1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Zeke - 100% Jerry Jones isn't dumb

Melvin - 15% Chargers have done ok everytime he has been injured.
I do agree on Melvin. Is there really that big of a drop off between Ekeler and Gordon? Gordon has no leverage. Last I heard, they were splitting hairs over a couple million. He wants 13M and they want to give him 10M. Do these RBs not realize that sitting out a year, they are never going to make enough to compensate for lost wages the year they sat out?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Which one of you dorks is drooling over Josh Gordon?

Over under on him making it to eight games.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Drafting 8 in a 10 team league. Halve point PPR. I'm torn on strategy for the first couple rounds. Suspects that I think will be there at 8 are:

Julio, OBJ, Chubb, Conner, Mike Thomas, Mixon, maybe Bell, but I doubt it. I can't decide if I want a top tier WR such as Julio/OBJ at 8 or reach on Chubb/Conner and then at 13 hope one of the top WRs falls to me, which I think is likely but no certainty. My fall back would be JuJu at 13 who I think has top 5 output potential.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drafting 8 in a 10 team league. Halve point PPR. I'm torn on strategy for the first couple rounds. Suspects that I think will be there at 8 are:

Julio, OBJ, Chubb, Conner, Mike Thomas, Mixon, maybe Bell, but I doubt it. I can't decide if I want a top tier WR such as Julio/OBJ at 8 or reach on Chubb/Conner and then at 13 hope one of the top WRs falls to me, which I think is likely but no certainty. My fall back would be JuJu at 13 who I think has top 5 output potential.

Unfort you're in that reach/settle zone where there's no clear elite RB left.

Good timing though, I just had this happen with pick #7.

I ended up picking Chubb, but only bec I honestly didn't research him specifically and Yahoo rated him #6 overall!! Post draft recalled the K. Hunt pickup and was bummed - although he's suspended for 8 games, which means week 9 or 10 return at soonest with zero practice or playbook learning. Not as bad as I first thought. Chubb's the clear better RB until Mixon, who I might've taken otherwise as the safer late season/playoff RB1. Mixon catches more too, if PPR.

It's against the standard grades & media, but I'm banking on high starting value from David Montgomery who can be had at later on.
In this pick position, I like the Top TE play in 2nd/3rd as a cool opportunity not there in early/late picks without big reaches/slides. There's plenty WRs who could start with good value, but only 3 elite TEs who are a big step up. (ADP) puts em 14, 23, 26 respectively. IF you go top 3 TE, the rest have to fit around this now...

8 - Top WR, or Chubb/Mixon
13 - TE Kelce (14) or top WR; def Mixon if avail; or TE in that order
28 - RB D Williams (25) or Mack (28); TE Kittle (23) or Ertz (28) prob. avail here.
33 - Top WR
48 - RB D. Montgomery or WR (you might snag DM at 53)
53 - WR2 if not already

Way more than you asked for but I'm enjoying this & pretty happy with my live draft result from last night:

Yeah, I'm jealous of a 10 team league. Also, that you got your pick in advance. Learned mine a just a minute before & had to be ready for all the possibilities.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

I think if you have Michael Thomas there you take him. He catches everything and you are getting .5 PPR.
If not I would take Julio if he is there. Look for him to bounce back this season.
I like OBJ getting a new QB but he is a head case and this could backfire.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Unfort you're in that reach/settle zone where there's no clear elite RB left.

Good timing though, I just had this happen with pick #7.

I ended up picking Chubb, but only bec I honestly didn't research him specifically and Yahoo rated him #6 overall!! Post draft recalled the K. Hunt pickup and was bummed - although he's suspended for 8 games, which means week 9 or 10 return at soonest with zero practice or playbook learning. Not as bad as I first thought. Chubb's the clear better RB until Mixon, who I might've taken otherwise as the safer late season/playoff RB1. Mixon catches more too, if PPR.

It's against the standard grades & media, but I'm banking on high starting value from David Montgomery who can be had at later on.
In this pick position, I like the Top TE play in 2nd/3rd as a cool opportunity not there in early/late picks without big reaches/slides. There's plenty WRs who could start with good value, but only 3 elite TEs who are a big step up. (ADP) puts em 14, 23, 26 respectively. IF you go top 3 TE, the rest have to fit around this now...

