I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
LOL, no it's not silly to project his abilities based on simple observation. I'm also equally confident that Adam Shaheen will not ever be a starting TE in the NFL on a team with a good QB, and you would reply that we simply don't know because it hasn't yet been proven or disproven.

Let me reiterate: I've watched the NBA for 4+ decades, and I've watched Lavine quite a bit. I do not profess to be an NBA subject-matter expert or a GM but I've seen enough to know Lavine doesn't have the makeup to lead a team through the playoffs as a starter. He's like a weak and light version of, albeit more athletic, than Carmelo. Not a team-first player, no D, consistent shit in the +/- category.

He slots in perfectly on a second unit for instant offense, a la Vinnie Microwave Johnson back in the day.

And I disagree with you about his capabilities. Sorry that you can’t accept someone having a different take on lavine than your own. I feel that lavine can be a #2 guy on a good team. You don’t...cool...literally no factual evidence to back it up one way or another, so we just disagree. However, I will point to his stats of scoring about 23 a game and getting 4.5 rebounds and 4 assists, while shooting 41% from 3. I’d say those are starter numbers for most teams guard play...and will more than likely get him on the all star team this season. Sure, his defense is lacking...but the NBA today(since you’ve watched for 4+ decades) is drastically different than it used to be. Hardly anyone plays defense anymore. Personally, I don’t care for the NBA today...I much preferred the style of the 80’s and 90’s when team basketball actually mattered, instead of the ISO ball constantly...but that’s the way the rules have been set up now and it’s how kids are learning the game today unfortunately

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
And I disagree with you about his capabilities. Sorry that you can’t accept someone having a different take on lavine than your own. I feel that lavine can be a #2 guy on a good team. You don’t...cool...literally no factual evidence to back it up one way or another, so we just disagree. However, I will point to his stats of scoring about 23 a game and getting 4.5 rebounds and 4 assists, while shooting 41% from 3. I’d say those are starter numbers for most teams guard play...and will more than likely get him on the all star team this season. Sure, his defense is lacking...but the NBA today(since you’ve watched for 4+ decades) is drastically different than it used to be. Hardly anyone plays defense anymore. Personally, I don’t care for the NBA today...I much preferred the style of the 80’s and 90’s when team basketball actually mattered, instead of the ISO ball constantly...but that’s the way the rules have been set up now and it’s how kids are learning the game today unfortunately

Please don't invent shit, ok?

Honestly I don't care to further debate Lavine nor reconcile our differing viewpoints, end of the day it doesn't matter whatsoever on this hapless roster and FO.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Please don't invent shit, ok?

Honestly I don't care to further debate Lavine nor reconcile our differing viewpoints, end of the day it doesn't matter whatsoever on this hapless roster and FO.

Sorry, it came off that way to me. There was really no reasoning given as to why lavine wouldn’t be a starter on a good team, other than his defense and because you say so. Apologies if I was mistaken. Again, the numbers show he’s at worst a fringe all star.

You certainly won’t get any arguments from me about the FO and at least the roster construction. Lauri is the big disappointment so far. He seems to prefer to just be a guy hanging out at the 3 point line, rather than developing an all around game

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think Lavine would thrive next to a guy like Giannis. He wouldn't have to worry about the play making, he could just go out and does what he does best.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
LOL, even Cristiano Felicio would thrive next to Giannis.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
He's like a weak and light version of, albeit more athletic, than Carmelo. Not a team-first player, no D, consistent shit in the +/- category.

I was thinking more consistent non-headcase version of JR Smith.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
LOL, even Cristiano Felicio would thrive next to Giannis.

By thrive I meant do what he does best and become a perennial all-star in the past. But yeah, even a piece of shit like Felicio would look at least competent alongside a great player like Giannis.

Zach since his "benching":
2nd most 3s made in a game(tied with Steph curry for highest % made ever on minimum 15 attempts)
highest eFG% in Bulls history for someone that scored 30 or more
Became only the 13th player in history to score 35 or more in 25 or less minutes

We're all entitled to our own opinions. I think he can be a #2 or #3 on a contending team in the right situation.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
By thrive I meant do what he does best and become a perennial all-star in the past. But yeah, even a piece of shit like Felicio would look at least competent alongside a great player like Giannis.

Zach since his "benching":
2nd most 3s made in a game(tied with Steph curry for highest % made ever on minimum 15 attempts)
highest eFG% in Bulls history for someone that scored 30 or more
Became only the 13th player in history to score 35 or more in 25 or less minutes

We're all entitled to our own opinions. I think he can be a #2 or #3 on a contending team in the right situation.

I am not in any way trying to stifle any differing opinions, just offering my own.

Lavine has a defined and valued skill: he is an high-level athletic scorer. IMO, that;s it. That's his only asset as an NBA player.

I respect your opinion, I just believe that the only way he will ever play on a contending team is later in his career when he accepts his role as a 6th man where IMO he slots perfectly for instant offense, especially against a second unit.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
How do you score 73 points as if you played the 2004 Detroit Pistons? :ROFLMAO:

What exactly will it take for Boylen to be fired?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I got to admit, I was looking towards the clippers game when I made that big disparity comment about biggest point differential.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Just an incredibly bad performance last night. WOOF.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Fuck You Kwahi Leonard taking one game off of every four and not allowing the stupid fans who buy tickets to this to even get to watch "superstars" due to "maintenance days".

They say LeBron might not play against the Hawks today, then after, I saw that he was in attendance to watch his son LeBron Jr score a game winning layup at his high school game. Maybe he got the weekend off.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I find it hilarious that this team loses to the Hawks but beats the Clippers (albeit without 3 players, but still)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Blew a 26 point lead to the Thunder. WOOF.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
The most crushing thing about this is that I loved Paxson as a Bulls player....completely trustworthy on the court. Now, as a GM.....he's nothing but a fucking patroninzing dork.

https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/...decide-to-rebuild-its-complicated-says-paxson
Paxson always talks about EVERYONE being accountable...and will always make a point to include himself...but it's all BS. How does he suffer in any way. To be "accountable" means required or expected to justify actions or decisions; responsible. He never has to "justify" anything...except for hopping on The Score 670 once a year and insulting the hosts or getting offended by them. Poor guy. He is really paying for the Bulls failures. And he's fully behind Boylen and his "we're still learning and growing"BS. So in 3 years you still haven't instilled in players to look for the open man when you're down a point with 6 secs left on the clock and not try to be the hero with an entire team collapsing on you. That lesson should be taught and learned in a short 10 second conversation....not something that has to take multiple YEARS for gawds sake. I like Boylen as a person. I'd love to go fishing with him. I want him as my grandpa...but as an NBA coach? Dear Lord....and Paxson's dork ass just keeps enabling this garbage.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
According to Boylen they are simply "learning and growing". It takes a few years. They're still "learning how to win". From what I've always understood..."winning" is scoring more points than the other team before the clock runs out. It's really not that hard of a concept.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
holy shit, Zack finally passed the ball to an open big at the rim for the game winner.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll say in fairness to the Thunder, they've actually been fairly competitive this season even if they don't have a ton of wins. CP3 has them in a lot of games they probably shouldn't be in