. Lattimore has changed the Saints D. Ramsey changed the Jags D. Everyone wants to bring back Fuller (I do too, but ideally he'd be the #2 CB) and Amukamara has done a fine job, but I don't want to go into 2018 with the same group of CBs that don't force turnovers. The Bears have the makings of an elite level defense if they can get a stud CB. As bad as they need another pass rusher, the Bears were a top 10 defense in sacks until they lost Floyd. They really need to fix the CB position this offseason

I wouldn't be mad at all with Fitzpatrick but I'm still taking Chubb over him in a 1A 1B scenario.

I'd also argue that the Jags are just stacked with defensive talent. Ramsey is all that and a bag of chips but it's hard to point at any one player and say he's the reason.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be mad at all with Fitzpatrick but I'm still taking Chubb over him in a 1A 1B scenario.

I'd also argue that the Jags are just stacked with defensive talent. Ramsey is all that and a bag of chips but it's hard to point at any one player and say he's the reason.

I think Ramsey took the Jags to the next level. Bouye took them to another level, as did Dareus, but I think the Ramsey pick was the point where they started to transform that defense. They had Smith and Pozluzny at LB, also signed Malik Jackson, but drafting Ramsey last year gave that defense elite potential. And even with all the other talent, I don't think they'd be elite without him.

I'm torn on Fitzpatrick vs. Chubb. Have to be 100% sure Minkah can play outside CB (I think he can, but he never really has at Bama). I do think that may be the positions picked in the first 2 rounds, and I think CB is a better position if you have to wait til the 2nd round. But I think with Hicks, Goldman, Floyd, Trevathan and Jackson that if you can add a stud CB, then this goes from a defense in the early teens to a top 8 unit.