2019 / Trubisky

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Trubisky balled in the 4th so that's encouraging. I honestly don't know what the fuck kind of play calling was happening in the first half. Mizzell/Cunningham should not have seen the field. Bears were playing scared. Cost them the game.

QFT

3rd wasn't actually much better tbh. From memory, the D kinda stuck a little less than they were in first half but they still knew they could stop the short stuff and contain Mitch's legs. Nagy (or Mitch) still wasn't attacking the over-the-top openings.

Which brings me to my hypothesis for what happened this year and what will happen next:

Nagy ran plays with Mitch's first reads being short to medium most this year because of Mitch's poor downfield accuracy. He not only did this because he could not trust Mitch downfield but also knew that he could lean on a championship quality defense. This strategy was sound for most of the year. The Philly D left down the field open and took away Nagy's short-medium stuff (the kind that killed MIN) and Nagy took too long to put the playoff game into Mitch's downfield accuracy but eventually he did and Mitch did well enough to win the game.

Next year, down the field NEEDS to be part of the gameplan no matter what, and if this continues to be a source of concern then Mitch needs to be looked at hard for if he is the guy here or not. No matter what people predict record wise (lol), Mitch will either show he is the man to throw the ball for CHI consistently or show he has an inconsistency that prevails too often so it may prohibit him from being elite or a big game winner. This is what is interesting to me.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not a big loss. This will be the best DC job on the market so we'll be able to get a former HC to replace him.

Not a big loss? Where do people come up with this stuff? Will there be plenty of good choices that would love to have this Bears DC job? Of course but the players lose something when they lose a guy like Fangio who they all talk up everytime they're asked about him. He will be a big loss but if they bring in a legit guy that the players will respect from the beginning then we should be just fine cause we have a ton of talent. The only thing that i'd like about losing Fangio is if whoever replaces him makes us more aggressive with blitzes. I love Fangio and what he does but there are times i'm wishing he would just send 6-7-8 guys at the QB on certain plays but he plays his defense to not give up the big plays which we don't give up many of through an entire season.

I'm not so sure we'll lose him anyway cause it seems like the trend is teams going more offensive with their HC hires these days.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bunch of Nostradamii (pl. Nostradamus) on the board today. CCS must be where lottery winners hang out.

I guess if you get tired of complaining about the game, you can always come to CCS and pout about the posters too.

Might as well throw hypocrite in there too. lol