2020-2021 Around the NBA Thread

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Bulls wanted Lonzo last season already, so it was pretty clear 5 months ago we were going after him anyway... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Axl Rose

¡Viva Zapata!
If you are a middle of the pack player and some team is offering you 80 million dollars - TAKE IT.

Only superstars can get away with turning down that type of money.

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you are a middle of the pack player and some team is offering you 80 million dollars - TAKE IT.

Only superstars can get away with turning down that type of money.

I think he was banking on getting a big contract after seeing lesser players cash in in recent years.

However, after a down year for the Lakers and a reduced cap because of Covid, this wasn't the year for him to take that gamble.

Crazy how he went from wanting 25 million a year to hoping he'd get the full MLE for 9.5 million haha.

Axl Rose

¡Viva Zapata!
I think he was banking on getting a big contract after seeing lesser players cash in in recent years.

However, after a down year for the Lakers and a reduced cap because of Covid, this wasn't the year for him to take that gamble.

Crazy how he went from wanting 25 million a year to hoping he'd get the full MLE for 9.5 million haha.
4/84 is a big contract and you're the starting PG on a championship-level team in Los Angeles!!!

Hard to believe anyone would have offered more. I'm guessing he thought he could test the market to see and the offer from LA would still be there. They totally pulled the rug out from under him when they traded for Westbrook.

Last edited:

knoxville7

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champion(Yahoo League)
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Marko looking a lot better this game than last

Axl Rose

¡Viva Zapata!
Alize Johnson waived - could be a get for us.

Could fool casual fans into thinking Jimmy Butler is on the team all season.

alize-johnson.jpg

Last edited: