Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
These Bucks jerseys suck
I hate the vast majority of these new jerseys.

The other day the Clippers were wearing ones that made me think they were the Spurs.

In the Brooklyn-Milwaukee series, there's several times I turned it on to have the teams backwards initially.

I'm very traditional about jerseys. To me the home team should wear white (exception for Lakers), and on the road they should wear something that is within their team color spectrum.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also ref took out Trae Young.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The other day the Clippers were wearing ones that made me think they were the Spurs.

In the Brooklyn-Milwaukee series, there's several times I turned it on to have the teams backwards initially.

I'm very traditional about jerseys. To me the home team should wear white (exception for Lakers), and on the road they should wear something that is within their team color spectrum.
Isn't it a thing in other sports for the home team to wear the color jersey and the away team to wear white?

It does seem more recently there's just nothing but color jerseys in the NBA every game which is not the worst thing to me, but I do like the aesthetic of one team in a white scheme with the other in whatever non white color scheme just for the contrast.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Isn't it a thing in other sports for the home team to wear the color jersey and the away team to wear white?

It does seem more recently there's just nothing but color jerseys in the NBA every game which is not the worst thing to me, but I do like the aesthetic of one team in a white scheme with the other in whatever non white color scheme just for the contrast.
Football historically has worn colored jerseys at home, sans the Dallas Cowboys. Hockey changed it up some years ago from white on the road and colors at home.

If the NBA had gone that route, sure I could have gotten use to it, but they didn't. It became "wear whatever the fuck you want." This has led numerous times to teams wearing similar colors, most recently this year, in which the Thunder-Hawks both wore red jerseys and the Thunder changed to white at halftime (since they were home).

Of course I understand what this is in the end, and its just a marketing technique to get you to buy more jerseys. Seemingly every team has like 8 different jerseys now. And it'd be one thing if they just did these weird jerseys during the regular season, but they are allowed to use them in the playoffs too (and from a marketing perspective, that is better of course).

But as I said, I'm a traditionalist with the jerseys. I would have accepted what the other leagues do if they had merely flip flopped the colors and whites, but the NBA choose not to go that route, which also isn't entirely surprising given the NBA isn't very "conservative" compared to other sports.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
NBA hates color blind people

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

According to this Milwaukee Bucks Color Codes Hex, RGB, and CMYK - Team Color Codes that blue was within their team colors. I've never seen them in those uniforms before, but it did look odd.

I actually like that the home team are wearing the dark color more and more, but in the traditional team colors. When I see that blue for the Bucks, I don't think of their traditional colors.

I know what you're saying for the Lakers, but I actually think their white jerseys look sharper than the yellow.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We’re really blaming the official for that?

There’s calling out bad calls, but I think this has jumped the shark.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I like how college football does jerseys, most stay intact. Outside of Oregon and their stupid color schemes though.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Nah, he was walking. He may be out for this game, but I can see him back for Game 5.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
NBAs goal is to have these last 4 teams lose enough players they have to forfeit. They will then bring Brooklyn and the Lakers back for the finals

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Pretty much all internet doctors say he is done for the year regardless of what the injury is.

Bucks themselves apparently fear an ACL tear.

ACL tears don't automatically mean you're crippled.. Klay Thompson in game 6 of the 2019 Finals tore his ACL while being fouled, left the court, ran back onto the court, and came out to shoot free throws then proceeded to sprint full speed down court as he wanted to keep playing. Steve Kerr, knowing better, instructed the Warriors to foul to get him the hell out of the game.

If it is an ACL tear though, good bye Bucks next season. Tearing it in late June here pretty much means he wouldn't be able to come back until April at the earliest (unless he has Adrian Peterson recovery skills). With the NBA on track to return to their normal schedule, pretty much Greek would be out until the playoffs, and generally teams don't return a guy who has been out all year just for the playoffs.

Also before anyone says it.. This is another one of those freak accidents that literally has nothing to do with minute load, condensed schedule or any of that bullshit. This is really just a freak season IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.