8 - Top WR, or Chubb/Mixon
13 - TE Kelce (14) or top WR; def Mixon if avail; or TE in that order
28 - RB D Williams (25) or Mack (28); TE Kittle (23) or Ertz (28) prob. avail here.
33 - Top WR
48 - RB D. Montgomery or WR (you might snag DM at 53)
53 - WR2 if not already

Way more than you asked for but I'm enjoying this & pretty happy with my live draft result from last night:

View attachment 2539

Yeah, I'm jealous of a 10 team league. Also, that you got your pick in advance. Learned mine a just a minute before & had to be ready for all the possibilities.

Appreciate they analysis. This league is 10 years running with the same 10 guys from college and while we thought about expanding it, decided we liked how competitive it was. This year is a bit of an outlier as we are all able to make the draft so we're doing it offline and decided to get picks out a week in advance. Normally, we just randomize 1 hour before.

I don't mind Chubb there at 8, but the Hunt situation makes me cautious. While I don't think Hunt comes in at week 11 and takes the majority of the snaps that is the time when you make your playoff push and I'd like to avoid that situation if it turns into a RBBC. Personally, I think I'd rather have Conner if I went RB. He's the clear bell cow and RBs in Pitt always produce. The issue with taking Conner is my 13th pick. If I go Conner, the best WR on the board at 13 ends up being JuJu. Like them both, but would prefer my top two picks not be on the same team. Maybe I'm looking at that wrong. My hope would be that Bell falls, but with the Zeke situation likely not resolving itself before the draft, I think Bell goes top 7. Ideally, I want to go WR/RB or RB/WR but if I do go WR/WR, I think I can still make it work with backs available in Round 3/4.

I'm not a fan of taking a TE early. Kelce would be the exception, but I'm not taking him at 13 overall. I think Ertz and Kittle regress. From your draft, I think you were wearing some Bears goggles, lol. Allen, Monty and Trubs??? I do want to get a share of all 3, but not in the same league. You really think Monty is going to be a top 10 back? I would feel great if I could get him as a RB3 or Flex guy - 10 team league makes this possible.

My current plan in this league at QB is to take a guy like Wentz/Brees pretty late and then draft Trubisky as well. I think alot of people forget Trubs was QB11 last year (IIRC) and I think he does ascend into that top 10 group for Fantasy this year with his legs.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think if you have Michael Thomas there you take him. He catches everything and you are getting .5 PPR.
If not I would take Julio if he is there. Look for him to bounce back this season.
I like OBJ getting a new QB but he is a head case and this could backfire.
There's two arguments for OBJ.

- Baker is going to chuck it deep to him all the time.
- New team, new coach, already nicked up and dealing with a hip issue.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Appreciate they analysis. This league is 10 years running with the same 10 guys from college and while we thought about expanding it, decided we liked how competitive it was. This year is a bit of an outlier as we are all able to make the draft so we're doing it offline and decided to get picks out a week in advance. Normally, we just randomize 1 hour before.

I don't mind Chubb there at 8, but the Hunt situation makes me cautious. While I don't think Hunt comes in at week 11 and takes the majority of the snaps that is the time when you make your playoff push and I'd like to avoid that situation if it turns into a RBBC. Personally, I think I'd rather have Conner if I went RB. He's the clear bell cow and RBs in Pitt always produce. The issue with taking Conner is my 13th pick. If I go Conner, the best WR on the board at 13 ends up being JuJu. Like them both, but would prefer my top two picks not be on the same team. Maybe I'm looking at that wrong. My hope would be that Bell falls, but with the Zeke situation likely not resolving itself before the draft, I think Bell goes top 7. Ideally, I want to go WR/RB or RB/WR but if I do go WR/WR, I think I can still make it work with backs available in Round 3/4.

I'm not a fan of taking a TE early. Kelce would be the exception, but I'm not taking him at 13 overall. I think Ertz and Kittle regress. From your draft, I think you were wearing some Bears goggles, lol. Allen, Monty and Trubs??? I do want to get a share of all 3, but not in the same league. You really think Monty is going to be a top 10 back? I would feel great if I could get him as a RB3 or Flex guy - 10 team league makes this possible.

