2019-20 Pre-Season Thread, IGTs and Roster Moves. Oct 7 through 17

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think the bulls were up by 15 or 18, went to take a shower, it was cut to 5. Really dont know about this Boylen guy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching the Zion vs Bulls game now. Markenen earned a bit of respect from him. He tried to take him off the dribble to lay-up with his long ass arms like most guys and got surprised by the combination of size, length, and movement. He is still so raw he looked surprised he got stopped and sized him up a bit in approval. First among many problematic opponents he will face. Right now he can leap over the height problem completely, but there are 7' Norweigen born viking men in the league now and you can't leap over them all in all situations.
The difference I see with Zion is due to the state of player development in this country. Players like this don't last long, its just physics. Shaq could jump out the gym for about 2 years and he was a basketball puppy still. Jordan tried to kill his soul while he was still a puppy for a reason.

Zion is an immediate threat in the league, his game is advanced and he has the one in a million Barkley/Shaq/Malone/Lebron/Oakley type hybrid power build that can still leap early. Even raw its a nightmare to contend with even for pro's, but Zion's game is more advanced than Lebrons was. Not his understanding, but his skills. He has mad skills and even range, but this kangaroo Barkley shit will only last a couple years. Must watch TV while it does.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats my new nickname for Zion, KB...

Kangaroo Barkley, but in reality I think he is more Charles Oakley's size.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think the bulls were up by 15 or 18, went to take a shower, it was cut to 5. Really dont know about this Boylen guy.

It’s pre season...all the “go to” players were on the bench by then.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Watching the Zion vs Bulls game now. Markenen earned a bit of respect from him. He tried to take him off the dribble to lay-up with his long ass arms like most guys and got surprised by the combination of size, length, and movement. He is still so raw he looked surprised he got stopped and sized him up a bit in approval. First among many problematic opponents he will face. Right now he can leap over the height problem completely, but there are 7' Norweigen born viking men in the league now and you can't leap over them all in all situations.
The difference I see with Zion is due to the state of player development in this country. Players like this don't last long, its just physics. Shaq could jump out the gym for about 2 years and he was a basketball puppy still. Jordan tried to kill his soul while he was still a puppy for a reason.

Zion is an immediate threat in the league, his game is advanced and he has the one in a million Barkley/Shaq/Malone/Lebron/Oakley type hybrid power build that can still leap early. Even raw its a nightmare to contend with even for pro's, but Zion's game is even more advanced than Lebrons was. Not his understanding, but his skills. He has mad skills and even range, but this kangaroo Barkley shit will only last a couple years. Must watch TV while it does.

Zion is Shawn Kemp 2.0...minus the drug addiction hopefully

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zion is Shawn Kemp 2.0...minus the drug addiction hopefully

I always saw Kemp as more of a Pippen/Wilkins blend. Don't remember Kemp having a jumpshot, or high body fat until he was past his prime. I mean...Zion was the best shooter at every range on a deep Duke team when it mattered. He had green light from coach K as a freshman to 3-point range. Impressive. Thats why Barkley is such a perfect comparison, because he was round but had an offensive skill set. This guy is Barkley/Oakley/Kemp....

its absolutely crazy. 360 dunk in a game? I haven't gotten to it yet in game, just reading about this shit now. wtf

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
360 Dunk? Give me a fucking break, I'm sure Zion will do one one day but that wasn't it. The media is just sensational fucktards now, any headline that has the slightest truth in it is fair game for a click.

Its was a 270 at best, but technically a 180 if you look at foot take-off. Coming from the side it never could have been more than 270, but it was a full stop, 2 foot plant 180 under the rim soft dunk. Not even close to his best dunk in pre-season or a 360. At least be a cool dunk if you are going to go all over !!! the internet 360!! o mer god

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
He’s good, he just got no love since he’s been on the awful Knicks. Good defensive player that can stretch the floor. High IQ guy.

With Wendell, Luke and Gafford there should be zero reason Felicio sees the floor unless it’s in a blowout.
Hallelujah!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Felicio part of group that gave up a 30 point 4th quarter lead. hahahahaha. omg.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Coby with 24 points and 0 assists tonight.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I guess Boylen thinks he has a handle on this thing to be able to afford to rest starters against a conference foe.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I guess Boylen thinks he has a handle on this thing to be able to afford to rest starters against a conference foe.

I wish they treated every exhibition game, as if it were their last game. If that injury report after practice isn't full from top to bottom, they aren't putting in the effort. Amiright

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Forgot to add 8 Rebounds for Coby last night.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I wish they treated every exhibition game, as if it were their last game. If that injury report after practice isn't full from top to bottom, they aren't putting in the effort. Amiright
thibs.gif

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a solid 6-10 seed unit with player growth as season goes, imo.

A deadline trade could make them into a darkhorse giant killer.
Wendell Carter Jr. is going to need to be Ben Wallace/early Howard, Rodman type of presence or Boylen will continue to lose games 135-125.

Their defense is fucking unbelievably bad. Boylen might have the depth now to make rotations with defensive integrity now, packaging Dunn-Lavine and Lauri-Wendell alot.

Its the White-Lavine-Lauri combo of the future starting line-up that concerns me defensively.

It would be simple to avoid but watch Boylen be ignorant to the poison of three bad defenders at once this year. He had no choice last year for stretches, even 4 at times. His rotations need to seek to avoid that but working in the new acqusitions of Tomas/Kornet and Valentine also fits category, its those 3 we need to be careful mixing with Lauri-Lavine-White

In their change to modern offense skill-sets Garpax seem to have missed the fact that Thompson-Green-Iguadala are in the freak level all-nba first/second team defenders category.

You can't just put 3-point shooters out there and lose 120-145

Last edited: