2019-2020 Season IGT

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think this team is one good player away from being an ECF team. And even more importantly, a good coach. Yes, championship is a whole different beast. All pipe dreams until Pax is replaced with someone capable of uniting elite management styles and scouting talent.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Another 4th quarter lead blown.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls lose.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
How wide open was Gafford for a game winning dunk, but no, Lavine has to be the man.
How many times did Laurie pass away when he was being guarded by Lillard?

simple basketball, Lavine is a head case glory hound. Does he need to leave this team or will someone just step up and tell him we would prefer wins to his glory. I thought that was what Thad Young was brought here for.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Been saying this for two years....Lavine's DNA is Sacramento Kings. He's a guy that will never play on a playoff competing team unless he's the 6th man.

He's always been a volume scorer, no D, and fills stat sheets on crappy rosters. At least his injuries seem to be behind him for now.

It was such a moronic trade, and the resign was laughable. GarPax.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Here's the thing though. In this era NBA, guys that fill the statsheet are the norm in the NBA, including deep playoff and title teams.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Been saying this for two years....Lavine's DNA is Sacramento Kings. He's a guy that will never play on a playoff competing team unless he's the 6th man.

He's always been a volume scorer, no D, and fills stat sheets on crappy rosters. At least his injuries seem to be behind him for now.

sacramento was the team that tried to sign him, I doubt they would want him now, I am not sure how many asses he puts in seats, they keep calling offering seat upgrades for our season tickets. They are trying to at least fill the seats that are seen on TV. All the consecutive sell out records? Dont know how they are keeping those running.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
sacramento was the team that tried to sign him, I doubt they would want him now, I am not sure how many asses he puts in seats, they keep calling offering seat upgrades for our season tickets. They are trying to at least fill the seats that are seen on TV. All the consecutive sell out records? Dont know how they are keeping those running.

Yes, I recall that Sac and Chi were the only two teams dums and desperate enough to pay him 4x $19/$20mm.

My point was that Lavine is precisely the type of player that historically has inflated scoring numbers from ball-hogging on a shitty team, fools gold that belongs on Sac.

Then again, who is to say the Bulls are any better than Sac these days?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

I wouldn’t say lavine is the problem. The head coach, lauri not developing, Otto being hurt, and still no true PG are much bigger issues than lavine. If lavine were on a better team, maybe he wouldn’t feel the need to try and win every game single handedly...the truth is we just don’t know because he’s never been given that chance. He is for better or worse, the best player on the roster

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t say lavine is the problem. The head coach, lauri not developing, Otto being hurt, and still no true PG are much bigger issues than lavine. If lavine were on a better team, maybe he wouldn’t feel the need to try and win every game single handedly...the truth is we just don’t know because he’s never been given that chance. He is for better or worse, the best player on the roster

Yeah, but that’s entirely beside the point I made.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I think both of you are right. I don't blame LaVine for our struggles but thats because hes ill-suited as a number one option. He doesn't have the BBIQ, which leads to allot of mistakes and failures to close out games.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Boylen is still one of the worst coaches in the NBA.....how can you be down 3 at both 11 and 4 secs left and not take a single 3?

This was from nearly 2 months ago.....nothing has changed. Boylen is still here, still making poor substitutions, still getting bad matchups because of it, still an X and O's embarrassment, still disliked by his players, still disliked by most fans , still losing games......still a fucking moron.

Is there enough talent to win here? As long as the Reinsdorfs allow the Gar/Pax thing to roll on....we may never know.

This team is a reflection of their coach and the coach is a pawn of the front office.

And finally, the Bull's fans are starting to see that they are being played.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I feel bad Lavine has been stuck in a shitty situation his whole career. He just isn't THAT guy(Luka, Giannis, LeBron, Kawhi...) but I think if he were in the right situation, he'd be pretty damn good.

I think the worst part of the whole situation is how Jim Boylen is killing the development of the players.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd have to weigh in on the side of Lavine being valuable as a third option, or even 6th man on a championship caliber team. He could rage with instant offense for a second unit like the Lakers by playing behind Rondo with Lebron at point.

Give him the Jerry stackhouse role and a smaller paycheck and you could win with him.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hawks on a back to back. Played in Miami last night while the Bulls were off. No excuses to lose this one... right?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls only problem is that there are not enough Piston and Hawks games on their schedule. 4-0 against them.

5-17 vs anyone else.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, but that’s entirely beside the point I made.

And I’m telling you why your point is still an unknown. Sure, lavine is probably not going to be the #1 guy on a championship team. However, I think he could be a hell of a #2 guy on such a team. The fact is we just won’t know unless the bulls get a #1 guy to pair with him ever. To claim we know one way or another is just silly when he’s never been put in such a position.

Btw, 35 points in 25 minutes on 7/7 three pointers last night is pretty fucking impressive. He will see you at the all star game

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Hawks on a back to back. Played in Miami last night while the Bulls were off. No excuses to lose this one... right?

Yeah, now we get to look forward to the largest opposite margin of victory in back to back games. Hornets in Chicago get something from MJ when they win. Probably the night at his favorite strip joint when he was here. Then we see if Kwahi or PG is on maintenance rest on Saturday.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We say that until Young drops 50. Better keep Dunn on him, but our coach has not indicated he is aware of situations or matchups.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
And I’m telling you why your point is still an unknown. Sure, lavine is probably not going to be the #1 guy on a championship team. However, I think he could be a hell of a #2 guy on such a team. The fact is we just won’t know unless the bulls get a #1 guy to pair with him ever. To claim we know one way or another is just silly when he’s never been put in such a position.

Btw, 35 points in 25 minutes on 7/7 three pointers last night is pretty fucking impressive. He will see you at the all star game

LOL, no it's not silly to project his abilities based on simple observation. I'm also equally confident that Adam Shaheen will not ever be a starting TE in the NFL on a team with a good QB, and you would reply that we simply don't know because it hasn't yet been proven or disproven.

Let me reiterate: I've watched the NBA for 4+ decades, and I've watched Lavine quite a bit. I do not profess to be an NBA subject-matter expert or a GM but I've seen enough to know Lavine doesn't have the makeup to lead a team through the playoffs as a starter. He's like a weak and light version of, albeit more athletic, than Carmelo. Not a team-first player, no D, consistent shit in the +/- category.

He slots in perfectly on a second unit for instant offense, a la Vinnie Microwave Johnson back in the day.