My current plan in this league at QB is to take a guy like Wentz/Brees pretty late and then draft Trubisky as well. I think alot of people forget Trubs was QB11 last year (IIRC) and I think he does ascend into that top 10 group for Fantasy this year with his legs.
That guys draft was Beariffic. I disagree with the TE early. I think Ertz, Kttle, and Kelce are top tier TE's that will produce more than say a fringe WR 1 type. WR is the deepest this year. Once you get past the elite RB's, its muddled. You kind of just trying to roll the dice on who you think will end up with the majority of the touches.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
That guys draft was Beariffic. I disagree with the TE early. I think Ertz, Kttle, and Kelce are top tier TE's that will produce more than say a fringe WR 1 type. WR is the deepest this year. Once you get past the elite RB's, its muddled. You kind of just trying to roll the dice on who you think will end up with the majority of the touches.
So no late round Shaheen flyers?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't mind Chubb there at 8, but the Hunt situation makes me cautious. While I don't think Hunt comes in at week 11 and takes the majority of the snaps that is the time when you make your playoff push and I'd like to avoid that situation if it turns into a RBBC.

Agreed. I'm kinda stuck with him, but will be on waivers for a rookie boom or backup gone starter. Not an ideal place to be in a competitive league. You're best passing on Chubb IMO.

Ideally, I want to go WR/RB or RB/WR but if I do go WR/WR, I think I can still make it work with backs available in Round 3/4.

I can't argue a top tier WR in 1st. Generally a more proven and lasting than RBs who get hurt more. Flip side is there's less RBs capable of top tier production. Gets thin quickly. Depends how your league values RB and if there's an early run on tier 2 RBs or WRs.[/QUOTE]

From your draft, I think you were wearing some Bears goggles, lol. Allen, Monty and Trubs??? I do want to get a share of all 3, but not in the same league. You really think Monty is going to be a top 10 back? I would feel great if I could get him as a RB3 or Flex guy - 10 team league makes this possible.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the homerism, but unfort do see breakout potential for all 3. Trubs is my backup for Luck, who I snagged several rounds after ADP at pick 91.

Exactly. I really do see D Mont as a FLEX or RB2 at worst though. Howard got 150 touches despite poor fit and terrible production with those touches. Now that DM fits, he'll see 275-300 snaps and do more than sub 4/carry with them. Plus his PPR bonus> Howard. Yeah - he'll produce.

Agree on deep WRs. Gonna have to hit on a few later picks & see who rises to the top. Same for tier RB2s & 3s.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
10 team keeper league. Can keep 2. I have Pick No. 9 but someone is keeping a first rounder ahead of me so i'm pretty much picking 8th.

Keeping JuJu in 14th round.

Two other options left really: Dalvin Cook (2nd), Mike Evans (2nd). Thoughts?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
10 team keeper league. Can keep 2. I have Pick No. 9 but someone is keeping a first rounder ahead of me so i'm pretty much picking 8th.

I like Evans at that spot if my only other option is Cook. Evans has only missed 3 games in 5 seasons.

In what was supposed to be a bounce back injury free season for Cook saw hin get 165 measly carries in 10 games. He has missed more games than he has played in 2 seasons. Not first pick material.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I'm keeping Evans, BUT it kinda depends on all the other keepers. If you think OBJ/Julio/Adams/Hopkins could be there at 9, then I'd keep Cook and draft one of those guys.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Evans. I don't trust Cook. If he stays healthy, he will have huge numbers. I just don't think he will stay healthy all season

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cowboys offered Zeke a contract to make him the 2nd highest paid RB behind Gurley. Take the money Zeke!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Htf can you keep JuJu in the 14th lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm keeping Evans, BUT it kinda depends on all the other keepers. If you think OBJ/Julio/Adams/Hopkins could be there at 9, then I'd keep Cook and draft one of those guys.

Same

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pick 1 for Flex play - .5 PPR

Duke Johnson @NO
Tarik Cohen vs GB
Tyler Lockett vs CIN