CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Here's the best advice you'll ever receive: fantasy football is for nerds.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I can't wait for fantasy to ramp up

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the best advice you'll ever receive: fantasy football is for nerds.
And sports bettors.

I have found if nothing else it is a passive and interesting way for your brain to collect helpful information on sports by being involved in a statistical and interactive way.

I suppose like anything else, you make of it to the levels of your emotional and intellectual capacity.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You land the first pick in the draft. Who are you taking? For me, it's between Kamara and Zeke. Barkley scares me with that offense. Don't get me wrong, I think he has a good year, but I could also just see defense stacking the box against him every game making it tough sledding.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You land the first pick in the draft. Who are you taking? For me, it's between Kamara and Zeke. Barkley scares me with that offense. Don't get me wrong, I think he has a good year, but I could also just see defense stacking the box against him every game making it tough sledding.

Started a best ball draft yesterday and I had the #1 pick....I ended up going Barkley but was considering CMC. I get being scared of that O, but for me it is the amount of opportunities he will have. What other playmakers do they have on that team? Shepard? Tate? Engram? He will be involved in every aspect of that offense. If it is a PPR or even a 1/2PPR he is gonna get a ton of targets and will barely leave the field. Similar to McCaffery last year.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Started a best ball draft yesterday and I had the #1 pick....I ended up going Barkley but was considering CMC. I get being scared of that O, but for me it is the amount of opportunities he will have. What other playmakers do they have on that team? Shepard? Tate? Engram? He will be involved in every aspect of that offense. If it is a PPR or even a 1/2PPR he is gonna get a ton of targets and will barely leave the field. Similar to McCaffery last year.

I'm gunshy because I drafted David Johnson last year. I thought, hey this offense is going to suck, he's all they have and will be a volume back. He ended up being painfully average.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm gunshy because I drafted David Johnson last year. I thought, hey this offense is going to suck, he's all they have and will be a volume back. He ended up being painfully average.

I chalk that up to shitty coaching...McCoy used DJ completely wrong. I would think Shurmur/Shula would continue to put Barkley in the best position to succeed.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And sports bettors.

I have found if nothing else it is a passive and interesting way for your brain to collect helpful information on sports by being involved in a statistical and interactive way.

I suppose like anything else, you make of it to the levels of your emotional and intellectual capacity.

I think it is also a great way to stay connected/interested in more games-if that is the desire. It can also give you greater insight to the league and different players. I am in two leagues one of which I have been in for since the early 90s. So, it can also keep you connected to old friends, too. I have played in as many as four leagues at once. I have found two is best for me.